View Poll Results: Should Charlize Theron play Storm of the X-Men?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

22 24.72%
  • No

52 58.43%
  • She would be better than Halle Berry!

15 16.85%
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
    Make it plain please... Silver Phoenix's Avatar

Now I'm all for an alternate reality Storm portrayed by Theron. I know she would blow it out of the water.

I think she would work in the movieverse better as a recasted Emma Frost. I would love to see her opposite Famke.
    "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."- Jesus
    John 14:6

BANNED

I don't think it's fair that I am being blamed. If the black people are poorly represented how much more to other races like mine. Asking Marvel is like asking them to give a representative for each race which is not really impossible but impossible to be used all the time.

I wouldn't even be surprised if one day the fantastic four will be presented with one white, one black, one lgbt and one asian. i am asian but i dont feel represented still because asian has different races.

Also im seeing this thread as like happening in an alternate universe (we've had a black Cyclops, black Superman, black WW, etc) so i dont think it will hurt the character who is very popularly known as black. I believe it's unfair to think that it's ok to change the race of white heroes (human torch, nick fury) but not ok to change the race of black heroes.

If you think black people are poorly represented, i as a filipino dont see that, cos we see them almost everywhere, especially in basketball. I see black as second most represented overall.

I think it's also unfair to think that black people with lighter skin are not black nor it is fair to say they they're not black because of having a mixed blood yet they appear to be black.
    Last edited by RLAAMJR.; 08-04-2015 at 03:19 PM.

BANNED

Regarding the above post no one is saying light skinned black people aren't black. That's a straw man argument the above poster is using to avoid having to take responsibility for any offensive views he's been progressing for months. Pay it no mind.

I'm hispanic so I demand hispanic Cyclops. Scott Veranos... Anyways just stop this race this and race that. We're all human....
    Interesting Fact: Cyclops runs the X-Office.

Pretty sure the black wonder woman is a separate character, her twin sister to be precise.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

A lot of AU stuff can be made. DC has 2 black Supes, black WW, latino Supes, black Aqua Woman, Black Flash that is a woman.
    Interesting Fact: Cyclops runs the X-Office.

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroex View Post
    Pretty sure the black wonder woman is a separate character, her twin sister to be precise.
    There's a black WW on earth 23
    Monica Rambeau is the queen of my heart and life. Bow down to her then give her all your money.

Nostagia leads to stagnation and over glorifying the past. The past sucked, the present sucks, and the future will suck. Take off the rose colored glasses and don't let that jerk nostalgia trick you into thinking life was better than it really was. If 20 years from now I'm of those people that say music, tv, videogames etc. was better back in my day please hit me in the knee caps with a bat.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OpticDreams View Post
    I'm hispanic so I demand hispanic Cyclops. Scott Veranos... Anyways just stop this race this and race that. We're all human....
    No my humanity is my blackness and my blackness is my humanity. Me celebrating that doesn't disrespect or undermine my humanity. It's quite the opposite.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    LMAO! I'm not lacking in empathy, you're the one lacking basic common sense. As the OP explains in the post below you, this was a joke thread, and one not directed at black women, or even at Storm fans specifically, that some Storm fans turned into a war about race because, again, you have a tendency of being humorless and self-important. If you weren't, this thread would have been abandoned in the same day it started.

Say nothing is about racism, or we live in a post-racial world, yadda, yadda, yadda, is obviously a lie, but turn everything into a racial matter? There lies madness.

If would have been an interesting twist.

Heck, Ultimate Magneto could have been black either- turn him from a victim of Holocaust to a victim of either colonialism or evil African dictators...or both, just like 616 was of Nazism and Communism. But, nah, they made him into an American professor or something.
    I have common sense we are talking about how the joke of this thread is offensive. If you had basic common sense you would understand that little. Again waste of time. So far you have done nothing but show that your empathy doesn't exist because instead of listening you lecture. Empathy does the opposite of that.
    Last edited by Arya; 08-04-2015 at 04:31 PM.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I think she would make a great Mystique for a solo movie Jennifer could play a younger version she could play a another version the thing is Mystique does not show aging visually character appearance wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Nipower888 View Post
    There's a black WW on earth 23
    That's who I'm talking about. The supes from that reality called her Nubia.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arya View Post
    I have common sense we are talking about how the joke of this thread is offensive. If you had basic common sense you would understand that little. Again waste of time. So far you have done nothing but show that your empathy doesn't exist because instead of listening you lecture. Empathy does the opposite of that.
    So, instead of listening to what I'm saying you're giving me a lecture on how I should stop lecturing and start listening?

I would hope that you could see the irony, but...nah.

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroex View Post
    That's who I'm talking about. The supes from that reality called her Nubia.
    Really I missed that. Now I'm kinda interested in it again
    Monica Rambeau is the queen of my heart and life. Bow down to her then give her all your money.

Nostagia leads to stagnation and over glorifying the past. The past sucked, the present sucks, and the future will suck. Take off the rose colored glasses and don't let that jerk nostalgia trick you into thinking life was better than it really was. If 20 years from now I'm of those people that say music, tv, videogames etc. was better back in my day please hit me in the knee caps with a bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    So, instead of listening to what I'm saying you're giving me a lecture on how I should stop lecturing and start listening?

I would hope that you could see the irony, but...nah.
    Honestly I wanna speak for myself and no other storm fan because I feel like storm fans are hated for bad apples and bad apples shouldn't spoil the bunch. It's so hard being a black girl. Like I don't know what race or sex you are so I'm not gonna assume. I understand what the op said was a joke. Maybe I'm just an over sensitive person but the thread didn't sit well with me. It hurt. It felt unnecessary and added to the chaos that was rlamms stupidity.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nipower888 View Post
    Honestly I wanna speak for myself and no other storm fan because I feel like storm fans are hated for bad apples and bad apples shouldn't spoil the bunch. It's so hard being a black girl. Like I don't know what race or sex you are so I'm not gonna assume. I understand what the op said was a joke. Maybe I'm just an over sensitive person but the thread didn't sit well with me. It hurt. It felt unnecessary and added to the chaos that was rlamms stupidity.
    Look, I understand perfectly that racism is a real thing present in the entire world, and in media more specifically (and in the Internet of course), I'm not blind; and yes, it should be denounced when it happens. But the problem is that making a fuss out of this and going gaga when clearly there's no motive makes you look silly and leads to a the boy that cried wolf situation, and the next time a real situation exists, people that point it out will be perceived as having less credibility.