Page 71 of 114 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1704
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I still have yet to see King of the Monsters. Is it worth checking out on video, story-wise?
    Yes it is the other poster exaggerates. Godzilla is in 5 scenes 3 of which are battles of varying length.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I still have yet to see King of the Monsters. Is it worth checking out on video, story-wise?
    depends what you're going for. if you're going for Godzilla to see the Kaiju's fight and all the lore it's worth checking out. It feels much more like a classic Godzilla movie. You can certainly nitpick the script but in my opinion, it's on par with what Godzilla fans expect from a Godzilla movie.

The film wasn't perfect but if you're going for the Giant monsters it should satisfy you. Cinematography and special effects are great.

2014 probably had a better more succinct plot, but that movie literally had less than 10 minutes of Godzilla and a lot of fo fans felt cheated. King of the Monsters and much more Godzilla and monsters overall.

I'm very interested to see the next film in the series. I'm here for Godzilla for Kong I think it's going to be great.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Not in my opinion. I wound up fast forwarding and only watching the monster battles. Also, Godzilla is only in the movie for like 10 minutes.
    KotM 2019
    King Ghidorah: 12m
    Godzilla: 11m
    Mothra: 5m
    -Imago: 2m 45s
    -Larva: 2m 15s
    Rodan: 4m 30s
    Scylla: 45s
    Female MUTO: 45s
    Methuselah: 30s
    Behemoth: 30s
    Male MUTO: 15s
    King Kong: 5s

The average time Big G is in a Godzilla movie is 11 minutes over his whole career. How they shot and filmed the movie makes it feel longer. The longest he's ever been in a movie was Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II at 27 minutes. He's often the 2nd or 3rd most shown monster in all his movies.

KotM has more total monster screen time than Destroy All Monsters, Final Wars, Tokyo SOS, Ghidorah, Monster Zero, All Monsters Attack and GMK: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack but less than Gigan, Megalon, Terror of MechaG, and Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II which are all the battle royale movies.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I don't know how people complain about the screen time in King of Monsters. It was like Chrsitmas came early after the 2014 version, where they were like trying to hide him from the audicnece for 2 hours.
    The J-man

Despite the fact that Godzilla had less screen time in the 2014 film, the fact that that last 15 minutes gave us a lot of long, uninterrupted, clearly framed shots of Godzilla meant that by the end of the film you felt like you had seen him a lot. In contrast, Godzilla: King of the Monsters features monster scenes that are almost all in obscuring smoke or weather and was very choppily and sometimes confusingly edited. Even though Godzilla was on screen longer, I felt like... I couldn't see him very well?

Of course, Skull Island hit the sweet spot by having a ton of footage of King Kong in broad daylight, unobscured, and with wonderful action and fight choreography!

The 2014 film we only get a good look at Godzilla when it was dark aside from the ending where he wakes up and walks away. We see his back in the old footage where they test the nuke. We see him very briefly where he faces the male MUTO. Then his back swimming by the ships and the bridge. The final confrontation. Plus through the whole movie, we follow this boring plain Jane character. Not Dr. Serizawa or Brian Cransont's character, not even David Straithaim's character. I like watching the 2014 Godzilla clips on youtube but actually paying and watching the whole movie was very disappointing.

I didn't go crazy over King of the Monsters but it scratched the itch and at least met the expectations fans had of a Godzilla movie, namely bad@$$ monsters and stupid humans.

I'll agree with you Kong: Skull Island is probably my favorite from this Monsterverse. The human cast was enjoyable. Only two to three characters have real arcs the rest are kind of one-note, but they have personality and good chemistry, enjoyable overall to me. The action and the fight scenes were epic. The movie made Kong very intriguing and Skull Island was really interesting I want to explore it even more. Most importantly the film had long meaningful fights. I think I was just happy they made a different Kong movie for once. Otherwise, that film was really straight forward great cinematography as you said, and a solid plot. I really can't wait to see him and Godzilla on screen together again and see how big they make Kong.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post

...I really can't wait to see him and Godzilla on screen together again and see how big they make Kong.
    At the moment, I cant think of a bigger movie for ME in 2020.

First footage of Godzilla vs. Kong was shown at Cinema Europe Conference.

The storyline teased was East vs. West and that there will be a "definitive" winner.

The only note made was the VFX looked amazing even though they were unpolished.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

supposedly Godzilla isn't allowed to be killed in Legendary's contract with Toho....so take that as you will
    The J-man

Godzilla is 'Monster of the Month' on Turner Classic Movies. That means every Friday night this month will have a marathon of Godzilla movies with a few other Toho kaiju movies sprinkled in.

We are 20 minutes in to the first Godzilla movie right now!

supposedly Godzilla isn't allowed to be killed in Legendary's contract with Toho....so take that as you will
    Having a winner doesn't mean the loser dies. Killing either Godzilla or Kong would be sheer lunacy since obviously you'd want to make more money off them in future sequels.

Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Having a winner doesn't mean the loser dies. Killing either Godzilla or Kong would be sheer lunacy since obviously you'd want to make more money off them in future sequels.
    True. If there is a winner, it may well come down to popularity, like the original 'Zilla vs KK.

My main problem with the movie is that it kind of wasted many of the human characters on a sort of "disaster movie plot", especially towards the end. Miley Bobby Brown was pretty much wasted in the usual daughter with estranged parents role from those kind of movies.
    Kind of ditto with Sally Hawkins, kind of reminded me of the way Liwen was killed off in Pacific Rim 2.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

So here is a link to a spoiler image from a 3 second clip from Kong vs Godzilla

Reminder this is a spoiler image, so click only if you dare

https://wegotthiscovered.com/wp-cont...5W4AAuicA.jpeg

also for the person I was arguing with a long time ago in this thread about Kong, his age, size etc. welp.................. I WAS RIGHT!
    The J-man

So here is a link to a spoiler image from a 3 second clip from Kong vs Godzilla

Reminder this is a spoiler image, so click only if you dare

https://wegotthiscovered.com/wp-cont...5W4AAuicA.jpeg

also for the person I was arguing with a long time ago in this thread about Kong, his age, size etc. welp.................. I WAS RIGHT!
    ...are they on a ship? How does that not sink?