Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
cool history lesson

spoilers:
I think you had it right the first time. There will be no conclusive winner meaning neither one will die, at best one of them wins the final encounter but can't deliver a deathblow because another monster appears or humans or a volcano/landslide gets in the way.

Kong and Godzilla kind of serve the same purpose. Godzilla lives in the ocean and regulates emerging Titans popping up wherever. Kong is the King/God of Skull Island the clear alpha there and he keeps everything peaceful. The local humans and other wildlife live in relative harmony. Every now and then an invasive species (skull crawler) pops up only to get beaten down.

Godzilla and Kong both embody Monarch's vision. Benevolent alphas that allow their ecosystem to flourish, everything living in harmony. Godzilla has claimed the earth as his territory and Kong is content being in Skull Island, which seemingly is becoming Monster Island.

You wouldn't think Godzilla sees Kong as a threat. He knows he's there and seemingly hasn't gone after him. He either respects Kong or doesn't view him as a threat. I believe either humans will bring them together or Godzilla comes into Kong's territory chasing another Titan.

Also there was a cave paitning at the end of KOTM. Does this mean they've fought before? Their ancestors fought? I don't know. Can't wait to see the film.

When Kong and Godzilla clash he probably upsett the new balance Godzilla just established. All the current Titans bowed to him acknowledging him as the alpha. Kong isn't going to bow down. Skull Island's his home, he'll fight to the death if challenged. It will be interesting to see if they fight on Skull Island or if Kong actually leaves the island for some reason.

I know everyone thinks Mecha King Ghidora will eb the villain, but I think it could still be Biolante or the pollution monster if not some new monster all together from human experimentation.
end of spoilers
spoilers:
I'm not even sure Kong can leave the island, so under normal circumstances there's a pretty easy equilibrium. As long as Godzilla stays off of Kongs turn, in theory there isn't a problem. But for whatever reason monsters seem to be heading towards Skull island, so in theory something may have to give.

But unless Kong is a really good swimmer he can't do what Godzilla can do as far as dealing with literally the rest of the planet, so he functionally can't take Godzillas place. Nor will he bow to Godzilla or get killed. In wrestling terms here, I almost think we need some sort of DQ or count out victory... no clean wins or loses can happen in the end there, otherwise the equilibrim will be disrupted.
end of spoilers