Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 56 of 56
  1. #46
    Junior Member DocSpin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    Wow that is absolutely horrible. Not being able to create her own cast is going to completely prevent Spider-Gwen from becoming a top tier character. So unbelievably gross. And they say Marvel's competition with Fox won't effect the comics my ass. Who cares if Fox can use some new characters, its either that or they never exist. Either way you don't get them Marvel, but at least in the first scenario you get better comics.
    LMFAO. As if that possibility even existed. Sorry, trapped on Spider-Gwen Island. Lamest character ever!

  2. #47
    Out Fighting for Peace! AJpyro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,814

    Default

    I don't see why Marvel would make that edict. It's seen how the Sony Spidey movies have been so there is literally nothing to fear. If Sony can't get Peter right then the chances of them taking chances on a Gwen movie is nil.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

    -God I am so tired.

    SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

  3. #48
    Newbie Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The thing is Spider-Gwen is an AU title. There's no reason for Gwen's supporting cast to be entirely composed of the same people as 616 Peter.
    True, but why not have her face villains from Avengers, X-Men, FF, etc if you're looking for divergent. There's literally thousands and thousands of villains to chose from. And since it is AU, the writers are free to put whatever spin on the characters they want.

  4. #49
    Really Feeling It! Kevinroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    8,181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurtzberg View Post
    It debuted as a top three, but shed about a substantial (100,000+) number of units by the next issue (which is the norm) and was outside the top ten by issue #3, issue #5 had to down to 20th or so I believe. I'm sure the the post-Secret Wars relaunch? (is that what they're doing?) will give it a bump, but I don't think it will find it's settling point as a top ten book or that was ever really a realistic goal, with the Batman/JL/Spider-Man/Star Wars/Latest Crossover kind of stuff events eating up those spots.
    Yes. Every book is being relaunched with a new #1 post-Secret Wars. Spider-Gwen among them. I'm sure some people will express annoyance that books that only had a handful of issues like Spider-Gwen, Silk, Squirrel Girl, and Ant-Man are being relaunched with new #1s.

  5. #50
    ♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    the people's republic of san francisco
    Posts
    2,875

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Ugh. I'm really starting to hate Disney.
    Disney is just maximizing all its properties for top profit.

    Blame the herdable sheep that still buy tickets to see these stupid movies.

  6. #51
    Junior Member Kurtzberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Yes. Every book is being relaunched with a new #1 post-Secret Wars. Spider-Gwen among them. I'm sure some people will express annoyance that books that only had a handful of issues like Spider-Gwen, Silk, Squirrel Girl, and Ant-Man are being relaunched with new #1s.
    I knew that pretty much the whole roster was getting relaunched, but I thought there was a small chance something like Spider-Gwen might continue to roll on as it's an AU book.

  7. #52
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    imagine if Luke Cage is just A Fat Mexican Bullfighter who is just luke cage in name only so they can use him as the template for a new character
    .......do want

  8. #53
    Mighty Member L.R Johansson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Scandinavia
    Posts
    1,339

    Default

    Now, I know this has sort-of been disproven, with a new statement from the artist - apparently there was some kind of misunderstanding. And the fact that Dan Slott has created like, a BAJILLION new characters for the Spidey-world, quite recently as well, certainly lends credit to the idea that they CAN as a matter of fact, create new characters.

    But with all this said... would it actually be a bad thing if they can't created all-new characters? Like has been previously mentioned, Marvel has like, THOUSANDS, and I do mean THOUSANDS of unused characters - even supporting ones, that we haven't seen in years and years and years...

    Wouldn't Spider-Gwen be a great place to revisit them, modernized and perhaps with a twist, in this new, great day and age?

  9. #54
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    Disney is just maximizing all its properties for top profit.

    Blame the herdable sheep that still buy tickets to see these stupid movies.
    baa baa baa

  10. #55
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by L.R Johansson View Post
    Now, I know this has sort-of been disproven, with a new statement from the artist - apparently there was some kind of misunderstanding. And the fact that Dan Slott has created like, a BAJILLION new characters for the Spidey-world, quite recently as well, certainly lends credit to the idea that they CAN as a matter of fact, create new characters.

    But with all this said... would it actually be a bad thing if they can't created all-new characters? Like has been previously mentioned, Marvel has like, THOUSANDS, and I do mean THOUSANDS of unused characters - even supporting ones, that we haven't seen in years and years and years...

    Wouldn't Spider-Gwen be a great place to revisit them, modernized and perhaps with a twist, in this new, great day and age?
    You can do both, or either. New characters can come with less expectations and baggage.

    New characters can also help the title create its own identity, rely less on repackaging old storylines with a glossy coat of paint.

  11. #56
    Veteran Member Darth Kal-el's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,572

    Default

    Not sure if the update disproved anything. Marvel could have quickly been covering themselves. My main thought on this subject is there seems to be two camps,Marvel is wrong or FOX and Sony is wrong when the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. Honestly we don't really have any idea what has and is happening behind the scenes as far as negotiations, who is and isn't willing because they don't usually share that information. We tend to think we have a right to know and that we do know the full story when we probably only have learned very little of the truth. Honestly it's not even our business

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •