Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tami

2 33.33%
  • Cleric of Hell's Brigade

4 66.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Rumblers League - Spring/Summer Season Week 1 Tami vs Cleric of Hell's Brigade

Tami
    Harry Dresden (The Dresden Files) 6 + Book of the Vishanti (Marvel) 7 & Bob the Skull (Dresden Files) 6
    Thomas Raith (The Dresden Files) 4 + Silver Torc (Secret History) 7 & Sword of Kamuu, The (Marvel) 8
    Powergirl (DC) 10 / Meggan (Marvel) 9 + Access Amalgamation (Marvel/DC) 8
    Daniel X (Daniel X - novel and manga series) 8 + Sun Disc (Original Item) 10
    Molly Carpenter (The Dresden Files) 8 + Norn Stones (Marvel) 8
    Justine (Dresden Files) 1 + Girdle of Aphrodite (Items of Olympus/OC item) 9 & Kymellian Power Blessing: Gravity (Marvel) 2
    Ikaris (Marvel) 9

VS

Cleric of Hell's Brigade
    Liberty Belle (DC) 10 + Telepathy Blocking Ear Plugs (Marvel) 7 & Darkstar Suit (DC) 7
    Miss Martian (DC) 10 + Serpent's Crown (Marvel) 7 & USS Eldridge (DE-173)'s Ships' Barometer (Warehouse 13) 7
    Samandahl Rey (Crossgen) 9 + Exposure to Negative Reactor (Marvel) 9
    Wonder Woman (DC) 9 + Invisibility Serum - Threeboot (DC) 3 & Rod of Office (Crossgen: The Path) 9
    Blue Beetle (DC) 8 + Accursed Blade (Death Gate Cycle) 6
    Mary Zero (Marvel) 3 + Yoma Ring (Devil Hunter Yohko) 4, Angelus Symbiote (The Darkness) 7 & H.A.R.D Corps Psi-Borg Implant (Valiant) 5

Arena: Purgatory

Rules:

• No Posting or Voting during the 1st hour and the last hour of this match
    • No Posting Non-Debate posts here unless absolutely necessary. Non-debate Posts should be posted in the Discussion Thread. If you must absolutely post one, please mark it as a Non-debate post to avoid confusion. No more than 4 MAX allowed in this thread.
    • Each Team gets 7 Debate Posts
    • Two-Player Teams, only one can vote for their team.

Mighty Member

Tami Strategy

Week 1 Strategy: Team Tami vs Team Cleric

Initial Actions (high speed):

The Winter Lady uses her powers render the Team perfectly invisible while mounting defenses against Psychic attacks, Magical attacks and Time distortions.

Dresden gives the word for Bob to leave his skull and ‘Ride-Along’ inside him.

Thomas activates the Torc

Daniel activates the Sun Disc

Actions:

While still Veiled, Glorious, Daniel and Ikaris will take flight. Moving at high speed, they will go after their targets.

Glorious will attack Liberty Belle.

Daniel will go after Miss Martian.

Ikaris will go after Samandahl Rey.

If any of these three get into trouble, they will be aided by the first of the other two to become available.

Harry will use the power of the Book of Vishanti and Bob’s Knowledge to create spells to locate and keep Wonder Woman busy until Thomas is available. Then the two of them will distract her long enough for Glorious, Daniel and Ikaris to finish her off.

Thomas will attack Blue Beetle with a direct assault. If Thomas cannot defeat him alone, he will disarm him and let Harry finish him off by using Hexus then encasing him in ice.

The Winter Lady should be powerful enough to locate Mary Zero despite her mutant power. Once Mary Zero is close enough, Molly will drop the veil from Justine and let her use the power of Aphrodite. It will not matter if Justine cannot see Mary Zero, so long as Mary can see her. Working together, in short order they will disable the Implant and seal her up in Ice.

