Go Phillies

Default Just picked up The Amazing Spider-Man Original Clone Saga

Is it good? I understand there's a '90s (?) version that people generally don't like, but that doesn't pertain to the one I got, does it?

This one was pretty good. It includes the conclusion of Gerry Conway's run, and a follow-up story.

Both have popped up on at least one list of the best Spider-Man stories.

http://spideykicksbutt.com/Top10s/to...eystories.html
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

It seems to be fairly well-regarded. I have friends who really like it.

Here's a pretty in-depth review of the main story: https://youtu.be/LVgbbdgRvDs
    “Marvel Fan Rave Podcast” on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and more.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omar 382 View Post
    Is it good? I understand there's a '90s (?) version that people generally don't like, but that doesn't pertain to the one I got, does it?
    It actually does, since the 90s Clone Saga is essentially a sequel to the Original Clone Saga, taking off with the idea that the supposedly dead Spider-Clone had actually survived and tried to make a life for himself, only to be pulled back into Peter's life through all sorts of circumstances and at a point where Peter himself was on the verge of complete emotional and psychological collapse. It started off fairly decently, or at least with promise, and then got bogged down in all sorts of excess --- largely because all the execs cared about was that it was making money and so forced the writers to keep extending it past the original intended endpoints --- thus leading to a general lessening of the storytelling and plotting quality and the horrid reputation since acquired.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

The original Clone Saga is a intresting story.
    That had one of the most ambiguos endings for a Spider Man story (Whether Peter was the clone or not by the end of the story),something that was developed in the Clone Saga of the 90s.