View Poll Results: Should Charlize Theron play Storm of the X-Men?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

22 24.72%
  • No

52 58.43%
  • She would be better than Halle Berry!

15 16.85%
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Look, I understand perfectly that racism is a real thing present in the entire world, and in media more specifically (and in the Internet of course), I'm not blind; and yes, it should be denounced when it happens. But the problem is that making a fuss out of this and going gaga when clearly there's no motive makes you look silly and leads to a the boy that cried wolf situation, and the next time a real situation exists, people that point it out will be perceived as having less credibility.
    But I'm not crying wolf. I'm not making a fuss out of anything. You made a fuss about people being upset that this thread exist. You don't need a motive to do something inappropriate. I've said nothing bad about op except the thread is pointless and inappropriate. It's a trolling thread which means it should be locked reguardless of content. Also it's hard to tell tone but I assure you I'm not taking this as seriously as you think with the exception of my second reply to you. I wasn't in a good mood then.
    Last edited by Nipower888; 08-04-2015 at 08:03 PM.
    Monica Rambeau is the queen of my heart and life. Bow down to her then give her all your money.

Nostagia leads to stagnation and over glorifying the past. The past sucked, the present sucks, and the future will suck. Take off the rose colored glasses and don't let that jerk nostalgia trick you into thinking life was better than it really was. If 20 years from now I'm of those people that say music, tv, videogames etc. was better back in my day please hit me in the knee caps with a bat.

Spectacular Member just-my-2cents's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arya View Post
    American history isn't really taught so it makes sense that people don't even know about how white folks have been playing black folks since the dawn of the industry. Not just black folks but Asians, pick a group, white folks have played them to stereotypical approach. They did this to make fun of and treat the races they made fun of like garbage. So when people ask why there shouldn't be a white Storm it's because it is a constant reminder of white people treating other races horribly for entertainment and to reinforce white supremacy.

What this thread proves is that there are more than enough comic fans out here that support old school racist ideas that make it extremely uncomfortable for black, Asian.... fans to feel safe and not have to worry about their fandom being challenged just to give white folks entertainment at the expense of everyone else. If that is your position than yeah you are a horrible comic fan and privilege is addictive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nipower888 View Post
    But I'm not crying wolf. I'm not making a fuss out of anything. You made a fuss about people being upset that this thread exist. You don't need a motive to do something inappropriate. I've said nothing bad about op except the thread is pointless and inappropriate. It's a trolling thread which means it should be locked reguardless of content.
    I agree.If this thread was made as a joke, I am not laughing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by just-my-2cents View Post
    I agree.If this thread was made as a joke, I am not laughing.
    Some people laugh at "dead baby" jokes. Some don't.

It's kind of like...life and stuff, y'know?

Charlize is a very skilled actress, she can play any role

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

It wouldn't matter since the movies give Storm shitty lines and screen time anyway.

Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Some people laugh at "dead baby" jokes. Some don't.

It's kind of like...life and stuff, y'know?
    I agree. This thread is as funny as a dead baby.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Penny View Post
    Then I nominate her for the role of Kizzy Kinte in the remake of Roots.
    Last edited by ZNOP; 08-05-2015 at 01:12 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Penny View Post
    But im not sure if she can stand out with a few scripts and short screentime.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by just another user View Post
    I agree. This thread is as funny as a dead baby.
    Exactly!

Moral superiority is like..."What are we fighting for? The right to say...nothing?"

I'm glad you like dead baby jokes too.