Notes:
    1. Everyone will be fighting as fast as they can, and performing at their best and using all their powers and abilities as needed.
    2. Everyone on the team will assist the others as needed, when able to.
    3. Injuries will be healed by the Winter Lady
    4. Anyone who is dimension dumped will be retrieved
    5. Once incapacitated, opposing team members will be disarmed and encapsulated in Ice.
    6. If needed, the Winter Lady will see if a storm of snow occur in this Arena
    7. If needed, Illusions will be used to confuse the opposing team
    8. If needed, Psychic attacks will be used against those vulnerable to them; magical attacks against those without defenses.
    9. If needed, Daniel will use the Power of Ra to boost Glorious' powers.
    10. All shields and defenses will be activated during the Initial actions and maintained as needed throughout the battle.

Mighty Member

Cleric of Hell's Brigade Strategy

[url=http://community.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?3501-Rumbler-s-League-2014-Spring-Summer-Team-Reference&p=93466&viewfull=1#post93466]Tami]/url]

vs

Cleric

Fight takes place in Purgatory, 1 km apart on opposite sides of a mountain.

Please remember that my team will perform their moves as quickly as possible.

Liberty Belle touches the barometer as Miss Martian activates the barometer, both at speed. Now I have a 47 second time stop that Tami's team shouldn't be immune to. Belle, MM, and Mary are, however on my side.

Belle and MM, both with super speed and one with TP, now have 47 seconds (and a 1 km distance) to locate the enemy. This will easily be done, and once they have found them and given the location to Mary, Mary will teleport the rest of my team to positions behind Tami's.

I should still have plenty of time here, so it should be simplicity itself for Mary to use her power to -d-dump the more dangerous opponents. Glorious Girl, Ikaris, Daniel Ra (if possible), Justine, Molly, Harry, Bob, and Thomas in that order.

While Mary is d-dumping in the time stop, Belle and MM will knock out the others still standing (through physical force or TP if needed so that when the time stop stops, they will then be rendered unconscious)) and remove various items from them that can be removed to render the opposition less powerful.

There should be no real way to get around this for Tami, so I should be good. However, in case, for whatever reason, Daniel manages something and is immune to the time stop, well, Belle and Miss Martian should be more than enough to fight him and over power him together through TP, Namor holding TK, and a lot more physical strength than Daniel's got, even boosted to CM levels as he is now.

If Daniel is immune and he manages to stall the two long enough for the 47 seconds to be up, the rest of my team will be in position, behind Tami's, to do some real damage. Blue Beetle, much to the irony of Dresden, Molly, Thomas, and Justine is a perfect fighter to beat them. The Accursed Blade helps fight magic users, and with that much power they have, they should be ready to face a dragon or two or something worse, alongside energy blasts powerful enough to beat Sinestro Corp's users.

Sam and Diana can play knock out too, from behind. Diana can't be seen or tracked, so little here can stop her from knocking them out or using her Lasso to control/depower people. Plus her Rod can add some oomph and blast them unconscious or teleport them away from each other so they cannot support one another. Sam just adds more firepower to throw around, and can keep the big dogs down.

If, for whatever reason, my initial move cannot work and Mary cannot d-dump the really powerful ones away, then she can still teleport my team behind Tami's once they are located via Miss Martian or one of the others, and then we can attack from behind. Diana teleports Glorious Girl away while Miss Martian handles Daniel and Belle hammers most of them unconscious before they realize she's there. Jamie adds magic protection to take out the spell casters (plus lasers) and Sam should be capable of handling Ikaris and the rest if still standing. Once they are down, Glorious Girl is located (after Diana teleported her away) and dog-piled if needs be. If Daniel tries any mind whammy, Miss Martian is there to stop him. If she can, she'll also TP the enemy team to sleep, but I'm not sure she'll have the time.

Also, the opposing team can't sense/won't realize Mary is there, so they can't stop her really.

My team will aid each other as needs be and will fight to the best of their abilities, items, skills, experience, knowledge, and powers allow them to. D-Dumps will be returned from if possible, and healing will be done if required.

The timestop looks bad for Tami, do you have a work around?

A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

With the Timestop being a double edged blade which stops all but 3 of Hells Brigade if the Winter Lady can sheild her team from the effects its a 6 on 3 advantage for 47 seconds. But if its not countered the Brigade would have the advantage at the start.

