Page 88 of 114 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1705

Arrow Video's Daimajin blu-ray set looking fresh:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ArrowFilm...34210079236100

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Monsterverse Gigan, Megalon, Jet Jaguar and Angilas!
    That would be a verry expensive Legendary pic. They would have to pay for every Toho IP they use. However, JJ would be money well spent.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    I vote for Mecha-Gidorah, however they might need to save that for the Endgame movie (with Kong after the rework) and they will build to it. I would like a sort of vs Megalon movie but that would require Megalon and Gigan and Jet Jaguar (probably updated to look very Pacific Rim-ish or Anime/Gundam-ish) then again I guess Legendary could create their own Gundam-ish mecha and avoid the Jet license.
    No JJ? No dice!

If Jet Jaguar appears, they should keep his size-changing power!
    This is the Way!
    Last edited by GOLGO 13; 04-30-2021 at 09:34 AM. Reason: I love JJ & I regret nothing!

Jet Jaguar is like the star of the new Godzilla anime - all stepping stones for eventual JJ supremecy.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    That would be a verry expensive Legendary pic. They would have to pay for every Toho IP they use. However, JJ would be money well spent.
    You're right. Maybe just one of them

No JJ? No dice!

This is the Way!
    JJ isn't near my favorite Toho daikaiju. However, if they keep his size changing ability, he could have some cool action scenes, similar to how Ant-Man & Wasp do in MCU movies, although not exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    Jet Jaguar is like the star of the new Godzilla anime - all stepping stones for eventual JJ supremacy.
    2021 is the year of the Jet! His potential will launch his own spin-off series & a desperately necessary toy line. No more 2nd banana for this 'Bot!

You're right. Maybe just one of them

JJ isn't near my favorite Toho daikaiju. However, if they keep his size changing ability, he could have some cool action scenes, similar to how Ant-Man & Wasp do in MCU movies, although not exactly
    We know which "one" you mean, right?

You got the right idea! JJ would make the perfect go-between the humans & all the kaiju like what Jia did for Kong.

Ultimate Member

2021 is the year of the Jet! His potential will launch his own spin-off series & a desperately necessary toy line. No more 2nd banana for this 'Bot!

We know which "one" you mean, right?

You got the right idea! JJ would make the perfect go-between the humans & all the kaiju like what Jia did for Kong.
    Probably either gigan or JJ.

I didn't think of JJ like Jia, but that sounds like a hood idea. I do feel the monster verse could've had a psychic priestess character to interact with Mothra. I'm not biggest Shobijin fan, but a similar role would've made Legendary's mythos more interesting IMO.

If Jj does appear, I don't want any Kennys

Promo video for a new amusement park ride, featuring Godzilla and Ghidorah:

Wow. Similar to Legendary's design, but just adding those heavy eyebrows makes him look way more Toho!

Singular Point next month! Very excited.

So.. like a month ago Shusuke Kaneko (director of the Heisei Gamera trilogy) made a statement about developing a new Gamera project? I haven't seen any English language coverage of this, and I'm afraid to trust Google Translate... but for all you Gamera fans (like me!) out there: a glimmer of hope for his return!

So.. like a month ago Shusuke Kaneko (director of the Heisei Gamera trilogy) made a statement about developing a new Gamera project? I haven't seen any English language coverage of this, and I'm afraid to trust Google Translate... but for all you Gamera fans (like me!) out there: a glimmer of hope for his return!
    We're still waiting on news about that. Translation being what it is, unsure if there's actual plans on this front, or just a director expressing his desire to return to the franchise.

Ultimate Member

Wow, I didn't know that. I hope something results from it

We're getting some official English language Godzilla books this fall! Godzilla: The Complete Illustrated Guide (a general franchise overview from a publisher that's put out a few pop culture coffee table books), The Godzilla Art of Kaida Yuji (a collection of various paintings the famed artist has done for various merchandise and promotions over the past four decades, released by Titan Books) and Godzilla Mad Libs (that one's self explanatory) are all coming out in October and November.
    And now an Amazon listing for the English language release of the recent gargantuan art book "Godzilla: History of Formative Arts 1954-2016" - this thing is all huge, high quality photos of Godzilla either taken from the set or publicity photos from all the Toho movies.

Are all my Christmas gifts this year gonna be Godzilla coffee table books?

A question for Godzilla fans. I grew up watching all the Kaiju movies. Godzilla, Rhodan, Mothra....Watched then many times, even going to the Saturday Matinee at the local theater. (that was a thing when I was growing up, 2 movies for 50 cents) But as fun as they were, they were always people in rubber suits stepping on miniature buildings and toy trucks and tanks. The FX wasn't believable like a Ray Harryhausen movie. It was part of the fun, marveling at the complex sets and small vehicles. As I said, they were fun movies to watch, but we didn't take them seriously.
    So for the Big G fans here, what was your experience watching these. I am not questioning your love of them, just wondering what you thoughts about them were.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    A question for Godzilla fans. I grew up watching all the Kaiju movies. Godzilla, Rhodan, Mothra....Watched then many times, even going to the Saturday Matinee at the local theater. (that was a thing when I was growing up, 2 movies for 50 cents) But as fun as they were, they were always people in rubber suits stepping on miniature buildings and toy trucks and tanks. The FX wasn't believable like a Ray Harryhausen movie. It was part of the fun, marveling at the complex sets and small vehicles. As I said, they were fun movies to watch, but we didn't take them seriously.
    So for the Big G fans here, what was your experience watching these. I am not questioning your love of them, just wondering what you thoughts about them were.
    Yeah, man it's all about the spectacle of it all. We dug how the Japanese played it ultra-serious till they introduced children into the G-movies. Then it got cringy AF to watch as I got older. Kinda might be a reason why Gamera never got that same kind of love that GodZ has.

They (Toho) turned this goofy thing that I liked into kid-focused, sugary sweet pabulum & that was it for me. Yeah, man we know "rubber suits" but flying kick Godzilla was some epic **** back then.

I love the miniature effects. Jurassic Park came out when I was in kindergarten, so I've been used to realistic CGI and Hollywood effects practically my entire life, yet in my childhood to today I've always been drawn to what I felt were more "handcrafted" visual effects. My favorites were the miniature "tokusatsu" effects in kaiju movies, the animation/live action combos of Harryhausen and O'Brian, and then as I grew up I got into things like '80s horror and sci-fi effects, Jim Henson, even the makeup effects of old Universal horror films!

As a matter of fact, when it comes to digital effects I tend to favor something like Into the SpiderVerse, which was all digital but aesthetically had that "handcrafted" stylized look. Guillermo del Toro is also a filmmaker who I feel retains that spirit, regardless of technology (though he uses a lot of practical effects).

So... yeah, I think tokusatsu is an art, an art I very much appreciate. I can also, of course, criticize it. For instance: using background and foreground miniatures of different scales to frame the image of the monster in visually interesting ways? That's the best! The Gamera Trilogy and Return of Ultraman do this a lot. Having a sparse, uninteresting miniature set and failing to shoot the monster in a way that emphasizes its bigness or at least in a way that's visually interesting? That bums me out! The '90s Godzilla films do that a lot.