Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default We have had the Greatest now let's do The WORST Superman Stories Ever Told.

Let's get into what you think are the worst Superman stories Ever Told.

Let's have fun with this.

My Worst Story Ever Told was Superman: For Tomorrow. If there was ever a waste of a years worth of Superman this was it. The story was just a mess in every shape and form and will go down as the only collection I refuse to own ( Yes, I even Own the Soft Cover of Grounded). It is IMO the Worst of the Worst.

BB

Watching The Wheels wrkngclasshero's Avatar

First of all to Billy Batson... no... just no...

I'd have to say the worst Superman story ever told was everything written by Lobdell, or maybe Massacre in Metropolis. How many can say they read that when it came out?

Most uninspired bad guy ever...
    "A working class hero is something to be..." - J. Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    Let's get into what you think are the worst Superman stories Ever Told.

Let's have fun with this.

My Worst Story Ever Told was Superman: For Tomorrow. If there was ever a waste of a years worth of Superman this was it. The story was just a mess in every shape and form and will go down as the only collection I refuse to own ( Yes, I even Own the Soft Cover of Grounded). It is IMO the Worst of the Worst.
    Can you explain why it is the worst story? When there are real stinkers like Kamandi: At Earth's End or JLA: Act of God (Suicidal drunk Superman, Suicidal Catholic Diana, Whining League).
    - A Skrull! Doctor Richards, why have you still not developed a counter measure against them? How many times did they impersonated you, ten?
    - A dozen Batman.

Watching The Wheels wrkngclasshero's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Goldarmy View Post
    Can you explain why it is the worst story? When there are real stinkers like Kamandi: At Earth's End or JLA: Act of God (Suicidal drunk Superman, Suicidal Catholic Diana, Whining League).
    I just googled Act of God, and it sounds like a fascinating premise. Is it that poorly executed?
    "A working class hero is something to be..." - J. Lennon

BANNED

One just needs to read it to understand why it was terrible my friend. I'd rather have root canal then have to read that book again.

Some of the obvious standouts are:

Grounded
    For Tomorrow
    Godfall
    At Earth's End (Elseworlds where Superman looks like Santa met The Punisher)

Quote Originally Posted by wrkngclasshero View Post
    I just googled Act of God, and it sounds like a fascinating premise. Is it that poorly executed?
    It was poorly executed. It has Clark watching the sad state of the world from the television. And later watching a fireman save kids while drinking from the bottle (and remembering his glory days).

One just needs to read it to understand why it was terrible my friend. I'd rather have root canal then have to read that book again.
    If it was that bad you can give (and you should give) a few examples, so we can avoid.
    - A Skrull! Doctor Richards, why have you still not developed a counter measure against them? How many times did they impersonated you, ten?
    - A dozen Batman.

BANNED

It was poorly executed. It has Clark watching the sad state of the world from the television. And later watching a fireman save kids while drinking from the bottle (and remembering his glory days).

If it was that bad you can give (and you should give) a few examples, so we can avoid.
    Oh, where to start. Superman completely out of character, Story made to make Superman look like a fool for most of the story, Drawn by Jim Lee ( No need to explain this if you know anything about me), Supporting characters done all wrong. Terrible ending with the worst version of a Classic Villain ever created.

I really don't need to go on do I. You're bringing back memories I have tried to suppress.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Easily the first thing that pops into my head is GROUNDED.

There's also Chuck Austen's ACTION COMICS, which was the first time in my life that I didn't buy Superman comic books.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Easily the first thing that pops into my head is GROUNDED.

There's also Chuck Austen's ACTION COMICS, which was the first time in my life that I didn't buy Superman comic books.
    The Gog Story was God awful.

Oh, where to start. Superman completely out of character,
    In what way? We are talking about a character who had dozens of writers after all.

Story made to make Superman look like a fool for most of the story,
    We are talking about Superman, who from time to time forgets that he can move as fast as Flash, so you have to be more specific

Supporting characters done all wrong.
    How so? For example, Act of God had Lois dumping depowered Clark because she only loves Superman.

Terrible ending with the worst version of a Classic Villain ever created.
    Speeding Bullets had the terrible Joker/Luthor hybrid. Something like that?

I really don't need to go on do I. You're bringing back memories I have tried to suppress.
    You didn't even started. Kamandi had the Santa Punisher Superman crying while hugging the rotten corpse of Batman. I doubt your memories could be worse than that.
    - A dozen Batman.

Grounded. There is plenty of more...but this comes out of the top of my head...on and Earth End? Was it?

BANNED

In what way? We are talking about a character who had dozens of writers after all.

We are talking about Superman, who from time to time forgets that he can move as fast as Flash, so you have to be more specific

How so? For example, Act of God had Lois dumping depowered Clark because she only loves Superman.

Speeding Bullets had the terrible Joker/Luthor hybrid. Something like that?

You didn't even started. Kamandi had the Santa Punisher Superman crying while hugging the rotten corpse of Batman. I doubt your memories could be worse than that.
    You're killing me, Besides this thread is for fun and not to be annualized. There is no need to ask someone to explain why they like something or not. We all have our reasons for liking something or not so if one wants to explain it in detail they can if not that's fine to.

God knows I have said enough already with this terrible story.
    Last edited by Lexrules; 05-30-2014 at 01:06 PM.

In 1995, there was an arc that featured Lori living with Lois that included Joker poisoning Lois in order to test Superman's no killing rule and ultimately led up to Lois ending her engagement to Clark. I thought that particular year was terrible.

I also dislike many Silver Age stories. They were hit and miss for me.