Page 46 of 114 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696 ... LastLast
    X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Kong is soo screwed....
    That is one thing I'm curious about: how does Kong even have a chance against Godzilla? Sure, he was apparently a "teenager" during the events of Skull Island, but it still seems like a tough hill to climb for that fight to even be competitive.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    That is one thing I'm curious about: how does Kong even have a chance against Godzilla? Sure, he was apparently a "teenager" during the events of Skull Island, but it still seems like a tough hill to climb for that fight to even be competitive.
    They either power him up or armor him up. The new trailer suggested we would be G's "pets" ... maybe when G wins, he goes on a tear, kills Mothra, and the larvae gets away. So they turn to Kong ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I would imagine that as fast as Godzilla was shown in the last trailer, that Kong is still the faster of the two. Godzilla has the edge in a long-range attack, but if Kong can get close Godzilla could be in trouble.

Besides, we've seen human characters defeat monsters that outclass and overpower them all the time. Stick Kong in the "human" role and it's not hard to imagine him beating the odds.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I would imagine that as fast as Godzilla was shown in the last trailer, that Kong is still the faster of the two. Godzilla has the edge in a long-range attack, but if Kong can get close Godzilla could be in trouble.

Besides, we've seen human characters defeat monsters that outclass and overpower them all the time. Stick Kong in the "human" role and it's not hard to imagine him beating the odds.
    They will do whatever is necessary to make Kong able to go the distance, but to be honest I doubt the movie will have the balls to decisively let one win.

If King of the Monsters post-credit spoilers were accurate:
    spoilers:
    I would bet Kong and Godzilla have to team up to fight some sort of partially regenerated King Ghidorah or a new monster created/spawned from the severed head that was recovered.
    end of spoilers

Kong was a baby in the first film only 100 feet about as tall as the classic Godzilla. Rumor is he's going to grow in size to 200+ or around 300 feet.

Godzilla will likely be bigger and the most impressive thing about Godzilla is really his durability. When he was getting pounded by those two MUTOs he was eventually able to outlast them after the female was distracted. Even survived the building falling on him. Obviously Godzilla is more reptilian in nature with his scaly skin.

In terms of proportional strength, at least upper body strength, Kong has the edge relative to their sizes. Obviously if Godzilla stays much huger he'd win, but proportional to sizes Kong was a magnitude above Godzilla in terms of what he was able to lift and how he was able to overpower two enemies of comparable size to him at the same time. Throughout Skull Island, Kong shows off his strength in various ways, from lifting massive boulders to throwing trees like they were missiles. Kong frequently overpowered his enemies even when outnumbered -- unlike Godzilla in 2014. Based on Skull Island I think it is safe to assume Kong will be faster, more agile and boy does he have an amazing vertical leap. However, Kong's most important factor is his superior intelligence. Even for a Gorilla he showed a ridiculous level of ingenuity in his fights. Arguably, Kong has the ability to strategize, whereas Godzilla relies on brute force and mostly instinct. In a handful of instances, Kong is shown making weapons out of nearby objects. Kong turns a tree into a club (he even knew to take branches off), which he uses to bash a Skullcrawler in the face. Or that time he used the chain and propeller like a flail.

Still that being said Godzilla will likely be the favorite. He appears to be much more durable than Kong even if they are closer in size by that film. Lastly there is the atomic breath. I like how the movies utilize the atomic breath. It's not just something casual Godzilla can use at a whim. It's a finishing move that requires some build up. I can't imagine Kong has an answer for the Atomic Breath unless they treat Kong like they do in the 1962 movie give him electric powers and have him shove a tree down Godzillas throat.

Or if you believe the spoilers.......
    The J-man

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I'm a little iffy on the CGI in the last scene of Godzilla and Ghodirah charging at each other.

Other than that, my body is so ready for this. Ghidorah looks TERRIFYING, and Mothra's design has warmed on me considerably. Especially as we got a close up of her face here, it realy does look like her.

Yeah, this looks epic, but also very bleak and dark. And i’m really not sure of the motives for monarch releasing the monsters, what they expect to accomplish by doing so, and who we’re supposed to root for. I’m hoping we’ll see a lot of rodan in this movie; he’s been pretty underserved in the godzilla series.

I loved how Godzilla goes charging at Ghidora while being flanked by the jets. Since Godzilla and the humans are fighting side by side I wonder how long before they think about implementing jaegers. So people can literally fight at his side.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Kong was a baby in the first film only 100 feet about as tall as the classic Godzilla. Rumor is he's going to grow in size to 200+ or around 300 feet.

