Page 95 of 101 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1515
  1. #1411
    Silver Sentinel BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    12,309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Oh darn. Well, I'll find out eventually. The trailers showed some kind of big shadowy Rodan so it got me a little hyped at least for that. But some things don't change I guess

    Is JJ an improvement over his previous appearances?
    I really liked this Jet Jaguar. It was the first time he didn't feel like a total joke in long time. Probably the best part of the show, IMHO.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

  2. #1412
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    9,999

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I really liked this Jet Jaguar. It was the first time he didn't feel like a total joke in long time. Probably the best part of the show, IMHO.
    Good to know. Are the rest of the daikaiju portrayed well?

  3. #1413
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,006

    Default

    4 eps in and I've only seen Godzilla for 30 secs just a shadow and tail...ridiculous. The art is beautiful and kept me watching but C'mon now...

  4. #1414
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    9,999

    Default

    How's the music?

  5. #1415
    Silver Sentinel BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    12,309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    How's the music?
    They use a lot of OG themes and sounds.

    When Godzilla shows up in full and goes postal ... the music is amazing.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

  6. #1416
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    9,999

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    They use a lot of OG themes and sounds.

    When Godzilla shows up in full and goes postal ... the music is amazing.
    Cool. I always liked the old roars and other sound effecrs. Although I think the Monsterverse did a good job of giving different types of sounds to the daikaiju

    How's the new music/songs (if any)

  7. #1417
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,540

    Default

    This review totally points out what I thought about the series: https://www.cbr.com/singular-point-not-enough-godzilla/

    It was a total bore.

  8. #1418
    Mighty Member Kai "the spy"'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,610

    Default

    Okay, finally finished Singular Point. And I liked it a lot, actually kind of enjoyed the science talk, and while Big G didn't get that much screen time relatively speaking, his appearance was nicely build towards, and he had a nice apocalyptic presence. And the kaiju action we got in the earlier part of the season was cool, they really used the advantages of animation there. Plus, fun characters. Looking forward to season 2.


    On another matter, this showed up on my YT feed:

    An online translator gave the title as 'Movie "After the Great Monster" Super Special Report 2022 Nationwide Release', so it appears to tell the story of the aftermath of a kaiju attack. Interesting premise, and any new kaiju eiga from Japan is welcome.
    Why does the lesser evil always have to be so great? - Volker Pispers

    #FreeJulian

  9. #1419
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    9,999

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kai "the spy" View Post
    Okay, finally finished Singular Point. And I liked it a lot, actually kind of enjoyed the science talk, and while Big G didn't get that much screen time relatively speaking, his appearance was nicely build towards, and he had a nice apocalyptic presence. And the kaiju action we got in the earlier part of the season was cool, they really used the advantages of animation there. Plus, fun characters. Looking forward to season 2.
    It seems the general response is more negative.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kai "the spy" View Post
    On another matter, this showed up on my YT feed:

    An online translator gave the title as 'Movie "After the Great Monster" Super Special Report 2022 Nationwide Release', so it appears to tell the story of the aftermath of a kaiju attack. Interesting premise, and any new kaiju eiga from Japan is welcome.
    Interesting

  10. #1420
    Mighty Member Kai "the spy"'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,610

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kai "the spy" View Post
    On another matter, this showed up on my YT feed:

    An online translator gave the title as 'Movie "After the Great Monster" Super Special Report 2022 Nationwide Release', so it appears to tell the story of the aftermath of a kaiju attack. Interesting premise, and any new kaiju eiga from Japan is welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Interesting
    Found a poster:
    Why does the lesser evil always have to be so great? - Volker Pispers

    #FreeJulian

  11. #1421
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,540

    Default

    Another take on Singular Flop I agree with : https://www.cbr.com/godzilla-singula...ience-problem/

    I have a science background and BS blather is a bore.

  12. #1422
    Extraordinary Member j9ac9k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    - Nobody seems to die during all this destruction
    I'm almost certain that someone did die. spoilers:
    Professor Li was killed by the Rodan while trying to save that cat (in ep 9 I think). She's seen at the dinner scene the next ep, but I don't think she's seen again and they speak of her in the past tense after that so I think the dinner was a flashback? It was odd, but I think she did die, fwiw
    end of spoilers

    Other than that, I thought there was some interesting stuff. I can imagine the mythology behind this reimagination could have been a lot more interesting had it not fallen into the trap a lot of anime writing falls into - which is just pages of pseudo-philosophy/science exposition dump. The last few episodes seemed full of it and maybe something was lost in translation, but it made no sense to me by the end.

    It was interesting how the end credits animation used the much more familiar designs for Jet Jaguar and all the kaiju. Was that just an earlier test of their animation or ... a hint of the future? Or just for fun?

  13. #1423
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    9,999

    Default

    Today is the 60th anniversary of the release of Mothra (1961). Happy Mothra Day, I guess

  14. #1424
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,719

    Default

    Finally got around to watching Singular Point the other night. It was alright, but definitely flawed. It depended a lot on sci-fi semi-technobabble, I'm not really sure if the ending worked narratively for me, and there wasn't near enough Godzilla during it, and what Godzilla there was felt kind of disassociated from the entirety of the plot kind of.

    That said, it was still a better viewing experience than GvK in that I didn't want to kick the creatives in the balls for all of time. It's weird, we finally get a modern Godzilla and Kong versus movies and it's awful (imo), and we finally get Godzilla in anime and it's just kind of meh. I guess it's one of those monkey paw situations, be careful what you wish for. I'm done with the MonsterVerse (as much as I hate it GvK was successful, which means any future movie is just going to double down on a direction I hate, and I'm not subjecting myself to that crap again) and I'm not getting excited for any more animated efforts after the anime trilogy films and Singular Point kind of didn't deliver. I'm just gonna rewatch Shin and pray Toho themselves get back into the live action Godzilla film making business sooner rather than later.

  15. #1425
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    9,999

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Finally got around to watching Singular Point the other night. It was alright, but definitely flawed. It depended a lot on sci-fi semi-technobabble, I'm not really sure if the ending worked narratively for me, and there wasn't near enough Godzilla during it, and what Godzilla there was felt kind of disassociated from the entirety of the plot kind of.

    That said, it was still a better viewing experience than GvK in that I didn't want to kick the creatives in the balls for all of time. It's weird, we finally get a modern Godzilla and Kong versus movies and it's awful (imo), and we finally get Godzilla in anime and it's just kind of meh. I guess it's one of those monkey paw situations, be careful what you wish for. I'm done with the MonsterVerse (as much as I hate it GvK was successful, which means any future movie is just going to double down on a direction I hate, and I'm not subjecting myself to that crap again) and I'm not getting excited for any more animated efforts after the anime trilogy films and Singular Point kind of didn't deliver. I'm just gonna rewatch Shin and pray Toho themselves get back into the live action Godzilla film making business sooner rather than later.
    I prefer the Monsterverse to what Toho has recently done, which is to remove any semblance of personality from Godzilla and make a bunch of lifeless human characters. I don't get the love for Shin Godzilla

    Is SP a massive departure from the norm for Godzilla? Because I hear a lot of the events causing the daikaiju aren't really at all like what created them in previous films

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •