Page 66 of 114 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    l'm morbidly fascinated by what there could possibly be about a Godzilla movie that could constitute a spoiler.

Big monster fights big monster.

City suffers devastation.

Big monster wins.
    That's assuming a whole lot. You could say that about any genre. Aren't all martial arts films just about people fighting each other with martial arts? Romantic comedies? Biopics of real musicians? Okay, I'll give you that last one. Those all really are the same!

l'm morbidly fascinated by what there could possibly be about a Godzilla movie that could constitute a spoiler.

Big monster wins.
    Have you seen meny Godzilla movies? They more than just monsters vs monsters sometimes they are down rite weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    If you're looking for more of Dance, he was in the last two Underworld movies (Awakening and Blood Wars), where he was good, if underdeveloped. Blood Wars is definitely the better of the two.
    I need to get around to watching those. I liked the first 3 Underworld movies.

Also, I love your avatar. Asura's Wrath was a great, if unconventional, game. Capcom really crapped by the bed by not doing more with that IP, but I'm also glad they didn't put him into Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite because screw Marvel/Disney and their X-Men ban.
    Yeah, I wish Capcom would do more with franchise. Asura was too cool to only appear once. MvC seemed like the perfect place for him but...maybe next time.

Big monster wins.

Kind of shocked nobody has mentioned how awesome Rodan looked.

It was a fun movie nothing crazy I did like some little things like monarch outpost matching the year that monster was released in the film world. I was also a big fan that they showed the Mothra twins if only they had sung the song.

Quote Originally Posted by Calighoula View Post
    It's been mentioned.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

This movie is the strongest I ever seen Roden. I thought it was cool how he destroyed a village by just flying over it.

No one has covered the most important part - did the Mothra twins make an appearance?
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    No one has covered the most important part - did the Mothra twins make an appearance?
    The fairies? If so yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The fairies? If so yes.
    Woohoo, win!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Even though I found the movie somewhat disappointing, I was not disappointed with Rodan's first appearance; him emerging, his attack on the city below the volcano, and his battle with the fighter jets. It was by far my favorite effects sequence in the movie. Very nicely staged!

It was nice to see him shine, if only for a scene. Since his solo movie in 1957 Rodan has always played the part of second banana, and it's been tough for him to have a standout moment since then.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Dr Ilene Chen mentions to Mark Russell that she is a third generation member of Monarch (her mother and grandmother before her.) She then shows photos of them and it is revealed that all female members of her family have had identical twins. Later on, the film goes to another Monarch Outpost where we discover another Dr Chen. Thus revealing she is a twin also.

During the conversation, one of the photos that she shows him are of her ancestors. This photo (which is blink and you'll miss it) is of the two fairies in Mothra from (1961.)

When Mothra is communicating with Godzilla, she hears it and describes it being "beautiful" whereas other just mention it being noise. So the film definitely pays homage to the Fairies and hint that Chen's family are the modern day equivalent. It is a plot point that might go over the heads of casual viewers. But as a big fan, it was one I very much appreciated.
    Last edited by Somecrazyaussie; 06-06-2019 at 11:23 PM.

As a kid, I had the Rodan action figure (about a two ft wide wingspan, wings could flap, etc), the Godzilla toy with launchable fist and flame tongue, and one of the Shogun Warriors (Radeen I think?). The action and battles that took place in my living room are rivaled only by this movie. Now if we only could get a Shogun Warriors movie!
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

I plan on taking my son this weekend for the first time and my second.

"Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium