Page 61 of 114 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Maybe this Kong has immunity to atomic breath making the fight much closer with a battle of strength which im assuming Kong is stronger.
    I think it will be harder to explain why a giant ape can be immune to the blue ray of death than simply buffing Kong with whatever weird Titan DNA tech they can come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I think it will be harder to explain why a giant ape can be immune to the blue ray of death than simply buffing Kong with whatever weird Titan DNA tech they can come up with.
    I remember the original movie they somehow tried to explain King Kong being able to wield lighting and electricity in order to somewhat even the odds. Hopefully they won't go over the top with this movie.

You can justify Kong dodging and blocking up to a point. But inevitably it will come down the atomic breath I think.

Astonishing Member

It will be an hour and twenty five minutes of some characters yapping about their personal lives. 15 minutes of Kong walking about, 12 minutes of Godzilla walking about. 3 minutes of Krispy Kong.

Or maybe, Kong grabs Godzilla by the tail and swings him toward the ground a few times like the Hulk did to Loki in the Avengers movie. LOL.

I just hope for a good film.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

I enjoyed the movie. It was bigger and better than 2014's film. Far from perfect but I wasn't expecting an Oscar nominee anyway. It was good to see Tywin Lannister on the big screen. And I thoroughly enjoyed seeing big budget Rodan & Ghidorah.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Kong is probaly alot Smarter so depending on how they frame the fight Kong probaly doesnt just run at Godzilla head on.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Kong is probaly alot Smarter so depending on how they frame the fight Kong probaly doesnt just run at Godzilla head on.
    I think Kong will be smarter... but that said despite being a big lizard Godzilla is actually potrayed as surprisingly intelligent. I wouldn't hire him to do my taxes or anything like that, but their intelligence I think will be closer than one might think.

The movie was more or less what I wanted. Probably came in a little overhyped, but can't call it a let down like the 2014 Godzilla, which only gave me 15 to 20 minutes of goodness.

spoilers my thoughts and questions about KOTM

spoilers:

Godzilla is a much better fighter in this film than the first one. Godzilla won in the first film because the female MUTO got distracted and left the fight, otherwise, he was getting wrecked when they tag teamed him.

I think Godzilla would legitimately have beaten Ghidorah in their first two encounters if the fight continued. Granted Ghidora just woke up but he seemed fresh. When Godzilla tackled him in the water in their second encounter it was over. Over! Godzilla was beasting. Did not expect him to tear off a head. Then the oxygen destroyer happened. Was super surprised when the head grew back, but I didn't mind it. Really drove home the fact that these monsters had been here and were seen as Gods or monsters in past civilizations. In this case the hydra.

This is probably the coolest looking version of Rodan ever. You actually get a sense of his power as he flies over that city. Roda was a surprisingly good fighter, and I like how they made the monsters pretty intelligent they weren't just mindlessly rampaging. The way Rodan took down those fighter jets was impressive. He was pretty graceful in the sky. Also, Rodan is such a follower, after tangling with Ghidorah once he submitted. Then at the end, he submitted to Godzilla without hesitation. Also, I was surprised to see him alive at the end. I thought Mothra killed him with that stab

Mothra was great in this film. Liked the Easter Egg to the original Mothra guardians. She grew up really fast, was very sad when she died. I do think it was lost on some people how her essence or atomic energy went into Godzilla supercharging him.

I was cool with Burning Godzilla in this, but I would have preferred if they just gave him an OP energy blast and not a 360 type attack.

Wish we got a little more Mothra. I hope she comes back she was awesome. I don't know how she had time to lay that egg assuming the egg in the credits they are talking about is another Mothra.
    end of spoilers

I can't wait for Godzilla vs Kong, they've really set things up nicely. In this monsterverse Kong was one of the better designers and is one of the more cinematically pleasing fighters. He's just a pure melee fighter it's beautiful and amazing. Kong will either be up to Godzillas chest or neck as he should be full grown now. I'm guessing they'll have about the same physical strength. Godzilla will be tankier and Kong will be faster and might have a slight edge in a mele because of his superior proportional strength. Just remembering how powerful Kong's arms were and how high he could jump gets me excited for this fight.

