Page 104 of 114 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 1705

I loved G'14, didn't care for GKOTM, and enjoyed the admittedly deeply flawed GvK. Thing is, even though they're connected they all feel pretty different. All it'll take for me to be back on onboard with the MonsterVerse is a really well done movie. The last two movies were chaotic messes, felt like they were welded together after rewrites/reshoots/edits - what we really need is a good script and good director that they'll trust and stick with.

Along with that, we need a fresh take. I want to see something new. The last two films were just a speed run of a dozen Godzilla movie conventions. Kaiju movies are often best when they hybridize with other genres, so the sky's the limit. As long as Godzilla shows up it's a Godzilla story.

Well Toho has some stuff on their slate.

It won't be a Shin 2 and judging by the new shorts, they're not afraid to whip out the suits again.

I personally would like to see a more connected take out of Toho again. Something like GAM/SOS but perhaps referencing Shin as the original incident instead of the typical 1950s take.

They could easily change his look and powers up a bit if he regens or something.

I've enjoyed all the MV entries to date. Sounds like Kong is going to get the show going forward upon reading what people bare saying.

I have not enjoyed any of the anime however.

I think we could do a Ultraman/Sentai esque show with Godzilla in a suit way easier now!

That would be fun IMHO.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Legendary/Monsterverse King of the Monsters was my personal favorite (Not best) of all the Godzilla Movies. I enjoyed that ride from start to finish.

Personally I'm happy to still see it continue (so much untapped potential) but I'm really hoping the new show is not 90% humans. Godzilla 2014 was great but the Big G was only in two scenes.

Cautious Optimism.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Well Toho has some stuff on their slate.

It won't be a Shin 2 and judging by the new shorts, they're not afraid to whip out the suits again.

I personally would like to see a more connected take out of Toho again. Something like GAM/SOS but perhaps referencing Shin as the original incident instead of the typical 1950s take.

They could easily change his look and powers up a bit if he regens or something.

I've enjoyed all the MV entries to date. Sounds like Kong is going to get the show going forward upon reading what people bare saying.

I have not enjoyed any of the anime however.

I think we could do a Ultraman/Sentai esque show with Godzilla in a suit way easier now!

That would be fun IMHO.
    I really don't think we'll see the suits ever make a comeback in their big films ever again. I think those are very much just intended for smaller scale things like the shorts. I do think an Ultraman styled Godzilla show is possible. Not my preference, I really just want them to finally make Godzilla movies again, but I'll take what I can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Legendary/Monsterverse King of the Monsters was my personal favorite (Not best) of all the Godzilla Movies. I enjoyed that ride from start to finish.

Personally I'm happy to still see it continue (so much untapped potential) but I'm really hoping the new show is not 90% humans. Godzilla 2014 was great but the Big G was only in two scenes.

Cautious Optimism.
    Sounds like the premise is a MONARCH mystery with little to no Titans.

Which does not sound appealing to me.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I don't see the point unless some actual Kaiju show up, but I can't think they have enough budget to do more than, maybe, an hour or one episode with one.

This would have to be some kind of X-Files level of quality for me to pursue this. Yep, raising the bar on this because the idea of actual Titans roaming the earth is well acknowledged/accepted. So what's the unknown mystery here?

Possible existence of aliens? The cover up? Secret alien technology being reverse-engineered for the world's military?

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    This would have to be some kind of X-Files level of quality for me to pursue this. Yep, raising the bar on this because the idea of actual Titans roaming the earth is well acknowledged/accepted. So what's the unknown mystery here?

Possible existence of aliens? The cover up? Secret alien technology being reverse-engineered for the world's military?
    Family find out they have connections to MONARCH.

That is what was announced.

Sounds like a retred if you ask me. We kind of already got that in KotM. Chris Black and Matt Fraction are writing it, so I will give it a chance.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 01-25-2022 at 10:17 AM.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

The Monsterverse honestly seems like its on its last legs. It did better than some cinematic universes but IMO it has never really felt like a proper one...

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    The Monsterverse honestly seems like its on its last legs. It did better than some cinematic universes but IMO it has never really felt like a proper one...
    What cinematic universe did it do better than? All I can think of is dark universe....

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    I hope so, I really do think it's preventing Toho from releases anymore live action movies of their own. You know if they could've capitalized on the success of Shin they would have, but it's been six years. I'd rather legendary end than continue to keep Toho sidelined.

But that's just me, and if I want it then I expect to find out the opposite will hold true - legendary will continue to crank out content at bare minimum for this decade if not into the next, and Toho will only release maybe one or two films tops this decade at best, not counting bad anime.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    What cinematic universe did it do better than? All I can think of is dark universe....
    Arguably one can count the first half of the DCEU or "Snyderverse" as a failed cinematic universe. Just because they've stubbornly continued on and have had some success (but not a whole lot) moving away from that doesn't negate it I think. Also the Valiant universe with Vin Diesel's Bloodshot, Sony's first Spider-Man shared universe plans when it was still part of their Amazing Spider-Man spinoffs plan, the Hanna-Barberra (sp?) universe spinning out of SCOOB! doesn't look promising, and the new GI-Joe universe is off to a rocky start with Snake Eyes not doing well.

I think that some were such little news you just forgot about them.

Extraordinary Member

Here's something I've long wondered about. Why was Godzilla's roar changed to be more high pitched starting in 1962's King Kong vs Godzilla? In the first 2 movies he had a very different sounding, much lower roar. But it changed by the third movie and that later sound became the standard for all roars going forward.

The original roar.

Extraordinary Member

The changed, more famous roar.

Akira Takarada passed away on March 14 at the age of 87. He appeared in six Godzilla movies, including playing the male lead Ogata in the original 1954 film, and had filmed an unused cameo scene for the 2014 Legendary Godzilla. He also appeared in other Kaiju and Tokusatsu films like "Half Human", "The Three Treasures", "King Kong Escapes" and "Latitude Zero".

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

New Godzilla Movie!

Attached Images Attached Images