Default It bugs me this awesome and teased Superman costume was never used

Nothing matches the classic Superman colors, but it surprises me how good Superman looks in a black costume (Justice Lords Superman, Superman Beyond)

I think this costume is gorgeous and was disappointed it was never used after it had been teased

I didn't read all of Lobdell's run though, so maybe it was used? I don't think it was

It was used... just not in the main Superman books. It was first seen in crossover Krypton Returns in Superboy #25 and ended in Supergirl #25.
    Last edited by SSJ4JW; 06-04-2014 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SSJ4JW View Post
    It was used... just not in the main Superman books. It was first seen in crossover Krypton Returns in Superboy #25 and ended in Supergirl #25.
    Oh thanks
    10 characters

In the proper colors I still think this looks best, yeah. The idea of solar lines, as opposed to just regular seams, not only looks cooler you actually have a built-in reason for having them there. Reserve solar energy or some such.

Quote Originally Posted by Super-Cyke View Post
    Oh thanks
    10 characters
    You didn't miss anything. Combine both issues and it showed up for a total of 3 pages. In fact it changed back to normal after the first picture you posted. Sadly it added literally nothing to the story and Superman did nothing in it besides watching his parents. Blinked and you would have missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    In the proper colors I still think this looks best, yeah. The idea of solar lines, as opposed to just regular seams, not only looks cooler you actually have a built-in reason for having them there. Reserve solar energy or some such.

That's what I thought too but unfortunately it was just a cosmetic change. Time stream changes the suit very briefly and that's it. It would cool to see that Superman and Supergirl outfits change to reserve solar energy when on Krypton.

You didn't miss anything. Combine both issues and it showed up for a total of 3 pages. In fact it changed back to normal after the first picture you posted. Sadly it added literally nothing to the story and Superman did nothing in it besides watching his parents. Blinked and you would have missed it.
    Okay. I never read all of the return of Krypton arc. Maybe I'll pick it up in trade format but I'll remember that this costume is barely in it

Chronic MasterDebater The Beast's Avatar

That's too bad, I was hoping they were going to keep that collar.

If they used this costume with Superman's traditional colors, it would have looked very cool. It has a nice sci-fi vibe to it. Kind of a missed opportunity. I did a re-color of the flying image a while back. I'll have to see if I can find it.