Page 30 of 114 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080 ... LastLast

^Great poster! Cool retro vibe to that.

New trailer for Kong

The comedy caught me off guard, but I love that it's there. Makes this stand out from the other Kong films a bit. Kong is bipedal again, which is a nice change-up from Peter Jackson's take.

I like Bipedal Kong, too. They show too much in the trailer, but that seems the norm now. Reilly's out of place, though. When he shows up, it feels like a trailer for a different film...

Astonishing Member

I'll disagree. I like ape-like Kong. Bipedal Kong brings back memories of rubber suit Gozilla and Kong.

Incredible Member

Bipedal Kong reminds me of 1933 Kong. Even has clear design inspirations from that version. All which I like.

Mighty Member

Kong vs Godzilla. The biggest fight in the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Calighoula View Post
    ^Great poster! Cool retro vibe to that.
    Like how that new trailer shows the color scheme is basically like that poster. That sure was a nice surprise.

Skull Island looks wild. Cast is tremendously exciting (John C. Reilly!), the eye-popping color and real-world location footage looks great, and seeing the menagerie of monsters makes me happy they decided to move away from straight dinosaurs this time and go with beasties that are as mythically weird as Kong himself.

... and hero Kong!

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Saw Shin Godzilla for the second time, at a second run theater. Those transitional forms are so great. I love the aquatic-animal eyes. Godzilla mounting the building until it collapses is almost adorable, except, you know, people are clearly dying.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Saw Shin Godzilla for the second time, at a second run theater. Those transitional forms are so great. I love the aquatic-animal eyes. Godzilla mounting the building until it collapses is almost adorable, except, you know, people are clearly dying.
    Was this released in America? I missed it. Hopefully it will soon come to Netflix, Amazon or Cable.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    Was this released in America? I missed it. Hopefully it will soon come to Netflix, Amazon or Cable.
    It got a very brief run in America, and as I understand it. I think the contracts for the American movies prevented risking a wider theatrical release.

I'd actually forgotten about that, or I might've used more spoiler tags.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Shin Godzilla had a limited wide release in the US: over 400 theaters, but with only a handful of dates over the course of a week. An extra showing after that week was added for some theaters, and a couple of theaters (in big cities) got daily showings for a week or so after that. All said and done, this transpired from the beginning to the end of October.

The Japanese home video release will be in March, so I suppose our version will be sometime after that. We're in the same region as their's for Blu-Ray, so we may be looking at a bit of a delay so that our cheaper release (Japanese home video prices are really high because it's mostly a rental market) won't compete with their domestic one.

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    Shin Godzilla had a limited wide release in the US: over 400 theaters, but with only a handful of dates over the course of a week. An extra showing after that week was added for some theaters, and a couple of theaters (in big cities) got daily showings for a week or so after that. All said and done, this transpired from the beginning to the end of October.

The Japanese home video release will be in March, so I suppose our version will be sometime after that. We're in the same region as their's for Blu-Ray, so we may be looking at a bit of a delay so that our cheaper release (Japanese home video prices are really high because it's mostly a rental market) won't compete with their domestic one.
    The estimate I saw for a full US home release today was around Christmas 2017.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I'm guessing early Autumn. As a matter of fact, I think it'll just about coincide with the release of the Godzilla anime in the US... if Funimation releases it like they did Shin, and considering the success of Shin, why not?

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

If you're traveling this holiday season, some Delta airlines flights have Shin Godzilla included on the in-flight movies. That's how I finally saw it, though apparently this version has been edited for content (don't know in what ways) and I noticed some grammatical errors in the subtitles.

Can't wait for the Blu-ray release (gaaaah) so I can enjoy the film without the drawbacks of airline screens and audio. I'm wondering how the next live-action Toho Godzilla can top what we got here, assuming we get a direct sequel and not something like the Millennium G-films where every installment except one discarded the continuity of the previous one.

We got some small Godzilla 2 (2019) news as well: It's been renamed Godzilla: King of the Monsters
    Last edited by Hilden B. Lade; 12-16-2016 at 08:10 AM.