View Poll Results: Should Charlize Theron play Storm of the X-Men?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

22 24.72%
  • No

52 58.43%
  • She would be better than Halle Berry!

15 16.85%
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

This thread continues to be hilarious. And the reason it works so well is that Storm fans (with some exceptions) are ridiculously humorless.

I hope this thread never closes, ever. It's too much entertainment.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Charlize is a phenomenal actress and I would watch her no matter what role they gave her in a Marvel-based film. Congratulations to Ms. Theron on the adoption of her second child of African descent.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    Hmm... A black man engulfed in flames amidst a small group of whites? Now, where have I seen that image before?
    That subliminal message will be lost on quite a few people.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    I'm aware the op is trolling. Doesn't make it any less racist.
    White people and privilege are a thing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OpticDreams View Post
    How is the topic racist? Whether Op is trolling matters little. The question is simple, if we can have a black Human Torch, then we can have a White Storm. I don't see the issue.
    True.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    Black women are already poorly represented in Hollywood, so changing the race of one of the few black women in comics to white is offensive.
    Well i believe that if they make Storm white, they will make another ome black. I wont mind seeing a white Storm and a black Cyclops or black Jean Grey at the same time.

Atm DC has that I know of has two black Supermans, a Latino Superman, and of course multiple white Supermans. No biggie. Seriously.
    Interesting Fact: Cyclops runs the X-Office.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    That subliminal message will be lost on quite a few people.
    You might be on to something there...

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

So then changing the Human Torch to a black man should be offensive to white people?
    You should be more offended by Chris Evans or Brian Austin green. Johnny has been white in all forms for over fifty years and will be back to white in movies once Jordan hangs it up. Enjoy having a capable actor comfortably in the seat, with good writing and directing for once.

Remember writing and directing? These two things screwed Halle. OP has done a masterful job of trolling here, but paired with a good crew charlize would at least be less embarrassing than most other choices.

BANNED

Atm DC has that I know of has two black Supermans, a Latino Superman, and of course multiple white Supermans. No biggie. Seriously.
    Didnt we also get a black Wonder Woman?

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Well i believe that if they make Storm white, they will make another ome black. I wont mind seeing a white Storm and a black Cyclops or black Jean Grey at the same time.
    Better yet, make Cyke a woman and leave Jean and Wolverine as they are. Let's shake up the love triangle to something interesting this time.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Also black Aqua Woman.
    Interesting Fact: Cyclops runs the X-Office.

I don't see what any of this means to storm staying black. Like black women only have 4 major characters in the big two and only one storm is actually big. Can we please have our cake. You people have a monstrous room size cake while we just have a cupcake. Can we get a piece of yours or eat ours without you guys crying like spoiled children
    Monica Rambeau is the queen of my heart and life. Bow down to her then give her all your money.

Nostagia leads to stagnation and over glorifying the past. The past sucked, the present sucks, and the future will suck. Take off the rose colored glasses and don't let that jerk nostalgia trick you into thinking life was better than it really was. If 20 years from now I'm of those people that say music, tv, videogames etc. was better back in my day please hit me in the knee caps with a bat.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nipower888 View Post
    I don't see what any of this means to storm staying black. Like black women only have 4 major characters in the big two and only one storm is actually big. Can we please have our cake. You people have a monstrous room size cake while we just have a cupcake. Can we get a piece of yours or eat ours without you guys crying like spoiled children
    We know the answer to that and it's nope even though they are just trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Nipower888 View Post
    There aren't many white heroes whose race I consider important to who they are (Steve Rogers is the only one that comes to mind, the combo of looking like the Aryan ideal while being the Nazi's most implacable enemy is to me part of what makes it good), even my favorites can be switched up as long as the acting and parts are good - I care more about that than who is playing them.
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

As a matter of fact, yes...

1. Wonder Woman (Vol 1) #204 (February, 1973)
    2. Wonder Woman Annual (vol. 2) #8 (September, 1999)
    3. Nubia of Themyscira (Final Crisis) #7 (March, 2009)

Last edited by ZNOP; 08-01-2015 at 07:46 PM.