Godzilla will likely be bigger and the most impressive thing about Godzilla is really his durability. When he was getting pounded by those two MUTOs he was eventually able to outlast them after the female was distracted. Even survived the building falling on him. Obviously Godzilla is more reptilian in nature with his scaly skin.

In terms of proportional strength, at least upper body strength, Kong has the edge relative to their sizes. Obviously if Godzilla stays much huger he'd win, but proportional to sizes Kong was a magnitude above Godzilla in terms of what he was able to lift and how he was able to overpower two enemies of comparable size to him at the same time. Throughout Skull Island, Kong shows off his strength in various ways, from lifting massive boulders to throwing trees like they were missiles. Kong frequently overpowered his enemies even when outnumbered -- unlike Godzilla in 2014. Based on Skull Island I think it is safe to assume Kong will be faster, more agile and boy does he have an amazing vertical leap. However, Kong's most important factor is his superior intelligence. Even for a Gorilla he showed a ridiculous level of ingenuity in his fights. Arguably, Kong has the ability to strategize, whereas Godzilla relies on brute force and mostly instinct. In a handful of instances, Kong is shown making weapons out of nearby objects. Kong turns a tree into a club (he even knew to take branches off), which he uses to bash a Skullcrawler in the face. Or that time he used the chain and propeller like a flail.

Still that being said Godzilla will likely be the favorite. He appears to be much more durable than Kong even if they are closer in size by that film. Lastly there is the atomic breath. I like how the movies utilize the atomic breath. It's not just something casual Godzilla can use at a whim. It's a finishing move that requires some build up. I can't imagine Kong has an answer for the Atomic Breath unless they treat Kong like they do in the 1962 movie give him electric powers and have him shove a tree down Godzillas throat.

Or if you believe the spoilers.......
    I think that could be the equalizer. Godzilla will still have the long range attacks but Kong, as a primate, can utilize weapons and tools.
    Last edited by Robotman; 12-10-2018 at 04:35 PM.

I'm actually avoiding watching anything beyond the teaser trailer, but I have seen a few screenshots from the newtrailer and I'm glad that Mothra retains her fuzzy appearance, which wasn't really perceptible winner her design was revealed via that toy.

I'm happy that people are excited by the new trailer!

Gotta save Mecha Godzilla for movie 5
    The J-man

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    It is here!!!!

OH WOW Now THAT is what I wanted in a New Godzilla Trailer, been Hyping to see more details of the Monsters, Especially King Ghidorah and it did not disappoint!

King Ghidorah is as Important to get Right for Godzilla Fans as Thanos was for the MCU and so Far I am Very Impressed! Not only by his size but his Look does Justice with how IMO an Updated King Ghidorah should look and I really like how he has a Snake like motion to his his near the end make him seem allot faster and more sleeker then any King Ghidorah before, uping his Danger Levels!

Mothra's new design is more bug-like which I am enjoying seeing allot and I am Happy to see Fire Rodan, Reminds me of the Heisei Era Rodan combined with his original design from the Showa Era!

I liked the Beginning allot as well, the world ending feeling with the scene in Washington DC and the way the girl was reacting to the static like screams was unsettling and I Love it!

Indeed My G-Fandom is Very Please Right Now!
    Last edited by CJStriker; 12-10-2018 at 07:54 PM.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

I didn't even think this version of Godzilla (lil chunky) could move that fast on land. Big G is booking it.
    The J-man

Fantastic Member

I think Kong and Godzilla will realize that their moms have the same name and they’ll team up to fight the real threat.

Well that's the next movie. Till then its Godzilla vs King Ghidorah winner take all.

Also I hope we get to see Godzilla eating. Outside of 90s U.S. Godzilla we never see him eat. Fish? Phytoplankton? We just need to put the ridiculous vegetarian debate to rest.

The J-man

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Yeah, this looks epic, but also very bleak and dark. And i’m really not sure of the motives for monarch releasing the monsters, what they expect to accomplish by doing so, and who we’re supposed to root for. I’m hoping we’ll see a lot of rodan in this movie; he’s been pretty underserved in the godzilla series.
    I kinda love how bleak it is. The whole Monsterverse has this man vs. nature theme going for it, and it's fascinating that man is seemingly getting curb stomped. I also like that we don't exactly know what Monarch is up to or why they're doing it.

I'm loving the ambiguity so far.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."