Page 101 of 114 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1705
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I have. And I'd rather they just stay separate.
    I just want good movies, whether they're crossovers or not. For me, it depends on which characters are crossing over. Some work, but some don't

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I just want good movies, whether they're crossovers or not. For me, it depends on which characters are crossing over. Some work, but some don't
    And after GvK, I don't think a Godzilla vs Gamera would work. But your mileage may vary.

Ultimate Member

And after GvK, I don't think a Godzilla vs Gamera would work. But your mileage may vary.
    Well, I'd just like a good Gamera movie period. For me, it would be something like the Heisei movies, but modernized. I wouldn't mind seeing some daikaiju return, like Barugon and Gyaos, but I'd also like some new ones.

Well, I'd just like a good Gamera movie period. For me, it would be something like the Heisei movies, but modernized. I wouldn't mind seeing some daikaiju return, like Barugon and Gyaos, but I'd also like some new ones.
    Agreed, it's been so long since we've had a Gamera movie. The 2015 "trailer" was nice but I need more. I could go for either a Heisei like movie or a more Friend to All Children approach - I know you don't like it, but I thought Gamera The Brave was good. So either way is good for me if we get a good film. And I'm good with either new or returning monsters, but NO GYAOS! They're good, but overdone. They appeared in two of the Heisei films, the intro scene for The Brave, and the 2015 trailer. Personal opinion? Guiron with modern effects would be a silly yet wonderfully awesome sight!

Ultimate Member

Agreed, it's been so long since we've had a Gamera movie. The 2015 "trailer" was nice but I need more. I could go for either a Heisei like movie or a more Friend to All Children approach - I know you don't like it, but I thought Gamera The Brave was good. So either way is good for me if we get a good film. And I'm good with either new or returning monsters, but NO GYAOS! They're good, but overdone. They appeared in two of the Heisei films, the intro scene for The Brave, and the 2015 trailer. Personal opinion? Guiron with modern effects would be a silly yet wonderfully awesome sight!
    The only showa monster I really like is Barugon, but that may be more the portrayals than the design. Guiron could work with a redesign. I think Knifehead from Pacific Rim is similar to what I'm thinking. Gyaos is overused so I don't need to see them too soon.

The only showa monster I really like is Barugon, but that may be more the portrayals than the design. Guiron could work with a redesign. I think Knifehead from Pacific Rim is similar to what I'm thinking. Gyaos is overused so I don't need to see them too soon.
    Nah - texture or something to make it look less suit-like sure, but I'd hate for them to try and make it look grounded and "realistic"/less silly. Some of these films need to go in the opposite direction.

Ultimate Member

Nah - texture or something to make it look less suit-like sure, but I'd hate for them to try and make it look grounded and "realistic"/less silly. Some of these films need to go in the opposite direction.
    I don't mean exactly like Knifehead, but just less hokey looking than the old versions. I like most of the recent Godzilla designs we've seen in the past decade, so I wouldn't mind Gamera following that to some degree while still being its own thing.

I don't mean exactly like Knifehead, but just less hokey looking than the old versions. I like most of the recent Godzilla designs we've seen in the past decade, so I wouldn't mind Gamera following that to some degree while still being its own thing.
    Depends on what you mean by hokey. If you mean obvious suit material, sure. If you mean it needs to look like it walked out of Pacific Rim of MonsterVerse, I'd still rather it be hokey then. We kind of have had a lot of "realism" lately in this space so something that goes in the opposite direction would be fun now I think.

Ultimate Member

Depends on what you mean by hokey. If you mean obvious suit material, sure. If you mean it needs to look like it walked out of Pacific Rim of MonsterVerse, I'd still rather it be hokey then. We kind of have had a lot of "realism" lately in this space so something that goes in the opposite direction would be fun now I think.
    I'm not talking about realism. I'd just like Guiron to actually look like a threat. Even goofy Godzilla enemies can be dangerous

I'm not talking about realism. I'd just like Guiron to actually look like a threat. Even goofy Godzilla enemies can be dangerous
    ...he's literally a kaiju sized cleaver with a razor edge and he can control a couple giant shuriken with his mind. How is he not clearly a threat? He's the most obviously visually dangerous kaiju outside of Gigan.

Ultimate Member

...he's literally a kaiju sized cleaver with a razor edge and he can control a couple giant shuriken with his mind. How is he not clearly a threat? He's the most obviously visually dangerous kaiju outside of Gigan.
    It's more how stiff he is. But that might just be the old suit. A modern redesign could keep those elements you listed while removing the drawbacks.

Tbh, Gigan looks dangerous, and he does cause Godzilla to bleed, but has he ever proven to be a major threat? Godzilla trounces him in every match up.

It's more how stiff he is. But that might just be the old suit. A modern redesign could keep those elements you listed while removing the drawbacks.

Tbh, Gigan looks dangerous, and he does cause Godzilla to bleed, but has he ever proven to be a major threat? Godzilla trounces him in every match up.
    For Gigan I was just talking visually. He's visibly the most dangerous and offensive threat - the story though just doesn't pan it out.

Ultimate Member

For Gigan I was just talking visually. He's visibly the most dangerous and offensive threat - the story though just doesn't pan it out.
    Yeah, visibly he's insane. He's a cybernetic chicken dinosaur with a 1000 blades. You can't beat that! So he should and sometimes does harm Godzilla a lot. But IMO, it never feels like a battle of equals, unlike when Godzilla fights Mothra or Rodan in some version. I think it would've helped if Godzilla vs Gigan was just those 2 monsters. Godzilla would still win, but Gigan would have more of a chance to show off his abilities and actually pose a threat to Godzilla. I'd like to see something like for Gigan in the future.

Yeah, visibly he's insane. He's a cybernetic chicken dinosaur with a 1000 blades. You can't beat that! So he should and sometimes does harm Godzilla a lot. But IMO, it never feels like a battle of equals, unlike when Godzilla fights Mothra or Rodan in some version. I think it would've helped if Godzilla vs Gigan was just those 2 monsters. Godzilla would still win, but Gigan would have more of a chance to show off his abilities and actually pose a threat to Godzilla. I'd like to see something like for Gigan in the future.
    Rodan hasn't been an equal since like the 90's Heisei era. He only showed up once in the Millennium era during Final Wars and was not on Godzilla's level. Legendary's got beat by Ghidorah and became his beta, nearly got killed by Mothra, then bowed to Godzilla cowardly at the end. Singular Point's was one shotted by that Godzilla. And there's a new ride in Japan where he gets one shotted by Ghidorah.

Ultimate Member

Rodan hasn't been an equal since like the 90's Heisei era. He only showed up once in the Millennium era during Final Wars and was not on Godzilla's level. Legendary's got beat by Ghidorah and became his beta, nearly got killed by Mothra, then bowed to Godzilla cowardly at the end. Singular Point's was one shotted by that Godzilla. And there's a new ride in Japan where he gets one shotted by Ghidorah.
    I mean the Showa era. Tbh, I don't like Rodan being consistently downgraded since the 90s. Originally he could keep up with Godzilla