Page 29 of 114 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979 ... LastLast

Did you see it? Nearest showing is an hour from me.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

There were like three theaters with showings near me... but Fandango isn't listing any showings for tomorrow or Saturday, the times that I could see them.

Well, I'll be dutifully waiting for the Blu-Ray (however far off that may be) in the case I can't catch it in theaters.
    Last edited by Hilden B. Lade; 10-13-2016 at 08:05 AM.

Definetly worth seeing in the theater, but be prepared to keep up: this film bombards you with information. I'm seeing it again tonight and looking forward to catching stuff I missed the first time.

SPOILERS

The movie itself, at least for the first 2/3rds, is a high energy mashup of government satire and insane giant monster scenes, climaxing with one of the all-time great Godzilla sequences as the Japanese and US throw everything they have at Godzilla. The final third slows down a bit as everyone hunkers down to truly deal with the problem. This change in pacing is the film's main detriment, but its not a dealbreaker, and the final showdown is neat. It's a wild but totally logical anti-Godzilla plan

Saw it again last night! If you want to see it time's running out. Some theaters only have two showings left: a Saturday matinee and Tuesday evening.

US screening expansion! 200 theaters will get another Saturday matinee, and a select few cities will get a week of daily screenings up 'till the 27th:

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2...ru-october-27/

I thought it was pretty good. Easily the closest in tone to Gojira.

I liked the new "powers" and how they combined practical, suitmation, and CGI. It looked nice. And boy was he big!

I hope we get a sequel with the new one fighting some other kaiju.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Incredible Member

Author Marc Cerasini talks about the lost book in the Random House series of Godzilla novels, GODZILLA & THE LOST CONTINENT.

Today is Godzilla's 62nd birthday!

Anybody got any plans? I plan on watching the original with me son tonight after homework!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

^I'm gonna watch a movie, but I'm having a little difficulty choosing between one that I didn't already watch in my pre-Shin marathoning!

Astonishing Member

When can we get CDs, etc. of the movie?

^You mean when will we get Shin Godzilla on home video in North America? Sometime next year, probably. It's theatrical run in Japan just ended and we don't know when it'll be released on DVD/Blu-Ray there. They'll likely want a buffer space between the Japanese release and our's because the differences in home video industries means Japanese releases are much more expensive, and if we and Japan got the movie at the same time Japanese fans would simply import the cheaper American disc.

In Japan the Blu-Ray set of the Gamera trilogy is hundreds of dollars, so no doubt many fans have simply imported the American release... which commonly goes for $10.

BTW, it seems the Gamera Trilogy Blu-Ray set may be going out of print, so if you don't already have it: get it! You need these movies!

... considering the set commonly went for $10 and was so widely available (occupying the bargain rack of even the smallest Blu-Ray section at various retailers) it likely won't become too hard to find anytime soon - but still: need it!

BANNED

Via Brie Larson and Tom Hiddleston on Twitter:
    IMG_20161116_130037.jpg

IMG_20161116_130030.jpg

BANNED

Bigger thumbs:

BANNED