Page 74 of 114 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1705

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Several more leaks from test screenings of early VFX and a trailer test(!) ...

Kong punches Godzilla in the throat to stop the death breath on a carrier (so it is a carrier).

Kong shoves a tree down Godzilla's throat.

Kong is smarter than Godzilla and builds a trap to catch him for a beat down.

Godzilla almost kills Kong in their first encounter, prompting Kong to build armor and weapons for their next fight.

Godzilla is being treated as a villain and Kong the hero.
    So...Mechagodzilla is used to frame Godzilla and set up the conflict between the two before they inevitably team-up?

Several more leaks from test screenings of early VFX and a trailer test(!) ...

Kong punches Godzilla in the throat to stop the death breath on a carrier (so it is a carrier).

Kong shoves a tree down Godzilla's throat.

Kong is smarter than Godzilla and builds a trap to catch him for a beat down.

Godzilla almost kills Kong in their first encounter, prompting Kong to build armor and weapons for their next fight.

Godzilla is being treated as a villain and Kong the hero.
    I'm skeptical.

what kind of tree would be big enough for the size that they both will be? there is absolutely no need to recreate that "meme" moment. no!

No need to assert that either beast is "smarter" than the other.

I don't buy that Kong builds armor. with, uh, what? scraps of battleships?

Please don't let there be a "Martha!" moment...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So...Mechagodzilla is used to frame Godzilla and set up the conflict between the two before they inevitably team-up?
    Kind of sounds like a version of a Showa MechaGodzilla to me. Fake Godzilla vs. real Godzilla. But now with more Kong!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I'm skeptical.

what kind of tree would be big enough for the size that they both will be? there is absolutely no need to recreate that "meme" moment. no!

The director has thrown plenty of hints about the tree scene coming back and supposedly that was seen in the test trailer.

As far as trees being big enough, redwoods, some made-up tree on Skull Island, maybe a building or navy ship instead?

Making armor I could see it being from scrounged items, akin to Hulk in TIH making gloves to bash Abomination or how Kong did similar things in Skull Island. It would set him apart from other monsters. Sounds fun to me.

People could make him stuff, too, in order to help win a fight. Either sound fun to me.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

I think the tree thing is just an homage to the the Godzilla vs Kong movie back in the day, Kong did it then, right before he got his lightning/electrical super powers that I didn't realize that were inherent to apes j/k

More news!

- The rumored 3 hour run time has been officially confirmed as false.
    - Rob Zombie is not doing the music but they didn't rule out he might be doing a song.
    - Director said no trailer for the March 31 CinemaCon but he did not rule out a teaser.
    - Director said there will be a winner, no ambiguity, no cliff hanger. He did not rule out a team up but he threw a lot of shade on the idea of a team up. Person note: I took that as this movie is going to be a straight up fight.
    - The writer of Kong vs. Godzilla (who wrote King of the Monsters) said expect lots of story carry over from KotM. He also said Kong will have grown bigger due to external radiation affecting his growth like a plant. He hinted at a possible flashback to the 80s with Mason and James having a cameo, introducing us to a Kong that was growing faster and bigger than his parents. He made it sound like Kong's head will sit at Godzilla's shoulder.
    - More info on the possible Toho homage to Kong vs. Godzilla, it does involve a tree and Kong throws it at G's face, not stuffs it. But then he goes and rams a destroyer down Godzilla's throat.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Not sure how the fans here felt about King of Monsters, but I saw it last night and did not think it was very good. Hated how all the FX was done in soft focus, misty, low light.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

What's the problem with Kong creating armor for himself? I wouldn't mind if he kept upgrading his armor like a battlizer from Power Rangers!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Not sure how the fans here felt about King of Monsters, but I saw it last night and did not think it was very good. Hated how all the FX was done in soft focus, misty, low light.
    So I concede that was an effect attributing to size of what was being seen. Most shots of the monsters were accompanied by large plumes of flames and **** so... ehh, not my biggest gripe with the movie. The last shot at the end was in pretty clear daylight.

