Page 12 of 114 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Anyone else enjoy the fighting game for GameCube? And I got soooo amped when Godzilla roared in the theater
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Have I mentioned how great the Daimajin movies are? It's a trilogy of films that combines two of Japan's specialties: samurai period pieces and kaiju films. Excellent, but don't expect Daimajin to show up before the third act (and samurai are cool on their own, so you'll be entertained before the monster shows up).

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    Have I mentioned how great the Daimajin movies are? It's a trilogy of films that combines two of Japan's specialties: samurai period pieces and kaiju films. Excellent, but don't expect Daimajin to show up before the third act (and samurai are cool on their own, so you'll be entertained before the monster shows up).
    What are the titles of the films in the trilogy?

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Aside from Tokyo, San Francisco seems to be the city that has suffered the most Godzilla stompings.

1. GODZILLA # 3 (Marvel, 1977): Godzilla battles the Champions and S.H.I.E.L.D. in SF. The Golden Gate Bridge is smashed during the melee.

2. Hanna Barbera GODZILLA POWER HOUR TV series (1978): Godzilla battles the Eartheater monster in SF. Golden Gate Bridge totaled again.

3. GODZILLA SAVE THE EARTH video game (2002): one of the combat scenarios available is San Francisco; I forget if the Golden Gate Bridge is fair game for destruction, though the Transamerica Pyramid certainly is.

4. GODZILLA (2014): Godzilla battles M.U.T.O.s in SF. Golden Gate Bridge is...well, you get the idea.

Second Runner Up after Tokyo and San Francisco must be New York City:

1. DESTROY ALL MONSTERS (1968): Kilaak aliens mind-control Godzilla and send him to attack New York City; Godzilla uses his atomic breath on the UN Headquarters skyscraper.

2. GODZILLA # 23-24 (Marvel, 1979): Godzilla battles the Avengers, the Fantastic Four, S.H.I.E.L.D. and the NYPD in the Big Apple, nearly bringing down the Empire State Building in the process. Spider-Man arrives to get a crappy photo of the end of the battle.

3. GODZILLA (1998 Tri-Star film): Zilla loose in the Big Apple. Killed by armed forces on Brooklyn Bridge.

Third Runner Up: San Diego, CA (!)

1. GODZILLA # 7-8 (Marvel, 1977-1978): Godzilla battles Red Ronin at a military facility (Miramar Air Station?) near San Diego, and in the San Diego Naval Shipyard.

2. GODZILLA VS. HERO ZERO (Dark Horse, 1993): Godzilla and Dark Horse superhero "Hero Zero" battle at the site of San Diego Comic Con, 1993!

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I meant continuities, not eras. As in Mecha G ended the S.O.S. continuity.

Hopefully that's not the order because S.O.S. is a direct sequel to Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla.
    It isn't. The last franchise ended with Final Wars, and Mecha G didn't even make an appearance in the film.
    I co-host a podcast about comics. Mostly it's X-Men comics of the 90's.

Billy and Dan Read Comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Aside from Tokyo, San Francisco seems to be the city that has suffered the most Godzilla stompings.

1. GODZILLA # 3 (Marvel, 1977): Godzilla battles the Champions and S.H.I.E.L.D. in SF. The Golden Gate Bridge is smashed during the melee.

2. Hanna Barbera GODZILLA POWER HOUR TV series (1978): Godzilla battles the Eartheater monster in SF. Golden Gate Bridge totaled again.

3. GODZILLA SAVE THE EARTH video game (2002): one of the combat scenarios available is San Francisco; I forget if the Golden Gate Bridge is fair game for destruction, though the Transamerica Pyramid certainly is.

4. GODZILLA (2014): Godzilla battles M.U.T.O.s in SF. Golden Gate Bridge is...well, you get the idea.

Second Runner Up after Tokyo and San Francisco must be New York City:

1. DESTROY ALL MONSTERS (1968): Kilaak aliens mind-control Godzilla and send him to attack New York City; Godzilla uses his atomic breath on the UN Headquarters skyscraper.

2. GODZILLA # 23-24 (Marvel, 1979): Godzilla battles the Avengers, the Fantastic Four, S.H.I.E.L.D. and the NYPD in the Big Apple, nearly bringing down the Empire State Building in the process. Spider-Man arrives to get a crappy photo of the end of the battle.

3. GODZILLA (1998 Tri-Star film): Zilla loose in the Big Apple. Killed by armed forces on Brooklyn Bridge.

Third Runner Up: San Diego, CA (!)

