Page 32 of 114 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast

Dougherty says the press release title was a typo, and it's actually: "Godzilla: King of the Monsters."

Almost the same title as the Americanized version of the original film, but the punctuation is different. The 1956 movie starring Raymond Burr was titled: "Godzilla, King of the Monsters!"

A comma and exclamation point of difference!

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

I already know Hideaki Anno, The Director of Shin Godzilla was the Director of the Legendary Anime Evangelion and by watching allot of the Clips of Shin Godzilla the Evengelion Influence was All-Over the Place and just made the movie more deep and EPIC IMO with the clips I have seen so far!

Here is a Video I found that did The Visual Similarities Between Shin Godzilla to Evengelion, it is Quite Amazing!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

It all comes full circle, since Anno is an old-school kaiju fan and Eva was, in some ways, his version of Ultraman.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    It all comes full circle, since Anno is an old-school kaiju fan and Eva was, in some ways, his version of Ultraman.
    What I always liked about what Anno did with the Visuals and Story of Evangelion was is was like a Long-Sonita of a Futile Effort at the Avoiding of the Inevitable.

The In-movable Forces that will Raise the Earth despite ALL of Mans Efforts to Defend itself, it is Basically an Operatic Version of Going out Swing with Shakespearean Tragedy to it all in his Evangelion Story.

With what I have seen of Shin Godzilla, it is the Very Much the Same Ideal and I LOVE that Vision Anno Gives us for Shin Godzilla, it was a Vision of Godzilla of this Style of Godzilla was Made for!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    What I always liked about what Anno did with the Visuals and Story of Evangelion was is was like a Long-Sonita of a Futile Effort at the Avoiding of the Inevitable.

The In-movable Forces that will Raise the Earth despite ALL of Mans Efforts to Defend itself, it is Basically an Operatic Version of Going out Swing with Shakespearean Tragedy to it all in his Evangelion Story.

With what I have seen of Shin Godzilla, it is the Very Much the Same Ideal and I LOVE that Vision Anno Gives us for Shin Godzilla, it was a Vision of Godzilla of this Style of Godzilla was Made for!

Isn't that the theme to The Young & The Restless ?

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by The One and Only View Post
    Isn't that the theme to The Young & The Restless ?
    Sounds bite like it does it not, LOL , but No it is FROM Evanglion, here is a different Version but still the same song;

Well, this weekend Kong: Skull Island (in my opinion easily the best non-Japanese King Kong flick since the original) re-kicked of Legendary Picture's MonsterVerse, with the promise of many more American kaiju movies to come. Yes, by all means stay 'till the end of the credits.

We should be getting some concrete info about the Godzilla anime film by the end of this month.

Yes, it is imperative fans stay through the end of the credits. I thoroughly enjoyed Skull Island. So many good things to come, I hope
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

We'll be able to see the Godzilla anime film pretty soon: Netflix will distribute it worldwide after its Japanese theatrical release!

http://augustragone.blogspot.com/201...-godzilla.html

Really loved Kong: Skull Island. A completely different flavor of monster film than 2014's Godzilla and Shin Godzilla. More in line tonally with Pacific Rim, but with influences that I know better.

We'll be able to see the Godzilla anime film pretty soon: Netflix will distribute it worldwide after its Japanese theatrical release!

http://augustragone.blogspot.com/201...-godzilla.html
    Great news! Do we know anything about it yet?

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    Really loved Kong: Skull Island. A completely different flavor of monster film than 2014's Godzilla and Shin Godzilla. More in line tonally with Pacific Rim, but with influences that I know better.
    I am hopefully going to go see it this weekend. My son is pretty stoked to see it but I told him I have to preview it first.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

We still have no idea as to the plot of the Godzilla anime film, aside from those few promo images. We should know more by the end of the month or so.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I am hopefully going to go see it this weekend. My son is pretty stoked to see it but I told him I have to preview it first.
    Kong has a couple of salty words and more than a few surprising and brutal (but quick and fairly bloodless) kills by the various monsters.

We still have no idea as to the plot of the Godzilla anime film, aside from those few promo images. We should know more by the end of the month or so.

Kong has a couple of salty words and more than a few surprising and brutal (but quick and fairly bloodless) kills by the various monsters.
    Thanks for all that.

Random aside, I just got all the Heisei Era (Returns through Destroyah) on blu ray rather cheap! I had to get a second copy of Megaguirus but that's okay. I have the Millennium Era on DVD, and now the Heisei on blu ray. Time to start the Showa as I have a smattering on DVD and blu Ray.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

can we see a more agile Godzilla for the next cartoons? More leaping, faster speed, etc.

The Shin Godzilla DVD/Blu-Ray was released in Japan today, and inside is an insert of the teaser poster for the Godzilla anime, now with what appears to be a title: "Godzilla: Monster Planet" or "Kaiju Planet" (folks are translating it differently).