Page 86 of 114 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1705

Singular Point looks great. Godzilla's a nightmare, but the human cast seems like a collection of lovable goofs - like the cast of a '60s Godzilla movie!

Ultimate Member

I'm a bit worried about the cast being too "goofy"

^ Think about the characters in movies like Astro-Monster, Ebirah, or Son of Godzilla.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    ^ Think about the characters in movies like Astro-Monster, Ebirah, or Son of Godzilla.
    Haha, of those I only like Monster0

Hell, it wasn't just the characters from the 60s/70s. Try telling me the cast of Godzilla 2000 wasn't lovable goofballs.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Hell, it wasn't just the characters from the 60s/70s. Try telling me the cast of Godzilla 2000 wasn't lovable goofballs.
    Godzilla 2000 often feels kinda lost between thr Heisei and Millennium movies, at least to me. But I thought the whole Godzilla hunter group was an interesting idea

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Godzilla 2000 often feels kinda lost between thr Heisei and Millennium movies, at least to me. But I thought the whole Godzilla hunter group was an interesting idea
    Is it? It's one of my absolute favorites honestly. It's kind of dumb, but in the best way. A perfect guilty pleasure film.

Haha, of those I only like Monster0
    Totally disagree! The 60s is my favorite era of Godzilla movies largely because the human characters are often just as fun as the monster stuff.

Dig the human characters in G2000, as well. Honestly, the humans in the Millenium series movies are a pretty big step up (and direct reaction to, according to some interviews I've read over the years) from the increasingly superfluous humans in the Heisei movies.

Ultimate Member

Totally disagree! The 60s is my favorite era of Godzilla movies largely because the human characters are often just as fun as the monster stuff.

Dig the human characters in G2000, as well. Honestly, the humans in the Millenium series movies are a pretty big step up (and direct reaction to, according to some interviews I've read over the years) from the increasingly superfluous humans in the Heisei movies.
    Ok. I don't really care for any Godzilla movies between 66 and 73, although some of the non-Godzilla movies then were good.

But I agree on the Heisei humans being mostly pretty lame, despite attempts at continuity. Most Heisei humans were interchangeable

Well, for the Heisei series, I liked the psychic but mostly because she was super cute so...
    The guy who wanted to kill Godzilla in Spacegodzilla, and the pterodactyl fan guy in Mechagodzilla were memorable. But that's it.

Millennium kind of had too many army/JSDF/kaiju-fighting-JSDF-ripoff characters for my liking. G2000 had the best cast though, and GMK was runner up.

Ultimate Member

It would've helped the Heisei movies if they kept a few more recurring characters, instead of just cycling different but basically interchangeable ones throughout each movie. And Miki was only useful in about half of those movies

It would've helped the Heisei movies if they kept a few more recurring characters, instead of just cycling different but basically interchangeable ones throughout each movie. And Miki was only useful in about half of those movies
    Well, the Showa films didn't have any recurring characters either. Nor did the Millennium series. So Heisei's not exactly the odd man out.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Well, the Showa films didn't have any recurring characters either. Nor did the Millennium series. So Heisei's not exactly the odd man out.
    True. Showa recycled a lot of actors. And the Show continuity was shaky.

I like the art direction of singular Point. Glad their using a hybrid 2D and 3D style. Using hybrid 2D and 3D work well for SSSS Gridman.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    I like the art direction of singular Point. Glad their using a hybrid 2D and 3D style. Using hybrid 2D and 3D work well for SSSS Gridman.
    i'm still a bit worried some of the daikaiju will be too small. Which is weird for me because I usually worry about the opposite