Like Cleric Said, Daniel is immune to Time Manipulation, and Molly as Winter Lady should have the same Powers (even more so) as her predecessor Maeve. All the Queens, in fact, can manipulate the flow of time. This was shown in Cold Days and if I dig deep enough I'll find other examples of it. The Time Stop effect should be negated, giving my team the edge in this fight.

Will go into this in more detail tomorrow, after I get some sleep.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Mighty Member

Specific thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Estrecca View Post
    Tami Strategy
    The Winter Lady uses her powers render the Team perfectly invisible while mounting defenses against Psychic attacks, Magical attacks and Time distortions.
    Hmmm...

Examples of resistance against time shenanigans would be nice, yes.

Thomas activates the Torc
    Daniel activates the Sun Disc
    I think these two already come active.

Glorious will attack Liberty Belle.
    Daniel will go after Miss Martian.
    Ikaris will go after Samandahl Rey.
    If any of these three get into trouble, they will be aided by the first of the other two to become available.
    I really don't know squat about Ikaris, but he'd have to be really, really good to be a match in baseline for Samandhal Rey with the amp he is rocking here.

Harry will use the power of the Book of Vishanti and Bob’s Knowledge to create spells to locate and keep Wonder Woman busy until Thomas is available. Then the two of them will distract her long enough for Glorious, Daniel and Ikaris to finish her off.

Nope, this is not happening.

Unless there was something absolutely huge in Skin Game that I haven't reached yet, Harry is utterly inadequate to find and even mildly inconvenience an invisible Wonder Woman who is wielding the Rod.

Thomas will attack Blue Beetle with a direct assault. If Thomas cannot defeat him alone, he will disarm him and let Harry finish him off by using Hexus then encasing him in ice.
    Nope, Thomas cannot possibly defeat the Blue Beetle. His stealth is 100% guaranteed ineffective against the Scarab's scanners, just for starters. The Sword of Kamuu is certainly going to go straight through anything the Accursed Blade can muster, but at the very least it is going to swamp Thomas in monsters (and it isn't as if the neighbourhood is lacking in such things).

The Winter Lady should be powerful enough to locate Mary Zero despite her mutant power. Once Mary Zero is close enough, Molly will drop the veil from Justine and let her use the power of Aphrodite. It will not matter if Justine cannot see Mary Zero, so long as Mary can see her. Working together, in short order they will disable the Implant and seal her up in Ice.
    Sealing the Angelus in ice strikes me as a bad move. It'd take a whole lot of effort and, frankly, if she has been love-charmed by Justine, Mary Zero ought to be put to better use.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Like Cleric Said, Daniel is immune to Time Manipulation, and Molly as Winter Lady should have the same Powers (even more so) as her predecessor Maeve. All the Queens, in fact, can manipulate the flow of time. This was shown in Cold Days and if I dig deep enough I'll find other examples of it. The Time Stop effect should be negated, giving my team the edge in this fight.

The problem there is, Maeve never showed time powers. Not that I recall, and Molly, while she does have the Mantle, is woefully lacking in those feats. And the Lady's compared to the Queens is a really, really big gap in terms of power. The Queen's can do stuff with time, sure, but its like comparing a matchstick to a bonfire as comparing the power between a Lady, like Molly is now, and a Queen.

Beyond that, has Daniel shown to be immune, or does he just have general temporal manipulations? I looked at his wiki, and it said he could stop time, but he did not say he was immune to it being done to him. Of course, Daniel vs. Miss Martian and Liberty Belle doesn't overly bode well for Daniel.

There is also the problem that Molly, while an impressive mage is slow, even with the Norn Stones. Very slow, compared to my initial moves.

