So the DCCU Batman, embodied by Ben Affleck, has been active for around twenty years, so he's had this long and storied career before Superman and the Justice League show up that I do hope we learn more about in the solo films. And it just may be possible that that career mirrors the career of his comic-book counterpart. Hell, we already know that at least ONE major event from Batman's comic-book canon has made its way into the DCCU Batman backstory...namely Joker killing Jason Todd (well, we don't know if it is Jason Todd specifically in the DCCU, but the basic point stands).

As a fun exercise here, I'm listing a bunch of stories that I would like to believe in some form could serve as the basis for the DCCU Batman's backstory, partially or completely. In other words, stories and events I would like to imagine Affleck's Batman faced to become the Dark Knight we see in BvS. And I invite others to do the same.

I'm mostly aiming for comic stories, but you can include other media as well if you think it really fits in well with this version of Batman.

Year One
Prey
The Man who Laughs
'Four of a Kind'
Snow
Death in the Family
The Killing Joke

I'm not really sure which version of Robin existed in the past (whether it was Jason or Dick) so I didn't include a particular Robin origin story. I included a fair number of 'early Batman' stories (the first five on my list) because Batman being an urban myth in the present works better if these stories, in which he was a relatively public presence, occurred early in his career (and eventually, his legend faded to myth). 'Death in the Family' is pretty much confirmed for inclusion, and I've included The Killing Joke as well because apparently Gordon is dead in the DCCU so its possible this might be the reason why (Jena Malone is rumored to be playing Barbara, so depending on how Babs is portrayed, we'll know more about the status of that story). There are miscellanous single-issue stories which I think fit in with this version of Batman, but these are the major ones I can think off, off the top of my head.