Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default MOS blue ray/dvd sales.

Hey superman fans. Are you guys aware that MOS blew away all other comic book movies last year in DVD/ Blue ray sales. I find that pretty interesting. http://www.the-numbers.com/home-mark...ray-sales/2013

http://www.the-numbers.com/home-market/dvd-sales/2013
    Last edited by inisideguy; 06-02-2014 at 12:37 AM.

BANNED

I find it sad. Man of Slaughter was a PoS movie.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDemon View Post
    I wonder why IM3 did so crappy with these sales. It had at least a month and a half jump on MOS as far as DVD/ blue ray sales. And it was the biggest cbm of the year by far but apparently no one wanted to own the thing lol

Man of Slaughter? *tsk* It's Man of Murder fool!
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Nice to see that people still care about Superman.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    I wonder why IM3 did so crappy with these sales. It had at least a month and a half jump on MOS as far as DVD/ blue ray sales. And it was the biggest cbm of the year by far but apparently no one wanted to own the thing lol
    IM3 cheesed a lot of people off. The story, lack of other Avengers, The Mandarin etc. Iron Man 3 is just filler till Avengers 2 comes out. MOS may have divided audiences and fans, but people are still talking about it one year later. No one is talking about IM3, Thor TDW, or the Wolverine (sort of with regards to the Wolverine since it's been retconned by DOFP). I know people are going to hate to hear this but, MOS inspired (discussions, renewed interest in Superman, and 2 sequels in the short term BvS +JLA) where other films left little impression on the audience after they left the theater. The aforementioned IM3, Thor TDW and add Capt America TWS; whose glow has faded from memory after 2 months, to the list of rival comic book properties no one is discussing anymore.

All-New Member InsanityIsTrueSanity's Avatar

Interesting. I've noticed that only critics and hardcore fans hated Man of Steel. The general audience seems to have like the movie.

Man of Slaughter? The Dark Killer? Iron Murderer? Captain Homicide. Mehr?

Lol

The only thing sad is that someone would actually find it sad that some people like a movie they don't.

Extraordinary Member

Only people who hate MOS is the critics and Super-Superman fans.

I am a Super-Superman fan and I absolutely loved MOS

I know you're trying to find out where I hang my cape. YOU WON'T.

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    I am a Super-Superman fan and I absolutely loved MOS

I find the disc sales of MoS vs. IM3 to be a bit intriguing. Intuitively, I just figure the ones that did better at the box office will do better in the home sales. Nope. I'd like to know the rationale. If I had to guess, it's that Iron Man was a bigger brand name at the moment, so people went to see it at the theatre regardless, but didn't need a second home viewing. Perhaps this is also a case that IM3 sales were lower than expected.

My theory is that a bunch of members of the general audience had a bad taste in their mouths from the god-awful Superman Returns and decided to stay away from MOS during it's theatrical run. Then, when it came out on DVD, they decided to rent it, found out that it wasn't anything like SR, loved it, and then bought it on DVD to watch again.

P.S. Before the haters start flaming me. I did say it was just a theory and has no basis in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Hapless Henchman View Post
    My theory is that a bunch of members of the general audience had a bad taste in their mouths from the god-awful Superman Returns and decided to stay away from MOS during it's theatrical run. Then, when it came out on DVD, they decided to rent it, found out that it wasn't anything like SR, loved it, and then bought it on DVD to watch again.

P.S. Before the haters start flaming me. I did say it was just a theory and has no basis in fact.
    This is why sequels tend to make more money than the first. The people who didn't cough up the money in theatres to see it will see it on DVD/Blue-ray/Netflix/pirate it, like it, and go see the sequel in theatres.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut