Page 95 of 114 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1705

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Oh darn. Well, I'll find out eventually. The trailers showed some kind of big shadowy Rodan so it got me a little hyped at least for that. But some things don't change I guess

Is JJ an improvement over his previous appearances?
    I really liked this Jet Jaguar. It was the first time he didn't feel like a total joke in long time. Probably the best part of the show, IMHO.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I really liked this Jet Jaguar. It was the first time he didn't feel like a total joke in long time. Probably the best part of the show, IMHO.
    Good to know. Are the rest of the daikaiju portrayed well?

Extraordinary Member

4 eps in and I've only seen Godzilla for 30 secs just a shadow and tail...ridiculous. The art is beautiful and kept me watching but C'mon now...

Ultimate Member

How's the music?

How's the music?
    They use a lot of OG themes and sounds.

When Godzilla shows up in full and goes postal ... the music is amazing.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ultimate Member

They use a lot of OG themes and sounds.

When Godzilla shows up in full and goes postal ... the music is amazing.
    Cool. I always liked the old roars and other sound effecrs. Although I think the Monsterverse did a good job of giving different types of sounds to the daikaiju

How's the new music/songs (if any)

Astonishing Member

This review totally points out what I thought about the series: https://www.cbr.com/singular-point-not-enough-godzilla/

It was a total bore.

Okay, finally finished Singular Point. And I liked it a lot, actually kind of enjoyed the science talk, and while Big G didn't get that much screen time relatively speaking, his appearance was nicely build towards, and he had a nice apocalyptic presence. And the kaiju action we got in the earlier part of the season was cool, they really used the advantages of animation there. Plus, fun characters. Looking forward to season 2.

On another matter, this showed up on my YT feed:

An online translator gave the title as 'Movie "After the Great Monster" Super Special Report 2022 Nationwide Release', so it appears to tell the story of the aftermath of a kaiju attack. Interesting premise, and any new kaiju eiga from Japan is welcome.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kai "the spy" View Post
    Okay, finally finished Singular Point. And I liked it a lot, actually kind of enjoyed the science talk, and while Big G didn't get that much screen time relatively speaking, his appearance was nicely build towards, and he had a nice apocalyptic presence. And the kaiju action we got in the earlier part of the season was cool, they really used the advantages of animation there. Plus, fun characters. Looking forward to season 2.
    It seems the general response is more negative.

An online translator gave the title as 'Movie "After the Great Monster" Super Special Report 2022 Nationwide Release', so it appears to tell the story of the aftermath of a kaiju attack. Interesting premise, and any new kaiju eiga from Japan is welcome.
    Interesting

Interesting
    Found a poster:

Astonishing Member

Another take on Singular Flop I agree with : https://www.cbr.com/godzilla-singula...ience-problem/

I have a science background and BS blather is a bore.

- Nobody seems to die during all this destruction
    I'm almost certain that someone did die. spoilers:
    Professor Li was killed by the Rodan while trying to save that cat (in ep 9 I think). She's seen at the dinner scene the next ep, but I don't think she's seen again and they speak of her in the past tense after that so I think the dinner was a flashback? It was odd, but I think she did die, fwiw
    end of spoilers

Other than that, I thought there was some interesting stuff. I can imagine the mythology behind this reimagination could have been a lot more interesting had it not fallen into the trap a lot of anime writing falls into - which is just pages of pseudo-philosophy/science exposition dump. The last few episodes seemed full of it and maybe something was lost in translation, but it made no sense to me by the end.

It was interesting how the end credits animation used the much more familiar designs for Jet Jaguar and all the kaiju. Was that just an earlier test of their animation or ... a hint of the future? Or just for fun?

Ultimate Member

Today is the 60th anniversary of the release of Mothra (1961). Happy Mothra Day, I guess

Finally got around to watching Singular Point the other night. It was alright, but definitely flawed. It depended a lot on sci-fi semi-technobabble, I'm not really sure if the ending worked narratively for me, and there wasn't near enough Godzilla during it, and what Godzilla there was felt kind of disassociated from the entirety of the plot kind of.

That said, it was still a better viewing experience than GvK in that I didn't want to kick the creatives in the balls for all of time. It's weird, we finally get a modern Godzilla and Kong versus movies and it's awful (imo), and we finally get Godzilla in anime and it's just kind of meh. I guess it's one of those monkey paw situations, be careful what you wish for. I'm done with the MonsterVerse (as much as I hate it GvK was successful, which means any future movie is just going to double down on a direction I hate, and I'm not subjecting myself to that crap again) and I'm not getting excited for any more animated efforts after the anime trilogy films and Singular Point kind of didn't deliver. I'm just gonna rewatch Shin and pray Toho themselves get back into the live action Godzilla film making business sooner rather than later.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Finally got around to watching Singular Point the other night. It was alright, but definitely flawed. It depended a lot on sci-fi semi-technobabble, I'm not really sure if the ending worked narratively for me, and there wasn't near enough Godzilla during it, and what Godzilla there was felt kind of disassociated from the entirety of the plot kind of.

That said, it was still a better viewing experience than GvK in that I didn't want to kick the creatives in the balls for all of time. It's weird, we finally get a modern Godzilla and Kong versus movies and it's awful (imo), and we finally get Godzilla in anime and it's just kind of meh. I guess it's one of those monkey paw situations, be careful what you wish for. I'm done with the MonsterVerse (as much as I hate it GvK was successful, which means any future movie is just going to double down on a direction I hate, and I'm not subjecting myself to that crap again) and I'm not getting excited for any more animated efforts after the anime trilogy films and Singular Point kind of didn't deliver. I'm just gonna rewatch Shin and pray Toho themselves get back into the live action Godzilla film making business sooner rather than later.
    I prefer the Monsterverse to what Toho has recently done, which is to remove any semblance of personality from Godzilla and make a bunch of lifeless human characters. I don't get the love for Shin Godzilla

Is SP a massive departure from the norm for Godzilla? Because I hear a lot of the events causing the daikaiju aren't really at all like what created them in previous films