Page 85 of 114 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1705
    Ultimate Member

I actually didn't enjoy this as much as I thought I would.
    Last edited by Username taken; 03-31-2021 at 09:04 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    basically a colossal waste of time (the human interactions), (but not much time actually) the only human of note was the little girl the rest were a waste of dialog. As for the fight I got what I wanted as a result but the film just like the commercials seemed more Kong-centric putting him in a better great light compassionate et al. Godzilla seems to just be all about being "King of the Monsters" any rival to the throne he has to deal with, which I am fine with but you could tell the difference between Kong's treatment (motivations) and Godzilla's.
    Ok. Tbh I didn't expect the human characters to be great but if they're not then it's good they're at least not in it too much

So Gojira is the main star then?

Astonishing Member

No spoilers from me...but I do think Kong gets more screen time by a lot. G shows up does G things but the plot is more about Kong's journey. For me it is a good flick, though I still prefer KOTM which was more of a Godzilla fan's dream come true movie, this was a very good movie where main characters share equal billing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Ok. Tbh I didn't expect the human characters to be great but if they're not then it's good they're at least not in it too much

So Gojira is the main star then?
    No. Kong is the main character/kaiju.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    No. Kong is the main character/kaiju.
    Ok. As long as Godzilla gets enough screen time. I'll probably watch it soon.

Can we add a SPOILERS tag to this thread? Or make a new GvK SPOILERS one?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Can we add a SPOILERS tag to this thread? Or make a new GvK SPOILERS one?
    I just made a SPOILER topic.

Okay, Godzilla vs. Kong was a goofy, enjoyable time.

Next on the menu: the anime series Godzilla Singular Point, which has already aired its first episodes in Japan and just looks terrific.

Later this year: Shin Ultraman (big budget theatrical reboot of the original '60s show made by the creative team behind Shin Godzilla) and Ultraman Trigger (this year's TV series that ties into the fan-favorite '90s Ultraman shows).

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    Okay, Godzilla vs. Kong was a goofy, enjoyable time.

Next on the menu: the anime series Godzilla Singular Point, which has already aired its first episodes in Japan and just looks terrific.

Later this year: Shin Ultraman (big budget theatrical reboot of the original '60s show made by the creative team behind Shin Godzilla) and Ultraman Trigger (this year's TV series that ties into the fan-favorite '90s Ultraman shows).
    How's the ultraman Netflix show? I haven't watched it.
    Last edited by CosmiComic; 04-01-2021 at 07:49 PM.

^ it's less Ultraman-esque because it's all about hunan-scale fights, but it's good.

Ultimate Member

^ it's less Ultraman-esque because it's all about hunan-scale fights, but it's good.
    Cool. I might check it out.

Speaking of human scale, what do you think about the size of the daikaiju in Singular Point?

^ Fine with it, as it seems they start with smaller threats then build up to bigger monsters as the story progresses. Makes dramatic sense.

All the '90s - '00s Gamera films involve either monsters starting out small before growing or have smaller drone counterparts so the humans can interact more with them before the kaiju stuff in the ending. This is used to great effect. Kong: Skull Island also benefited from a shifting scale of monster sizes.

Ultimate Member

^ Fine with it, as it seems they start with smaller threats then build up to bigger monsters as the story progresses. Makes dramatic sense.

All the '90s - '00s Gamera films involve either monsters starting out small before growing or have smaller drone counterparts so the humans can interact more with them before the kaiju stuff in the ending. This is used to great effect. Kong: Skull Island also benefited from a shifting scale of monster sizes.
    I didn't think of it like that. I just hope guys like Rodan and Angilas/Anguirus/Anzilla aren't too weak next to Godzilla. Showa Rodan could go toe-to-toe with Godzilla!

90's Gamera was the best version! Too bad he doesn't seem to have any upcoming projects

New trailer!

The only differences I can spot are English subtitles, English bumpers, and 2-3 new Godzilla/kaiju shots. Maybe the ring breathe power up shot is new but I think it is from another trailer?
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 04-13-2021 at 11:04 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ultimate Member

Hopeless future? That's dark.

I appreciate the monsters having their old roars, although I liked how MonsterVerse also provided new types of sounds for them. I wonder it this will bring back the old flying sound effects each daikaiju had