Page 69 of 114 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1704

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    A few. Im putting it into an article
    Eh, I'm not likely to read a whole article just fyi.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Eh, I'm not likely to read a whole article just fyi.
    Ill summarize it once its done.

Im seeing the movie again tonight

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Just watched the new movie last night. It was good. I had a bad feeling about it, but was pleasantly surprised that it was much better than I thought it was going to be.

The special effects and fights scenes with Godzilla and the other monsters were awesome! Even my wife, who doesn't normally like these kinds of movies, liked it a lot.

I went over to Walmart today and was thrilled that they had the new toys out. I bought the big one for $20 and the two smaller ones for $13 each. I'm glad I did too because they're already going for double that on Ebay.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    I loved Godzilla King of the Monsters.

Easily my top 3 movies in the entire franchise and I think I saw them all so far.

- Far more Monster Action vs Humans
    - An extremely rare time where I was interested in the plot for the humans
    - Great special effects
    - Awesome Story all around. Love King G's Origin
    - Most importantly, love the pacing for Big G

Me, I'm giving this a 10 out of 10
    Agreed on all of your points. I really thought it was great.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Did anyone else notice the large ammount of christian symbolism in the movie?
    I noticed the part where Ghidorah was standing next to the cross. Lots of symbolism there.

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    Overall, I really enjoyed the movie. I liked Godzilla 2014 well enough, but I found this one was a lot more entertaining. I wanted a Royal Rumble with giant monsters and walked out happy.
    THIS! There was other stuff I liked about it as well, but mostly THIS!

So, will Godzilla’s new role as alpha/king of the monsters corrupt him? He’s now in control and can dictate where the titans congregate. We’ve seen that they’re converging on Skull Island. According to the novelization, Kong heard Ghidora’s call but ignored it. Kong is kind of the rebel that just wants to be left alone. Why would Godzilla be sending the titans to Skull Island? Maybe to subdue this rebel titan that won’t fall in line.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    So, will Godzilla’s new role as alpha/king of the monsters corrupt him? He’s now in control and can dictate where the titans congregate. We’ve seen that they’re converging on Skull Island. According to the novelization, Kong heard Ghidora’s call but ignored it. Kong is kind of the rebel that just wants to be left alone. Why would Godzilla be sending the titans to Skull Island? Maybe to subdue this rebel titan that won’t fall in line.
    could be that he wants the titans away from humanity and that will cause issues between him and kong

Sorry if this was mentioned, but LIFE magazine has put out a special edition Godzilla issue that's packed with articles and pictures and no ads. It's a beauty and I'm looking forward to reading it today. I picked mine up at the checkout at the grocery store this morning so it should be easy for everyone to find.

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    Sorry if this was mentioned, but LIFE magazine has put out a special edition Godzilla issue that's packed with articles and pictures and no ads. It's a beauty and I'm looking forward to reading it today. I picked mine up at the checkout at the grocery store this morning so it should be easy for everyone to find.
    I got mine a few days ago, nice little mag.
    One error I noticed was a picture they claimed was from Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla 2, but really it was from one of the 2 Millennium films with Kiryu MechaG.

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    THANK YOU!!! For taking the time to post this. I want to take my daughter to see it as this MIGHT help explain why her pop is such a kaiju-nerd.

Extraordinary Member

It's a minor detail, but I loved how they showed Godzilla's breath every time he roared during the Antarctica fight.

It's too bad Bryan Cranston's character had to die in Godzilla 2014. Imagine him and Charles Dance in scenes together? That epicness could almost rival the monsters on screen.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    It's a minor detail, but I loved how they showed Godzilla's breath every time he roared during the Antarctica fight.
    I enjoyed that, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    It's too bad Bryan Cranston's character had to die in Godzilla 2014. Imagine him and Charles Dance in scenes together? That epicness could almost rival the monsters on screen.
    Indeed but he wanted to die.

I wish he was the focus of the first movie, not his son.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Yeah this movie was a 10/10 for me too. A lot of unexpected moments, never ever thought we'd hear the themes!

Also Serazawa's moment was more emotional moment for me than any film I watched this year.

Ghidorah was so OP loved it!

Disappointed at the BO results and think WB have some blame, marketing felt to me practically non existent and the poster they chose for the main was lame why have the most generic one without Godzilla vs Ghidorah, if the U.S had one of the international posters I think it would have pulled a couple more million at least.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.