Page 76 of 114 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1705
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    to be honest , must be terrrifying to be at ground zero at a japanese village when godzilla attacks...
    The 90's Gamera movies were good at showing that. Starts around 4:00.

Sounds perfect.

I ordered MegaBeast Investigator Juspion yesterday off Amazon. Free shipping so should be here sometime next week probably. Anyone watch this already? What am I in for?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I ordered MegaBeast Investigator Juspion yesterday off Amazon. Free shipping so should be here sometime next week probably. Anyone watch this already? What am I in for?
    I have it but only watched some of it. I experienced a bit of tokusatsu overload early in the quarantine and had to quit for a while (I have to learn to pace myself). What you should expect is an '80s superhero tokusatsu with a lot of what that entails. The tone is kind of middle of the road. Not too serious and not too silly as far as kids' toku is concerned. It's about the same as most Super Sentai series in that way. The show itself is about a somewhat corny but effective hero who is prophecied by the Space Bible (yes, you read that right) fighting against Satan Gorth (himself a kaiju-sized villain) and his Megabeasts with the help of an android girl and an alien creature he picked up on his travels. At first it seems like it's going to be really different from most hero toku because they spend the first few episodes travelling to alien planets and helping out in those places. So, you kind of get the vibe of it being a toku version of Star Trek or Doctor Who. But then a few episodes in it just goes to Earth and settles there. Which isn't bad, just less remarkable than them traveling from planet to planet. So, basically a decent Japanese superhero kids show.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    I have it but only watched some of it. I experienced a bit of tokusatsu overload early in the quarantine and had to quit for a while (I have to learn to pace myself). What you should expect is an '80s superhero tokusatsu with a lot of what that entails. The tone is kind of middle of the road. Not too serious and not too silly as far as kids' toku is concerned. It's about the same as most Super Sentai series in that way. The show itself is about a somewhat corny but effective hero who is prophecied by the Space Bible (yes, you read that right) fighting against Satan Gorth (himself a kaiju-sized villain) and his Megabeasts with the help of an android girl and an alien creature he picked up on his travels. At first it seems like it's going to be really different from most hero toku because they spend the first few episodes travelling to alien planets and helping out in those places. So, you kind of get the vibe of it being a toku version of Star Trek or Doctor Who. But then a few episodes in it just goes to Earth and settles there. Which isn't bad, just less remarkable than them traveling from planet to planet. So, basically a decent Japanese superhero kids show.
    Cool. Haven't watched any 80s toku yet, so should be neat. Shame they didn't stick with the space travel format, but sounds like it'll be fun. Might try and watch one of the older Ultraman shows I got first (Ultraseven I think) before it gets here.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SugoiLITE...379113474?s=19

Allegedly we might be getting a new Godzilla anime movie, different from the trilogy. Unconfirmed for now though.

More news - apparently it's real, and not a movie but a series on Netflix.

So I'm feeling fairly hyped.

That and we got confirmation of Mecha G in the new Legendary film with a new logo.

Sound like he is Kiru gone evil.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Hell yeah!

Didn't care for their first try two years ago, but always thought the idea of a Godzilla anime was solid and hoped Toho would try again. Love the design of the human cast. Looks like a fun and eclectic bunch. Dig the little we've seen of the new Godzilla. Seems to retain the barrel-chested, bear-like look of the Legendary Pictures and previous anime, but with a whole lot of funky new details!

More news, going to combine 2D and 3D.
    I'm guessing that the humans and backgrounds are 2D and the monsters 3D.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    That and we got confirmation of Mecha G in the new Legendary film with a new logo.

Sound like he is Kiru gone evil.
    When and where was this? Got a link please?

Extraordinary Member

If you ever wanted to know what it's like to get eaten by Godzilla, Japan's got you covered.

Some more Godzilla: Singular Point stuff will be revealed at Toho's Godzilla Festival Online on Nov 3rd.

Just reminder: 2021 is shaping up to be a big year for kaiju!

- Godzilla vs. Kong from Warner/Legendary
    - Shin Ultraman from Toho/Tsuburaya
    - plus a new Yokai movie from Takashi Miike. Part of a long running series from Kadokawa/Daiei (the Gamera/Daimajin studio) Miike promises kaiju sized yokai! I'm hoping for a Daimajin cameo, as Miike was set to make a Daimajin movie around '07 but it was canceled after Gamera the Brave bombed.

On the TV front...
    - Godzilla: Singular Point will be on Japanese TV then Netflix worldwide soon after.
    - Whatever Ultraman stuff Tsuburaya has planned, live action and animation. Also, here in the US the blu-ray releases of classic Ultra shows will continue.

Btw - if you haven't been following Ultraman Z you've been missing out! It's unequivocally the best of the current Ultra shows, and a tremendous showcase for traditional, practical Tokusatsu effects supplemented (but not replaced) by digital trickery.

When and where was this? Got a link please?
    Toyline pictures and everyone is reporting it as such.
    https://boundingintocomics.com/2020/...-and-who-wins/
    https://screenrant.com/godzilla-kong...-fight-reason/

There are rumors Mecha G kills all the Titans, too, causing Kong and Godzilla to team up after Godzlla beats Kong and Kong watches Mecha almost kill Godzilla.

Fun times!

The evil Kiru stuff comes from the back of the toy saying MechaGodzilla gets a mind of his own.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Toyline pictures and everyone is reporting it as such.
    https://boundingintocomics.com/2020/...-and-who-wins/
    https://screenrant.com/godzilla-kong...-fight-reason/

There are rumors Mecha G kills all the Titans, too, causing Kong and Godzilla to team up after Godzlla beats Kong and Kong watches Mecha almost kill Godzilla.

Fun times!

The evil Kiru stuff comes from the back of the toy saying MechaGodzilla gets a mind of his own.
    Thanks, sounds interesting.