Default Marvel Graphic Novels - where to find?

I'm hoping to start buying some of the older Marvel Graphic Novels in their original form (maybe not first printings, but not a 21st century TPB reprint either). I'm hoping to pick some of these up at cons.

But I've been made to understand that these aren't necessarily the same dimensions as a regular comic. If that is the case, they wouldn't be in the long boxes with comics of similar series, right?

Does anyone have experience hunting for Marvel OGNs, and how I might find them at a con?

The ones I'm specifically thinking of are Wolverine: Rahne of Terra and Excalibur: Weird War III. But maybe also something like Dazzler: The Movie or The New Mutants.

I have a few Marvel Graphic Novels as collected in some HC or TPB (like Death of Captain Marvel, God Loves Man Kills, and The Inhumans), and those are normal TPB/HC sized.

Grateful for any advice you may have.

Spectacular Member

I would look after them on Ebay, there I bought the one I wanted.
    Or a Comicshop with Backissues.

Quote Originally Posted by Taral-DLOS View Post
    I'm hoping to start buying some of the older Marvel Graphic Novels in their original form (maybe not first printings, but not a 21st century TPB reprint either). I'm hoping to pick some of these up at cons.

But I've been made to understand that these aren't necessarily the same dimensions as a regular comic. If that is the case, they wouldn't be in the long boxes with comics of similar series, right?

Does anyone have experience hunting for Marvel OGNs, and how I might find them at a con?

The ones I'm specifically thinking of are Wolverine: Rahne of Terra and Excalibur: Weird War III. But maybe also something like Dazzler: The Movie or The New Mutants.

I have a few Marvel Graphic Novels as collected in some HC or TPB (like Death of Captain Marvel, God Loves Man Kills, and The Inhumans), and those are normal TPB/HC sized.

Grateful for any advice you may have.
    They're roughly the same size as a magazine, so if the dealer at the con has magazine size boxes, that is where you will likely find them. You could always ask the dealers at the tables at the cons too, most are willing to talk if you are willing to buy, and they can point out where they might have them if they have them with them at the con.

You could also check with an online dealer like mycomicshop for the ones you are specifically looking for.

-M