Worse comes to worse, I've still teleported my team behind yours well before your team, save Daniel, has started moving.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

The Torc does not come in activated (at least, it never did in my matches from previous Leagues). It has to be subvocalized is what I always did. Mind you, since it only has to be subvocalized, and least super speedsters can use it without that pesky speed of sound thing coming into play, like the Penetrtor from some of the first Leagues.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Estrecca View Post
    Liberty Belle touches the barometer as Miss Martian activates the barometer, both at speed. Now I have a 47 second time stop that Tami's team shouldn't be immune to. Belle, MM, and Mary are, however on my side.
    As it turns out, there might be issues with this.

Belle and MM, both with super speed and one with TP, now have 47 seconds (and a 1 km distance) to locate the enemy. This will easily be done, and once they have found them and given the location to Mary, Mary will teleport the rest of my team to positions behind Tami's.
    Personally, I am not very sure if telepathy will be any good when it comes to locating time frozen enemies, since their thoughts will be presumably as frozen as their bodies.

Of course, if there are unfrozen enemies to pick up, this is a moot point, but just pointing that I am not sold on the idea.

There is also something of a chance of Mary Zero being able to pick up Daniel X's location through the Sun Disc. Its magic of fire and light makes it a sibling of sorts to the Angelus and the Angelus has sometimes shown ability to sense such things.

There should be no real way to get around this for Tami, so I should be good. However, in case, for whatever reason, Daniel manages something and is immune to the time stop, well, Belle and Miss Martian should be more than enough to fight him and over power him together through TP, Namor holding TK, and a lot more physical strength than Daniel's got, even boosted to CM levels as he is now.
    Unless you mean Miss Martian boosting her strength telekinetically through use of the Serpent Crown, she doesn't particularly have "a lot more" physical strength than Captain Marvel.

Sam and Diana can play knock out too, from behind. Diana can't be seen or tracked, so little here can stop her from knocking them out or using her Lasso to control/depower people. Plus her Rod can add some oomph and blast them unconscious or teleport them away from each other so they cannot support one another. Sam just adds more firepower to throw around, and can keep the big dogs down.
    I am not sure of Wonder Woman pulling teleportation tricks with the Rod. She is new to the weapon and while she is certainly a better match for it than Obo-san, I'd expect something of a learning curve before she starts using it for advanced stunts. Energy blasts in the other hand, should be just fine.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    The problem there is, Maeve never showed time powers. Not that I recall, and Molly, while she does have the Mantle, is woefully lacking in those feats. And the Lady's compared to the Queens is a really, really big gap in terms of power. The Queen's can do stuff with time, sure, but its like comparing a matchstick to a bonfire as comparing the power between a Lady, like Molly is now, and a Queen.
    Feats do seem to be the issue.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

After watching the episodes of Warehouse 13, how far can the Barometer stop time away from itself?

Someone just outside a train station was unaffected, and it would have caused major havok if it extended enough to interfere with the Tower/Planes at the Airport. The USS Eldridge is only 300 feet long according to wiki after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    After watching the episodes of Warehouse 13, how far can the Barometer stop time away from itself?

Someone just outside a train station was unaffected, and it would have caused major havok if it extended enough to interfere with the Tower/Planes at the Airport. The USS Eldridge is only 300 feet long according to wiki after all.
    When it was first used, against Mykka, it effected pretty much an entire building as the bad guy positioned her partner to get shot.

But it does seem to have a limited range too in the second appearance. Mind you, at 1kilometer away, that still means the super fast duo (MM and Liberty) can get within range to time stop the opposing team and that it still doesn't stop Mary from teleporting my team behind Tami's.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    When it was first used, against Mykka, it effected pretty much an entire building as the bad guy positioned her partner to get shot.

But it does seem to have a limited range too in the second appearance. Mind you, at 1kilometer away, that still means the super fast duo (MM and Liberty) can get within range to time stop the opposing team and that it still doesn't stop Mary from teleporting my team behind Tami's.
    If she can find them, considering they were all veiled and the fastest ones were moving on your team. Avoiding the Time Stop if it has a limited range is easy enough to do. Several of your team are time stopped as well, making them sitting ducks.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post

Has Maeve shown the ability to affect time? Also, Molly has only had the mantle of lady winter for six months. Would she be able to wield Winter with the same affinity that Maeve had?