Page 72 of 114 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1704

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    ...are they on a ship? How does that not sink?
    I thought it was a dock ... ?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I thought it was a dock ... ?
    Could be, hard to tell with such a dark and blurry picture - a dock makes more sense, but honestly should still crumble into the sea under the weight of those two...

Could be, hard to tell with such a dark and blurry picture - a dock makes more sense, but honestly should still crumble into the sea under the weight of those two...
    Yeah ... and they should both die from being that large but ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Yeah ... and they should both die from being that large but ...
    Oh I know that, and I'm usually the last guy to bother with realism in my kaiju fights, but something about the whole narrow thing they're standing on plus surrounded by water thing is really telling my head "Shouldn't they fall off or through that?" Just one of those things that seeing visually really breaks the whole suspension of disbelief.

Remember in Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla '74 where Godzilla emerges from within a warehouse in an industrial district? How'd he get in there!?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Looked like an aircraft carrier, but I could be wrong. However, that did remind me of a scene from Pacific Rim where a dead kaiju is seen sprawled on a carrier’s flight deck. Still, the physics of two monsters STANDING on a ship stretches credulity beyond reasoning.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

King of the Monsters premired on HBO tonite. Yikes, outside of maybe Ice Cube's son all the human characters really were giant pains in tbe ass. Glad I waited, excellent Kaiju destruction through. Weird dichotomy.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

I also waited to see it. It was basically what I was expecting - some fun monster fights and that's about it. They did a decent job of making the humans involved, so that was better than I expected. There was a second I almost thought we were going to see a Rodan/Gidorah sex scene, but thankfully they didn't go that way. Rodan's my favorite so I'm glad he made it out alive and I liked the fiery wings effect on him. I like that they kept Gidorah's origin as being from space and the whole animal hierarchy. The Titans as being so eco-friendly was a tad "Godzilla v. the Smog Monster" cheesy, but whatever. I appreciate them trying to create a mythology around their existence.

Question: did they only have the one oxygen missile? I get that it doesn't affect Gidorah since he's from space, but what was stopping them from using them against the other Titans when they started busting up the joint?

I have to wonder what the crux of the conflict will be between Godzilla and King Kong, especially since they made Godzilla so sympathetic in this one.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 01-19-2020 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Rodan's my favorite so I'm glad he made it out alive and I liked the fiery wings effect on him. I like that they kept Gidorah's origin as being from space and the whole animal hierarchy. The Titans as being so eco-friendly was a tad "Godzilla v. the Smog Monster" cheesy, but whatever. I appreciate them trying to create a mythology around their existence.

Question: did they only have the one oxygen missile? I get that it doesn't affect Gidorah since he's from space, but what was stopping them from using them against the other Titans when they started busting up the joint?
    Pains me to say it as this is not a Western IP but this was the best iterations of these monsters I've ever seen. Godzilla's mancave was cool to see. I felt shortchanged that Mothra vs. Rodan didn't go on longer, the Kaiju rendering and physics were really dope.

The big American movie formula has always leaned to hard on the snappy patter and the familial feels and it wasn't earned in KOM. Give me 20% less one-liner cut scenes and yea, explain this nasty business of an oxygen missile more than what I got.

If I'm going to blockbuster-splain it I'd figure the Titans only caused destruction, you let off one of those Oxygen missiles in an i inhabited area I figure it would be some time before breathable levels return to the area. Of course this says nothing to the levels of radiation felt as Godzilla is fighting in a major city. Probably wont be playing baseball in Fenway for at least a decade.

I will rewatch KOM, with a hearty dose of fast forwarding and right now I actually like the 2014 movie better overall but I wanted Kaiju violence and I did get just that in KOM.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Pains me to say it as this is not a Western IP but this was the best iterations of these monsters I've ever seen. Godzilla's mancave was cool to see. I felt shortchanged that Mothra vs. Rodan didn't go on longer, the Kaiju rendering and physics were really dope.
    Agreed. I really enjoyed this film. Enough to buy a digital copy to watch whenever. I loved the Godzilla man-cave too. It was nice to see where he goes when he disappears, it added to his lore and that hasn't happened in a long time. I liked it.

Edit: the humans were a bit annoying especially the woman scientist.

I didn't mind some of the one-liners. Cheesy but whatever.
    Last edited by Neko; 01-19-2020 at 03:16 PM.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

Astonishing Member

I loved Godzilla: King of the Monsters. I thought it was a blast to watch. A huge improvement over the 2014 Godzilla which I thought was boring. As for the human stuff in that movie . . . who cares? I mean, the human stuff in Godzilla movies is rarely all that great.

A certain main villain for Kong vs. Godzilla has been all but confirmed now. He was hinted at in the stinger and the credits in the last Godzilla movie.

Also, more toy pics were taken down but one featured Kong with a beard, armor he made, and a bad ass club.

is the next film still on schedule to come out? will the narrative be changed, will there be reshoots? Is this effectively the last of the "Legendary" projects?

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    I loved Godzilla: King of the Monsters. I thought it was a blast to watch. A huge improvement over the 2014 Godzilla which I thought was boring. As for the human stuff in that movie . . . who cares? I mean, the human stuff in Godzilla movies is rarely all that great.
    Yeah, apart from both versions of Serizawa, Miki in the Heisi films and maybe Steve Martin in the US versions, it's hard to recall that many memorable human characters.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth