Page 87 of 114 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1705

Always found it kind of cool that the two "good" Bond girls in YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE (Akiko Wakabashyi and Mie Hama) did a fair amount of Kaiju films, including starring together in the original Kong vs Godzilla.

Also watched the first two LUM/URESEI YATSURA films which have a ton of Godzilla visual easter eggs. I think it's in part because Toho was involved.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

^ You Only Live Twice was a coproduction with Toho. Back then Japanese movie studios had actors under contract (like Hollywood pre-'50s), so it's no surprise their contract stars would pop up in James Bond and Godzilla!

After their success with their Gamera blu-ray set Arrow Video is (apparently) readying releases of the Daimajin and Yokai films, which were the other tokusatsu series Daiei produced in the '60s in addition to Gamera. Don't miss these! The first Daimajin film and the second Yokai film (Spook Warfare) are two of my all-time favorites!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    After their success with their Gamera blu-ray set Arrow Video is (apparently) readying releases of the Daimajin and Yokai films, which were the other tokusatsu series Daiei produced in the '60s in addition to Gamera. Don't miss these! The first Daimajin film and the second Yokai film (Spook Warfare) are two of my all-time favorites!
    The Daimajin movies were actually pretty good, from what I remember

Astonishing Member

seems they are negotiating with GvK director for next monsterverse film, probably a Kong Hollow earth flick. I am cool with that but the next movie I want is for the King of the Monsters director to direct the next Godzilla flick. As a Godzilla fan it gave me the most joy of all of the monsterverse films.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    seems they are negotiating with GvK director for next monsterverse film, probably a Kong Hollow earth flick. I am cool with that but the next movie I want is for the King of the Monsters director to direct the next Godzilla flick. As a Godzilla fan it gave me the most joy of all of the monsterverse films.
    Monsterverse Gigan, Megalon, Jet Jaguar and Angilas!

Collided reported it as 2 movies ... Son of Kong and Godzilla vs. A non-Toho monster, apparently they are talking to spoilers:
    del Toro about using the Precursors for a potential Godzilla Kong Mecha G vs. their champion kaiju. I guess they have the Mecha Godzilla license for 1-2 more movies.
    end of spoilers
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Collided reported it as 2 movies ... Son of Kong and Godzilla vs. A non-Toho monster, apparently they are talking to spoilers:
    del Toro about using the Precursors for a potential Godzilla Kong Mecha G vs. their champion kaiju. I guess they have the Mecha Godzilla license for 1-2 more movies.
    end of spoilers
    Non-toho Monster? Um, ok

Astonishing Member

Will Toho re-up with Legendary for more Godzilla flicks? I hope so, and if so is there a chance they would ever let KOTM director Michael Dougherty direct it? I truly believe it is better than it got credit for and would love to see him be lead on the franchise going forward (hopefully).

Ultimate Member

Will Toho re-up with Legendary for more Godzilla flicks? I hope so, and if so is there a chance they would ever let KOTM director Michael Dougherty direct it? I truly believe it is better than it got credit for and would love to see him be lead on the franchise going forward (hopefully).
    I like KoM a lot. The human characters aside from Serizawa and the little girl (I can't remember her name) weren't great, and I didn't see why the human villains were needed. Plus, some of the fights were too dimly lit. But the fights we saw were pretty good. I liked seeing meltdown Godzilla return, and King Ghidorah having different personalities in each head was a nice touch.

I do wish Mothra didn't die for the 100th time, and Rodan actually fought on Godzilla's side

The rumor is they have Godzilla and a one Toho monster for 1 more film prior to the reworking.

No confirmation to date.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    The rumor is they have Godzilla and a one Toho monster for 1 more film prior to the reworking.

No confirmation to date.
    I vote for Mecha-Gidorah, however they might need to save that for the Endgame movie (with Kong after the rework) and they will build to it. I would like a sort of vs Megalon movie but that would require Megalon and Gigan and Jet Jaguar (probably updated to look very Pacific Rim-ish or Anime/Gundam-ish) then again I guess Legendary could create their own Gundam-ish mecha and avoid the Jet license.

Ultimate Member

I vote for Mecha-Gidorah, however they might need to save that for the Endgame movie (with Kong after the rework) and they will build to it. I would like a sort of vs Megalon movie but that would require Megalon and Gigan and Jet Jaguar (probably updated to look very Pacific Rim-ish or Anime/Gundam-ish) then again I guess Legendary could create their own Gundam-ish mecha and avoid the Jet license.
    If Jet Jaguar appears, they should keep his size-changing power!

Well, the one additional Toho they had was in my spoiler tag but no word on if GvK counted against that or not.

At least there is now a better shot at getting another Legendary movie than before!

We're getting some official English language Godzilla books this fall! Godzilla: The Complete Illustrated Guide (a general franchise overview from a publisher that's put out a few pop culture coffee table books), The Godzilla Art of Kaida Yuji (a collection of various paintings the famed artist has done for various merchandise and promotions over the past four decades, released by Titan Books) and Godzilla Mad Libs (that one's self explanatory) are all coming out in October and November.