Obviously, Godzilla has the advantage with his Atomic Breath. Kong will probably find out about it during their first encounter and will be wary about it going forward. Plus Godzilla's breath has a tell and a build up, so someone as smart as Kong can use that to his advantage. I'm assuming they fight a few times in the movie otherwise it will be a letdown.

The writer for the film already says Kong will be the underdog. Think like Rocky or Creed vs Drago.

Cool interview with eh director of KOTM:

https://www.denofgeek.com/us/movies/...-king-ghidorah

He name drops Biollante. Is that a hint?
    The J-man

Extraordinary Member

Legendary Godzilla doesn't always have to have that "tail charge" before Atomic breath, like how he straight out firing the breath at female MUTO's mouth.
    I guess it only takes on charge to fire multiple shots.

Toho's new version of King Ghidorah, apparently created for this Godzilla vs. Evangelion theme park attraction at Universal Studios Japan!

If you go to the park, you may be able to snag the Bandai figure for this new design, as well!

no he always has the tail charge if you go review the scene before he fires it into the female Muto's mouth you here the motors mouth and you can see his tail being lit, but because Godzilla comes into the game late and we largely see his front from hat quick shot its hard to tell before he blasts her.

But in both films so far he always has a noticeable spike charge. Heck, he can even flare his spikes without firing. Now the timing of charges may differ which could correlate with the strength of his blasts, but that's just my theory.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    The movie was more or less what I wanted. Probably came in a little overhyped, but can't call it a let down like the 2014 Godzilla, which only gave me 15 to 20 minutes of goodness.

spoilers my thoughts and questions about KOTM

spoilers:

Godzilla is a much better fighter in this film than the first one. Godzilla won in the first film because the female MUTO got distracted and left the fight, otherwise, he was getting wrecked when they tag teamed him.

I think Godzilla would legitimately have beaten Ghidorah in their first two encounters if the fight continued. Granted Ghidora just woke up but he seemed fresh. When Godzilla tackled him in the water in their second encounter it was over. Over! Godzilla was beasting. Did not expect him to tear off a head. Then the oxygen destroyer happened. Was super surprised when the head grew back, but I didn't mind it. Really drove home the fact that these monsters had been here and were seen as Gods or monsters in past civilizations. In this case the hydra.

This is probably the coolest looking version of Rodan ever. You actually get a sense of his power as he flies over that city. Roda was a surprisingly good fighter, and I like how they made the monsters pretty intelligent they weren't just mindlessly rampaging. The way Rodan took down those fighter jets was impressive. He was pretty graceful in the sky. Also, Rodan is such a follower, after tangling with Ghidorah once he submitted. Then at the end, he submitted to Godzilla without hesitation. Also, I was surprised to see him alive at the end. I thought Mothra killed him with that stab

Mothra was great in this film. Liked the Easter Egg to the original Mothra guardians. She grew up really fast, was very sad when she died. I do think it was lost on some people how her essence or atomic energy went into Godzilla supercharging him.

I was cool with Burning Godzilla in this, but I would have preferred if they just gave him an OP energy blast and not a 360 type attack.

Wish we got a little more Mothra. I hope she comes back she was awesome. I don't know how she had time to lay that egg assuming the egg in the credits they are talking about is another Mothra.
    end of spoilers

I can't wait for Godzilla vs Kong, they've really set things up nicely. In this monsterverse Kong was one of the better designers and is one of the more cinematically pleasing fighters. He's just a pure melee fighter it's beautiful and amazing. Kong will either be up to Godzillas chest or neck as he should be full grown now. I'm guessing they'll have about the same physical strength. Godzilla will be tankier and Kong will be faster and might have a slight edge in a mele because of his superior proportional strength. Just remembering how powerful Kong's arms were and how high he could jump gets me excited for this fight.

Obviously, Godzilla has the advantage with his Atomic Breath. Kong will probably find out about it during their first encounter and will be wary about it going forward. Plus Godzilla's breath has a tell and a build up, so someone as smart as Kong can use that to his advantage. I'm assuming they fight a few times in the movie otherwise it will be a letdown.

The writer for the film already says Kong will be the underdog. Think like Rocky or Creed vs Drago.

Cool interview with eh director of KOTM:

https://www.denofgeek.com/us/movies/...-king-ghidorah

He name drops Biollante. Is that a hint?
    I think they almost HAVE to fight multiple times, just to give both a W under their belts. Godzilla will probably win round 1 with atomic breath, and Kong will win round 2 by learning from the first encounter and being able to adapt better.