1. GODZILLA # 7-8 (Marvel, 1977-1978): Godzilla battles Red Ronin at a military facility (Miramar Air Station?) near San Diego, and in the San Diego Naval Shipyard.

2. GODZILLA VS. HERO ZERO (Dark Horse, 1993): Godzilla and Dark Horse superhero "Hero Zero" battle at the site of San Diego Comic Con, 1993!

Adding to your list ...

Osaka was sacked in Raids Again and vs. Biollante. New York City was also destroyed in Final Wars. Paris was also smashed in Destroy All Monsters and Final Wars.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Calighoula View Post
    What are the titles of the films in the trilogy?
    Daimajin, Return of Daimajin, and Daimajin Strikes Again. They're all available on a really good (and fairly cheap) Blu-Ray set from the same company that's released the Gamera movies on Blu.

The Yokai movies was another really cool series from that studio that combined samurai period piece and monster movie. They're our of print here in the US, but fairly easy to find used.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Has Godzilla attacked Vancouver and Orlando yet? Because if he has, it means a giant monster from the Godzilla franchise has now pretty much attacked every major city I've ever been to
    Last edited by Hilden B. Lade; 05-26-2014 at 09:19 AM.

Whoa, that's a hell of a stalker you got there Hilden! Hope you don't ever visit my hometown.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    Has Godzilla attacked Vancouver and Orlando yet? Because if he has, it means a giant monster from the Godzilla franchise has now pretty much attacked every major city I've ever been to
    In the IDW series Godzilla was in Vancouver.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GrifterWC View Post
    In the IDW series Godzilla was in Vancouver.
    Hilden, will you tell where you going whenever you move around the world please?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Due to Godzilla's aquatic nature, he tends to stick close to the coasts even when he does make landfall, but Marvel's GODZILLA comic strangely took him inland in the continental U.S....as far inland as *Colorado*.

During the first eight issues of the Marvel GODZILLA title, Godzilla stuck close to the U.S. Pacific Coast...Alaska (both the mainland and the Aleutians), Seattle, San Francisco, and San Diego. After San Diego, however, Godzilla turned inland and got as far as Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon. The Betan aliens then shanghaied him to Salt Lake City, Utah (by way of the Betans' base on Earth's moon) to battle the Mega Monsters, but then Godzilla went on to wander farther east into Colorado before S.H.I.E.L.D. caught up to him, used Henry Pym's shrink gas to downsize him, and transported him to New York City, from which Godzilla would eventually leave the U.S. by way of the Atlantic Ocean. Still, I never thought that Godzilla's eastward passage into Nevada, Arizona, Utah, and Colorado made much sense consider his aquatic/amphibious nature.

Last edited by Buried Alien; 05-28-2014 at 01:17 PM.

Due to Godzilla's aquatic nature, he tends to stick close to the coasts even when he does make landfall, but Marvel's GODZILLA comic strangely took him inland in the continental U.S....as far inland as *Colorado*.

During the first eight issues of the Marvel GODZILLA title, Godzilla stuck close to the U.S. Pacific Coast...Alaska (both the mainland and the Aleutians), Seattle, San Francisco, and San Diego. After San Diego, however, Godzilla turned inland and got as far as Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon. The Betan aliens then shanghaied him to Salt Lake City, Utah (by way of the Betans' base on Earth's moon) to battle the Mega Monsters, but then Godzilla went on to wander farther east into Colorado before S.H.I.E.L.D. caught up to him, used Henry Pym's shrink gas to downsize him, and transport him to New York City, from which Godzilla would eventually leave the U.S. by way of the Atlantic Ocean. Still, I never thought that Godzilla's eastward passage into Nevada, Arizona, Utah, and Colorado made much sense consider his aquatic/amphibious nature.

It was comics, from what the 70's or 80's? If you want him to interact with more than just Namor, Big G kind of had to rumble inland. I guess. Never read those comics, are they any good?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    It was comics, from what the 70's or 80's? If you want him to interact with more than just Namor, Big G kind of had to rumble inland. I guess. Never read those comics, are they any good?
    It was lots of fun. Marvel even collected all twenty-four original issues into an ESSENTIALS collection back in 2006.

It was lots of fun. Marvel even collected all twenty-four original issues into an ESSENTIALS collection back in 2006.

If it's on Amazon I might just have to put that on my wish list...
    Thanks.