Page 25 of 114 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast
    Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    the director for Godzilla Resurgence is Hideki Anno aka the guy who created Evangelion

Im sure that answers your question
    Indeed in does, forgot to do on search on the creators of the movie so thanks for that info.

I am glad he entered this into his godzilla movie, it is an iconic visual of Mankind's Might trying to in very unsuccessful terms, trying to beat-back against a foe that is beyond them and the persitional might of Mankind's weapons in this pursuit.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    the director for Godzilla Resurgence is Hideki Anno aka the guy who created Evangelion

Im sure that answers your question

Noooooooo!!!

So this movie will have people complain about their feeling for 90 minutes then there one cool fight scene?

Astonishing Member

Well, the recent American movie was crazy dad who is not believed, Muto strolling, soldier saves kid, misses his wife - and then a little Big G.

The military in the clip was pleasing, at least they hit him. Usually the Japanese SDFs miss him with most of the ordnance.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    Noooooooo!!!

So this movie will have people complain about their feeling for 90 minutes then there one cool fight scene?
    IDK... This one looks to have enough Godzilla bashing things to take care of any boredom issues.
    My Monthly Pulls - DC: Waiting for Deathstroke and Vigilante. Marvel: Moon Knight. The Vision, Waiting for Solo. Valiant: Bloodshot Reborn, Ninjak, Divinity III Stalinverse, Bloodshot USA event, Waiting for PSI Lords. Why aren't you reading Valiant and other Indies too?

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    Noooooooo!!!

Anno was going through a lot of shit during Evangelion though. This is guy who made Nadia before that and the live-action Cutie Honey film after.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

I'm just throwing this out there, but the Godzilla films as a whole, have the best music. So many great soundtracks.

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    I'm just throwing this out there, but the Godzilla films as a whole, have the best music. So many great soundtracks.
    Akira Ifukube is one of the most talented composers ever. It's a criminal shame he never got more work in American films.
    My Monthly Pulls - DC: Waiting for Deathstroke and Vigilante. Marvel: Moon Knight. The Vision, Waiting for Solo. Valiant: Bloodshot Reborn, Ninjak, Divinity III Stalinverse, Bloodshot USA event, Waiting for PSI Lords. Why aren't you reading Valiant and other Indies too?

Evangelion does take some influence from Kaiju after all-that's sort of what the angels kind of are (although much freakier-looking than the usual reptilian or insect based Godzilla monsters).

I kind of like that they're also sort of returning to the more Mamallian Godzilla of the 50's and 80s-90s series, with the face sort of taking on the look of a lion. The 60s-70s, Millenium Godzilla and the American versions are kind of more reptilian/Dinosaurish.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 04-15-2016 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman X View Post
    Akira Ifukube is one of the most talented composers ever. It's a criminal shame he never got more work in American films.
    Indeed!

His music is amazing.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman X View Post
    He's up there with John Williams IMO
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

With Anno directing this, maybe we'll actually have some interesting human characters, instead of just filler while we wait for the monster to show up.

There better be an announcement for the last Evangelion movie attached to this. Goddammit Anno, hurry up.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    With Anno directing this, maybe we'll actually have some interesting human characters, instead of just filler while we wait for the monster to show up.
    That's one of the reasons I think the '60s Godzilla movies were the best: the human characters were often as entertaining as the monsters. It's also a big reason I think the Gamera movies of the '90s and '00s are superior to the Godzilla movies of that era.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    That's one of the reasons I think the '60s Godzilla movies were the best: the human characters were often as entertaining as the monsters. It's also a big reason I think the Gamera movies of the '90s and '00s are superior to the Godzilla movies of that era.
    I like the 90s and 00s human characters for the most part. I've never really understood the opposition to them, or why the dubs tend to cut big chunks of them out.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

^There are a few exceptions. Example: Spacegodzilla might be a dud of a film, but Yuki is probably the best character in the entire Heisei series.

But I still think they really pale in comparison to the Showa Series human characters and the modern Gamera ones, who I find more interesting and far better integrated into the stories with the monsters. Aaron Taylor Johnson got a lot of flack for Godzilla '14, and while he was passive to the point of dullness for a lot of the runtime I thought he was used marvelously in the finale as he and the soldiers scrambled to complete their mission literally under the monster's feet while they were fighting.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Captain Gordon, from Final Wars, is a guilty pleasure as a character as is a lot of stuff from that movie as far as characters from the last batch of Big G movies go.