Page 97 of 114 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 1705
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Manda was used a lot in the viral marketing for GvK.

I was expecting him to get ganked by Mecha G or squashed by Godzilla or something right out the gate.

He never showed up. Not sure if that counted as "use" or not in terms of the rights. Time will tell.
    I'd like to see him show up but he's not who I'd expect first.

I do feel that GvK wasted MechaG a bit by making him its Doomsday

It was also pointed out to me on a podcast that Manda was used in the KotM viral campaign, too.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ultimate Member

It was also pointed out to me on a podcast that Manda was used in the KotM viral campaign, too.
    I must've missed that

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I must've missed that
    Both times it was part of the Monarch files and "events" on the Monarch website.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ok. I still can't see what you're saying. Using a bunch of stock footage is more artistically bankrupt to me than a generic Hollywood plot.
    And I still can't see what you're saying. There's no "plot" in GvK, generic Hollywood or otherwise. And I don't think anything is more artistically bankrupt than that.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    I am a big Godzilla fan, GvK was meh for me but I am glad it did good at the box office. I saw it once and can't tell you when I will watch it again. However I really loved the recent KotM, I paid to see it twice, bought the blu ray and the soundtrack as quickly as possible. For me it was a love letter to Godzilla fans at least it was to me. True none of the humans were essential but besides Raymond Burr how many ever are? What are you guy's opinion on KotM as far as in relation to other more modern Godzilla flicks.
    It's alright. Not great, deeply flawed, but not bad.

I was just teasing you!

I found it funny that this news came out when you and Mik were talking about GvK.

That is all.

The only MonsterVerse news I got for you is that Josh Grode is expected to make an announcement on future films in Q4. He already said more is coming and Toho released some more IP to them to borrow. The only rumors I've seen are a Hollow Earth Kong that sounded like Son of Kong meets King Kong Escapes and Godzilla 3. Legendary also has MechaGodzilla for at least one more appearance and they have an "unused Toho IP" that was rumored to be Manda, JJ, or Moguera. The only other thing Grode said was people really responded to the big famous monster vs. monster fights, so he would like to have more of that in future films. Sounds like he wants to go down the Heisei era route in terms of continuity and fights. He also talked about Pacific Rim and trying to get a US Ultraman off the ground for Godzilla to fight.

IMHO, if you want Ultraman to fight the Big G, just use Jet Jaguar. With enough fussing, you could get him to be like Ultraman.
    The only Godzilla news I'm interested in is Toho doing live action films again...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    And I still can't see what you're saying. There's no "plot" in GvK, generic Hollywood or otherwise. And I don't think anything is more artistically bankrupt than that.
    There is a plot in GvK. It's just generic, but serviceable. It beats pretending scenes from previous movies are new

There is a plot in GvK. It's just generic, but serviceable. It beats pretending scenes from previous movies are new
    I consider generic to mean average - the MCU is average, this was well, well, well below average. Just disagree on how serviceable it was.

Ultimate Member

The only Godzilla news I'm interested in is Toho doing live action films again...
    Didn't they say there were? I haven't heard any recent news about it

I consider generic to mean average - the MCU is average, this was well, well, well below average. Just disagree on how serviceable it was.
    Ok

Toho's "World of Godzilla" doesn't begin pre-production till this year, so we won't know much till later this year or early 2022.

The only new bit of info since the 2018 presser is that Anguirus, Gigan, King Caesar, and Ebira were blocked from use for the MonsterVerse because those are 4 kaiju they are/were developing something for. Toho said they gave Legendary the green light on all but those four (they ended on Mothra, Rodan, King Ghidorah, & MechaG) and paid for the use of 6 Toho licensees, 2 remain unused.

Ultimate Member

Toho's "World of Godzilla" doesn't begin pre-production till this year, so we won't know much till later this year or early 2022.

The only new bit of info since the 2018 presser is that Anguirus, Gigan, King Caesar, and Ebira were blocked from use for the MonsterVerse because those are 4 kaiju they are/were developing something for. Toho said they gave Legendary the green light on all but those four (they ended on Mothra, Rodan, King Ghidorah, & MechaG) and paid for the use of 6 Toho licensees, 2 remain unused.
    Ok. Tbh, I think a modern Gigan would look pretty cool

I don't think they said they were - I mean, clearly they were interested after the run away success of Shin domestically, but that was 5 years ago with not a peep since outside animation...

We never found out if World of Godzilla meant more movies or just a more planned out marketing approach. There's a lot of debate on what World of Godzilla really is since it was somewhat vague and also since the news might've been mistranslated.