If they have more than 2 fights, then they either have a draw at the very end or Godzilla wins the first two, and Kong wins the third.

It's sort of cheesy and safe, but it's a way to protect both properties.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think they almost HAVE to fight multiple times, just to give both a W under their belts. Godzilla will probably win round 1 with atomic breath, and Kong will win round 2 by learning from the first encounter and being able to adapt better.

If they have more than 2 fights, then they either have a draw at the very end or Godzilla wins the first two, and Kong wins the third.

It's sort of cheesy and safe, but it's a way to protect both properties.
    I'm not expecting to see innovating storytelling I just want incredible monster fight scenes. Have them go for a few minutes and be super memorable. Also, I want to see Kong and Godzilla fight other Titans since we know there are well over a dozen.

I really like how Legendary has built this world. Hollow Earth Theory, mysteries about Skull Island and I think its interesting how spoilers:
    other Titan behavior can be impacted by a Titan from another species if they recognize it as an alpha. Is that Muto not going to try and Mate anymore?
    end of spoilers

Also Legendary can jus tchange whatever they want because humans know so litle about the Titans, they can just introduce new concepts or change existing ones and its not universe breaking
    Last edited by Jabare; 06-02-2019 at 08:53 AM.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I'm not expecting to see innovating storytelling I just want incredible monster fight scenes. Have them go for a few minutes and be super memorable. Also, I want to see Kong and Godzilla fight other Titans since we know there are well over a dozen.

I really like how Legendary has built this world. Hollow Earth Theory, mysteries about Skull Island and I think its interesting how spoilers:
    other Titan behavior can be impacted by a Titan from another species if they recognize it as an alpha. Is that Muto not going to try and Mate anymore?
    end of spoilers

Also Legendary can jus tchange whatever they want because humans know so litle about the Titans, they can just introduce new concepts or change existing ones and its not universe breaking
    spoilers:
    You actually bring up an interesting point about there being an ALPHA. Does that mean Godzilla sort of has to win? He's sort of known as the king of all monsters... though obviously Kong has the word KING right in his name. I suppose that's an additional stake in the whole thing... whoever wins the fight should be considered the alpha for the monster community.
    end of spoilers

cool history lesson

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    spoilers:
    You actually bring up an interesting point about there being an ALPHA. Does that mean Godzilla sort of has to win? He's sort of known as the king of all monsters... though obviously Kong has the word KING right in his name. I suppose that's an additional stake in the whole thing... whoever wins the fight should be considered the alpha for the monster community.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I think you had it right the first time. There will be no conclusive winner meaning neither one will die, at best one of them wins the final encounter but can't deliver a deathblow because another monster appears or humans or a volcano/landslide gets in the way.

Kong and Godzilla kind of serve the same purpose. Godzilla lives in the ocean and regulates emerging Titans popping up wherever. Kong is the King/God of Skull Island the clear alpha there and he keeps everything peaceful. The local humans and other wildlife live in relative harmony. Every now and then an invasive species (skull crawler) pops up only to get beaten down.

Godzilla and Kong both embody Monarch's vision. Benevolent alphas that allow their ecosystem to flourish, everything living in harmony. Godzilla has claimed the earth as his territory and Kong is content being in Skull Island, which seemingly is becoming Monster Island.

You wouldn't think Godzilla sees Kong as a threat. He knows he's there and seemingly hasn't gone after him. He either respects Kong or doesn't view him as a threat. I believe either humans will bring them together or Godzilla comes into Kong's territory chasing another Titan.

Also there was a cave paitning at the end of KOTM. Does this mean they've fought before? Their ancestors fought? I don't know. Can't wait to see the film.

When Kong and Godzilla clash he probably upsett the new balance Godzilla just established. All the current Titans bowed to him acknowledging him as the alpha. Kong isn't going to bow down. Skull Island's his home, he'll fight to the death if challenged. It will be interesting to see if they fight on Skull Island or if Kong actually leaves the island for some reason.

I know everyone thinks Mecha King Ghidora will eb the villain, but I think it could still be Biolante or the pollution monster if not some new monster all together from human experimentation.
    end of spoilers
    The J-man