I have watched it a couple times on HBO and It gets more glaring many of the shots of King Ghidorah look like SyFy Channel efforts, specially when he's got the upperhand on Godzilla. The Ghidorah VFX team maybe had a tougher job rendering? If I'm making excuses for **** I'm not sure about the nuts and bolts of but one of those Kaiju up close never looked as dope as the others.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

The thing with KG is that in the "LORE" of this movie to cover the partical effects is that basically he creates super thunderstorms whenever he flies....so he's constantly surrounded by wind, rain and lighting
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    The thing with KG is that in the "LORE" of this movie to cover the partical effects is that basically he creates super thunderstorms whenever he flies....so he's constantly surrounded by wind, rain and lighting
    An excuse they invented to cover bad FX.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    So I concede that was an effect attributing to size of what was being seen. Most shots of the monsters were accompanied by large plumes of flames and **** so... ehh, not my biggest gripe with the movie. The last shot at the end was in pretty clear daylight.

I have watched it a couple times on HBO and It gets more glaring many of the shots of King Ghidorah look like SyFy Channel efforts, specially when he's got the upperhand on Godzilla. The Ghidorah VFX team maybe had a tougher job rendering? If I'm making excuses for **** I'm not sure about the nuts and bolts of but one of those Kaiju up close never looked as dope as the others.
    Yeah the very last shot. But that didn't make up for the rest of the FX. Kong Skull Island managed FX in daylight. As for Ghidorah, I think they were trying to give it the feel of the Japanese movies, so there was a little "heads on wires" effect. Shin Godzilla did a much better job of giving the monsters a "man in a suit" look. But then Shi was so much better than these. I would loose both of these if we could get more Shin movies.

Yeah the very last shot. But that didn't make up for the rest of the FX. Kong Skull Island managed FX in daylight. As for Ghidorah, I think they were trying to give it the feel of the Japanese movies, so there was a little "heads on wires" effect. Shin Godzilla did a much better job of giving the monsters a "man in a suit" look. But then Shi was so much better than these. I would loose both of these if we could get more Shin movies.
    He's doing a Shin Ultraman FWIW.

I enjoyed KotM for what it was and I enjoy giant monster movies. I don't really see your complaints about the VFX but I also don't run my TV on that new standard motion blur thing that makes all VFX look like SyFy channel crap from the 90s. You may want to change your TV settings if you like VFX laden movies.

Shin Godzilla is my favorite G film now and it was the first one to capture the feel of Gojira. It's an excellent movie, not just an excellent Godzilla movie.

He's doing a Shin Ultraman FWIW.

I enjoyed KotM for what it was and I enjoy giant monster movies. I don't really see your complaints about the VFX but I also don't run my TV on that new standard motion blur thing that makes all VFX look like SyFy channel crap from the 90s. You may want to change your TV settings if you like VFX laden movies.

Shin Godzilla is my favorite G film now and it was the first one to capture the feel of Gojira. It's an excellent movie, not just an excellent Godzilla movie.

Nothing to do with my TV, All the monster fights were done in rain or smoke or mist with low light. No daytime scenes like in Kong. This is a beef of mine with many FX movies, but this one was particularly bad.
    The thing about Ghidorah, I was just replying to another poster and musing about it.

Looking forward to Shin Ultraman.

But then Shi was so much better than these. I would loose both of these if we could get more Shin movies.

Really? When I think of Shin I think of Ed Hardy jeans and mouth with 5 thousand snarling teeth. I'm about an open mind on certain things though, maybe I'll check one out. I still say the 2016 Taco Bell version is the best realized Godzilla fwiw.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I'm skeptical.

I agree with alot of that but I think Kong should be smarter. Godzilla is bound to be bigger and stronger. They both might be mythological but one is based on a lizard and the other an Ape. The ape should be smarter.