Page 56 of 114 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Neko View Post
    I didn't like Godzuki
    That's okay. No one liked Godzuki.

Godzilla liked Godzuki
    The J-man

Reviews are out. Most people say the film is really amazing and fun. A lot of reviews acknowledge how bad and disappointing Godzilla 2014 was and this film is the complete opposite tons of kaiju fights and appearances.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Reviews are out. Most people say the film is really amazing and fun. A lot of reviews acknowledge how bad and disappointing Godzilla 2014 was and this film is the complete opposite tons of kaiju fights and appearances.
    Hate that people are still hating on the 2014 film, but love what I am hearing about this movie!

I mean the 2014 film did have less than 10 minutes of Godzilla in it
    The J-man

I didn't think there was enough Godzilla in the 2014 film but I totally understood the reboot or going back to the roots sort of thing. I'm just glad it didn't tank the new film. I'm glad people are enjoying it, I am looking forward to seeing this film.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

I'm really looking forward to seeing this film.

Astonishing Member

Some early reviews without spoilers, say it is awesome.

does the film realistically deal with the devastation caused in the first movie?

Does the Brody character return at all? Where does his family end up?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    does the film realistically deal with the devastation caused in the first movie?

Does the Brody character return at all? Where does his family end up?
    They can touch on it but the movie really doesn't need to devote more than 20 minutes to that. We;re here for the giant monsters.

Do you really care? He was litterallyt he worst part of the 2014 film.
    The J-man

come on people go see this movie
    The J-man

People were mad that Godzilla was barely in the movie. That's why Skull Island threw Kong at us right out the gate

Plan to see it Memorial day weekend. Godzilla is always great- he's the draw but c'mon, this is about seeing the realest King Ghidorah they've ever put on screen imo. One of the newest clips seems to the have the heads communicating with each other.

Had to kill some time at the Wal-Marts on Saturday and the cheap ass Gidorah toy looks like crap. The Godzilla looks dope but the King looks like a giant version of a Happy Meal toy. Not cool.
    Last edited by Surf; 05-14-2019 at 08:27 AM.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

come on people go see this movie
    I'm going to see this. Not opening weekend, I never catch opening weekend because I hate full theaters, but within two weeks of opening I will be there.

God(zilla) I hope this movie does well and doesn't flop. It looks so damn good! Like everything I could ever hope for a big Hollywood Godzilla movie seems to be in this film. And I don't want them to have to scale back on the effects for GvK. I want these movies to do so well that they continue the Monsterverse after GvK. I mean nothing looks bad here. I'd hate for them to do everything right, put forth one of the best Godzilla movies ever, and have that fail. Hate to think about what that would mean for the possibilities of any future giant monster movies outside Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I'm going to see this. Not opening weekend, I never catch opening weekend because I hate full theaters, but within two weeks of opening I will be there.

God(zilla) I hope this movie does well and doesn't flop. It looks so damn good! Like everything I could ever hope for a big Hollywood Godzilla movie seems to be in this film. And I don't want them to have to scale back on the effects for GvK. I want these movies to do so well that they continue the Monsterverse after GvK. I mean nothing looks bad here. I'd hate for them to do everything right, put forth one of the best Godzilla movies ever, and have that fail. Hate to think about what that would mean for the possibilities of any future giant monster movies outside Japan.
    I have good feelings for this movie.

TOHO has already made their money from renting the IP, so they're good. Now, Legendary is really under the gun here to deliver the goods. If GKOM & GvK are the hits we're all expecting then a new deal is increasingly likely.

They got 17+ kaiju confirmed for this movie, it's look like a zoo in a hurricane.