Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    There aren't four faces, there are just the three everyone (pretty much) can agree on. Lex, Joker, Darkseid. Then personal preference. Nobody else stands out from the pack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingsw00d View Post
    just the most iconic
    Darkseid is not there.
    Last edited by ngroove; 06-02-2014 at 08:54 AM.

Joker
    Lex Luthor
    Darkseid
    Black Adam

Honorable mention: Sinestro

Thanks for the replies thus far! I guess I overestimated Brainiac...

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    Joker, Catwoman, Penguin, and Lex Luthor.
    Wouldn't Catwoman qualify more as an anti-hero/neutral? Similar to Galactus in Marvel? Like Galactus, she is without a doubt 'iconic', but can we include her on a MRoV?

Quote Originally Posted by neonrideraryeh View Post
    I think we can pretty much agree Darkseid, Lex and Joker are there
    The fourth is up for debate. I reckon Sinestro, Deathstroke, Anti-Monitor, Cheetah, Penguin and maybe others could make a case.
    Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    There aren't four faces, there are just the three everyone (pretty much) can agree on. Lex, Joker, Darkseid. Then personal preference. Nobody else stands out from the pack.
    It does appear to be playing out that way, but Deathstroke, Black Adam and Sinestro are right there for #4. If we go with five heads, then it's getting very interesting.

Darkseid is not there.
    Yet he seems to be getting a lot of votes so far?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    I'd want them to correlate to the real presidents more, because I'm a stickler.

1. Founder (all the way back) and leader, "always tells a lie". Slave owner. Dates back to the 40s.
    2. Early notable, architect, renaissance man, and drafter of evil. Keep the secret society angle. 40s and 50s.
    3. Progressive (or regressive), big game hunter, ecologist/eco-terrorist. Speaks softly, carries stick made of 1000 assassins. 70s.
    4. Dichotomy of conflict; taking away civil liberties, causing civil wars, enslaving in the name of freedom fighting. Brutally honest.

1. Vandal Savage.
    2. Lex Luthor.
    3. Ra's al Ghul.
    4. Black Adam.

Joker's the kind of guy who would be drawing mustaches on them all with spraycans.
    Darkseid wouldn't suffer SHARING a mountain face with weaklings.
    Sinestro could switch for Adam, but he doesn't care that much about Earth.
    ha, i like you're thinking

Incredible Member

Thanks for the replies thus far! I guess I overestimated Brainiac...

Wouldn't Catwoman qualify more as an anti-hero/neutral? Similar to Galactus in Marvel? Like Galactus, she is without a doubt 'iconic', but can we include her on a MRo[U]V[/]
    To quote your original post:

Which four (or five) DC villains would you choose to be enshrined as the most iconic of all-time. This wouldn't necessarily be the most powerful or the most evil, just the most iconic.
    Darkseid, is still a character mostly known today, for in the comics. Maybe he was loved decades ago for "Super Powers Team: Galactic Guardians", but that was decades ago, that cartoon is not exactly in timeless value either.

For anyone who is still mostly known for in the comics, they are still only "fan favorites" or more accurately "cult favorites", known mostly to that select minority of people, such as the minority that is the comic book readers who reads comics with them.
    Last edited by ngroove; 06-02-2014 at 10:00 AM.

Astonishing Member

To quote your original post:

Darkseid, is still a character mostly known today, for in the comics. Maybe he was loved decades ago for "Super Powers Team: Galactic Guardians", but that was decades ago, that cartoon is not exactly in timeless value either.

For anyone who is still mostly known for in the comics, they are still only "fan favorites" or more accurately "cult favorites", known mostly to that select minority of people, such as the minority that is the comic book readers who reads comics with them.
    Indeed. For "iconic", you're mostly looking at Joker and Luthor appearing twice each.

Or, possibly, Riddler.

Yeah that 4th one is tricky. You've got Joker and Luthor to cover the 2 biggest characters. Darkseid covers the JL.

Now just have to find that 4th villain, that also have crossover appeal.

Unless you think that Wonder Woman has a villain that deserves to be up there.

I'd probably add Sinestro. He's been around for a very long time, and GL is such a well know character.

Luthor
    Joker
    Darkseid
    Sinestro

Fantastic Member

Which four (or five) DC villains would you choose to be enshrined as the most iconic of all-time. This wouldn't necessarily be the most powerful or the most evil, just the most iconic.

I would probably go with the following:

Darkseid
    Lex Luthor
    Joker
    Brainiac

potential fifth: Penguin, Sinestro or Two-Face
    I mostly to agree, although I don't think Two-Face is a Dr. Evil kind of guy. It mostly goes with Luthor, Sivana, the Joker, the Penguin, the Scarecrow, Cheetah. Brainiac and Darksaid totally love to see their ugly faces in stone, but they are less likely to share the spot. Say what you want about Luthor, but in the end, he can be a good sport and share with other supervillains.

A fun Rushmore would be Luthor, Sivana, Joker and Penguin, but only the silver age versions of the first and the last would go for something like that.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by tib2d2 View Post
    Yeah that 4th one is tricky. You've got Joker and Luthor to cover the 2 biggest characters. Darkseid covers the JL.

Now just have to find that 4th villain, that also have crossover appeal.

Unless you think that Wonder Woman has a villain that deserves to be up there.

I'd probably add Sinestro. He's been around for a very long time, and GL is such a well know character.

Luthor
    Joker
    Darkseid
    Sinestro
    Green Lantern is mostly well known for Green Lantern, just as Wonder Woman is mostly well known for Wonder Woman. Sinestro, if ever a "Green Lantern II" movie, which the first was mediocre anyways, we'll see on him being "iconic".

Just pick a four:

Joker
    Penguin
    Catwoman
    Riddler
    Lex Luthor
    General Zod
    Mister Mxyzptlk
    Bizarro

Extraordinary Member

Joker, Darkeid, Lex Luthor.

Wow. Thats really poor compared to Marvels.

Darkseid, is still a character mostly known today, for in the comics.
    Isn't that the point thought? I'm certainly not picking characters to placate non-comic book readers. Those are the same people who couldn't tell you if Hawkman was a DC or Marvel character. People who at least have a general knowledge of the DC universe understand the importance and status of a big bad like Darkseid. That's who my list is geared for.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Joker
    Luthor
    Darkseid
    Sinestro
    That's pretty much exactly the ones The MunchKING would have chosen as well.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

BANNED

No Captain Cold love? Woooooow. Lex, Cap, Deathstroke, Sinestro.

joker, luthor, Sinestro, Darkseid

BANNED

The list with Joker, Luthor, Darkseid, Sinestro sounds like it's generally the best one. In the Silver Age I might have replaced Sinestro with Braniac, and in the 90's I probably would have put Doomsday up there, but Sinestro has since been elevated higher than them.