Page 107 of 114 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 1705

I wonder if Serizawa will be in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    ^ Yeah, the dream sequence he put in a movie almost two decades ago looks like a pilot for this movie; vaguely similar design, postwar setting. This guy has been unwavering in his dream Godzilla movie and has been working towards it... his whole career?
    Kinda heartwarming thought, here's hoping his dream project is a good dream for the rest of us too!

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

That trailer looks amazing! Can't wait for this.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

I'm totally fine with all of Anno/Higuchi's Shin films being standalone. Godzilla and Ultraman felt so self contained and complete, and satisfyingly so - only Shin Kamen Rider left of with me wanting to see a sequel to see where it went.
    Agreed. Shin Godzilla and Ultraman felt complete after watching both movies.

I didn't see Kamen Rider yet (although I want to.). Always watched Super Sentai but never gave Kamen Rider a try. Watching Kamen Rider Black as my first experience and really enjoying it. Once I'm done that season, trying to decide whether to check out the first Kamen Rider Season, the sequels to Black or Shin Kamen Rider next
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 07-14-2023 at 06:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if Serizawa will be in it.
    Maybe have "Steve Martin" appear too.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post

I didn't see Kamen Rider yet (although I want to.). Always watched Super Sentai but never gave Kamen Rider a try. Watching Kamen Rider Black as my first experience and really enjoying it. Once I'm done that season, trying to decide whether to check out the first Kamen Rider Season, the sequels to Black or Shin Kamen Rider next
    I've also recently been getting into Rider! I recommend Kuuga.

Anyway, the craziest thing about the Godzilla Minus One announcement is that apparently Toho is distributing the film in the US... by themselves? After 70 years of licensing these movies to dozens of different studios are we to assume that from now on we're getting them directly from Toho?!

I've also recently been getting into Rider! I recommend Kuuga.

Anyway, the craziest thing about the Godzilla Minus One announcement is that apparently Toho is distributing the film in the US... by themselves? After 70 years of licensing these movies to dozens of different studios are we to assume that from now on we're getting them directly from Toho?!
    Doesn’t Toho have an office here now?

^ Well, they've always had at least an office for licensing and whatnot, but they've been expanding as of late. Mostly that's been evidenced by the amount of Godzilla merchandise we've gotten in the last few years.

So pumped it's coming to the US without some limited run BS.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Maybe have "Steve Martin" appear too.
    That one's always made me laugh. I just keep picturing him in a Godzilla movie, rather than Burr. In a white suit for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    That one's always made me laugh. I just keep picturing him in a Godzilla movie, rather than Burr. In a white suit for some reason.
    Slinging a banjo.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    I never understood this. Clear sequel bait ending, the knowledge Godzilla's gonna "thaw out" eventually, and Japan's fate is still held on a precipice the moment he does, yet 99% of the fandom screams "complete, do not sequel!" I just don't get it.

At this point I don't argue with it because the people who never want a sequel to Shin have obviously and sadly won, but I don't understand their argument in the slightest. I think "complete" is used more as a "I personally don't want a sequel" than as an actual statement on whether it has plenty of loose ends it can pick up on in a sequel.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I never understood this. Clear sequel bait ending, the knowledge Godzilla's gonna "thaw out" eventually, and Japan's fate is still held on a precipice the moment he does, yet 99% of the fandom screams "complete, do not sequel!" I just don't get it.

At this point I don't argue with it because the people who never want a sequel to Shin have obviously and sadly won, but I don't understand their argument in the slightest. I think "complete" is used more as a "I personally don't want a sequel" than as an actual statement on whether it has plenty of loose ends it can pick up on in a sequel.
    I'm with you, I was really interested in seeing what those things coming out of his tail were.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Astonishing Member

Shin was going to move and the USAF was going to nuke it - not really a complete story line. Since Shin was not invulnerable to higher level conventional attacks I was wondering what a nuke would do to it.

Shin had a complete story and the ending wasn't a cliffhanger, just a "did humanity really win?" Stab.

That being said, I'd be lying if I said I didn't want a sequel.