Page 50 of 114 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100 ... LastLast

I thought the anime Godzilla Trilogy was an interesting experiment with some neat ideas, but my enjoyment of it was a bit hampered by long stretches of boredom that I took for padding. I don't feel like it needed to be three feature-length movies. Maybe three hour-long episodes would have done the trick? Still, I think it's worth watching especially if you're a fan and want to see a lot of ideas from the series implemented in unconventional ways.

Oh, and we're beginning to be absolutely bombarded with King of the Monsters TV spots showing massive amounts of new footage. If you're like me and want to remain relatively unspoiled you're going to have to actively avoid stuff!

Honestly I'm onboard for the sequel to see how they do Mothra, and if we'll get any hints at Mecha Godzilla (I say hints cause I'd be surprised (but happy) if we get a full on appearance).

And, in just TEN MONTHS we'll get Godzilla 3.

GODZILLA VS KONG OFFICIALLY WRAPS SHOOTING

March 13th, 2020!

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Honestly I'm onboard for the sequel to see how they do Mothra, and if we'll get any hints at Mecha Godzilla (I say hints cause I'd be surprised (but happy) if we get a full on appearance).

And, in just TEN MONTHS we'll get Godzilla 3.

GODZILLA VS KONG OFFICIALLY WRAPS SHOOTING

March 13th, 2020!
    Holy crap, that is fast!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Holy crap, that is fast!
    Kong doesn't mess around. He's about that life
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I am sure it was discussed here, but I don't have the time to go through the 49 pages of posts.
    How is the Netfix Godzilla Anime shows? Worth watching?

I was not a big fan of the last Godzilla movie, but loved Shin Godzilla and Kong, Skull Island.
    It was...different.

If your expecting wild 1-1 clashes with other kaiju your going to be VERY disappointed. G has pretty much conquered the planet & there is nothing that can oppose him. Mecha-G is teased but meh. Mothra is also teased but she's asleep, I think? Either way she doesn't show. King Gidorah is just WTF & in a bad way.

Essentially, (s)he's a unstoppable force of nature & is the one true King. By the time the trilogy is finally over humanity is 99.9% wiped out.

If you do see it I recommend a prodigious use of choice alcohol. IM professional opinion.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    It was...different.

If your expecting wild 1-1 clashes with other kaiju your going to be VERY disappointed. G has pretty much conquered the planet & there is nothing that can oppose him. Mecha-G is teased but meh. Mothra is also teased but she's asleep, I think? Either way she doesn't show. King Gidorah is just WTF & in a bad way.

Essentially, (s)he's a unstoppable force of nature & is the one true King. By the time the trilogy is finally over humanity is 99.9% wiped out.

If you do see it I recommend a prodigious use of choice alcohol. IM professional opinion.
    I second this. It's an interesting concept, but it's hampered by the fact that the first two movies are basically the same and the "twist" in movie 2 is repeated in movie 3.

The worst part about it, though, is that they're freaking boring. Godzilla movies are never all go, all the time, but there's usually something interesting or goofy or at least slightly engaging to keep you watching.,There's none of that here. Movie 3 is the worst in this regard, as 95% of its run time is devoted to navel-gazing tripe.

Really leaves a bad taste in your mouth, but that's what the alcohol's for.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

2 things:

1). This is floating around the pre-order section of Criterion again and they list ToMG, Rodan, Mothra, too. New Blu-rays soon!?

2). All the "fodder" kaiju, er, Titans ... have been named in King of the Monsters. None are Toho other than Rodan, Mothra, & King Ghidorah. Their names are spoilers:
    Baphomet, Typhoon, Abaddon, Bunyip, Methuselah, and ... Kong
    end of spoilers. They said there will be a few surprises in terms of famous kaiju, though.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

^ Criterion is shoring up the rights to all the original series Godzilla films. Kraken Releasing just lost the rights to Ebirah, Hedorah, and Gigan - freeing those up... when you couple the enormous amount of restoration work and work on special features you got to be patient when Criterion tackle something like this. I'm sure we'll get a great release eventually! I think the earliest we could expect a release is late this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    ^ Criterion is shoring up the rights to all the original series Godzilla films. Kraken Releasing just lost the rights to Ebirah, Hedorah, and Gigan - freeing those up... when you couple the enormous amount of restoration work and work on special features you got to be patient when Criterion tackle something like this. I'm sure we'll get a great release eventually! I think the earliest we could expect a release is late this year.
    I was thinking Christmas 2019.

^ Maybe. Or perhaps Spring of next year, to tie into the release of Godzilla vs. Kong. Of course, if it means being delayed even longer to get all the materials in order to do a properly amazing and comprehensive box set... I'd wait. These movies are in quite the need of extensive restoration, and I haven't even mentioned how many of the original American edits of them are all but lost these days. If they go out of their way to preserve those, I'll be eternally grateful!

new trailer

so there's 17 of them

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

I'm glad they are going full ham with the atomic breath. Even in the previous movie his breath was portrayed more like a flame thrower, but we can see him in the trailers firin' his LASER. spoilers:
    I bet it is a result of his upgrade in the film.
    end of spoilers

17 titans? Okay, wow. I presume most will not be sticking around for long. I wonder how creative the producers will be in creating their looks? With Godzilla, Ghidorah, and Rodan you have lizard/reptile as a base, Mothra is an insect; next movie's King will be a mammal/ape; what else could we end up seeing?

Well, I'm hyped. Like, I don't even know what to say in response to the trailer, I just know I want to watch it already.

Astonishing Member

Same comment as before, how could a giant Gorilla - Kong, take that energy output?