Page 35 of 114 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585 ... LastLast

^The Monarch Timeline is a treasure trove of goodies. Honestly, I'm surprised were getting this more than a year and a half before the film coming out.

I'm even more excited about Mothra (SPOILERS ahead). According to the timeline in 2009 Dr. Emma Russell (Vera Farming's character?) discovered the 'Temple of the Moth' high in the mountains in a remote part of China. They found the place because of a 'mysterious bio-acoustic signature' which I'm pretty sure means singing. The only unfortunate thing about this is that since we've already got Mothra in her cocoon we'll miss out on the larval stage. Seeing Mothra metamorphose from caterpillar to moth is always fun, but it does leave something for Mothra to do in a further movie and I suppose when you're essentially remaking Ghidorah, The Three-Headed Monster there's a danger of making things too overstuffed.

Rodan's apparently dormant inside a volcano with, like Ghidorah's arctic base, a Monarch containment facility around him. I wonder how each of these monsters will break out?

As for the more immediate release: images have surfaced of the first Godzilla: Monster Planet toys, revealing a Godzilla that has the same blue color and sinewy texture as the bird creature we've already seen.

DEgGolJUAAAjDy0.jpg
    https://twitter.com/Kaiju115/status/884965252219228160

Saw it on a plane. Liked it a lot. The political stuff worked very well within the film.
    The minitures were first rate. And even though Godzilla was still a man in a rubber suit, it was better than the recent American film.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Saw it on a plane. Liked it a lot. The political stuff worked very well within the film.
    The minitures were first rate. And even though Godzilla was still a man in a rubber suit, it was better than the recent American film.

Shin Godzilla was ALL CGI. They were gunna use a suit but decided against it.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Shin Godzilla was ALL CGI. They were gunna use a suit but decided against it.
    Really? They did a great job of making it look like a suit.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

^It was actually a huge puppet: torso up. It didn't work out, but the Japanese Blu-Ray special features have a few clips of it that are now floating around online.

Apparently, Godzilla: Monster Planet movies #2 and #3 will both come out next year. That means anime Godzilla will bow out before Legendary's Godzilla series restarts in Spring 2019.

Shin Godzilla dropped on North American Blu-Ray/DVD today (it's been available digitally for a week or so). Now everyone has a chance to see it! It was a killer wait (exactly one year since its Japanese theatrical release - same timeframe that the Millennium films were released), but I was super happy to get the chance to see the film in theaters (3 times!) last October.

Some sad news: Haruo Nakajima, the actor who played Godzilla for the first 12 films in the series, from Godzilla (1954) to Godzilla vs. Gigan, has passed away at the age of 88. In addition to Godzilla, he was also Gaira (the Green Gargantua), King Kong (in King Kong Escapes), the original Rodan, the man in the front of the enormous Mothra larva costume in the original Mothra film, and even contributed to the early Ultraman episodes to impart his knowledge of monster wrestling. His contribution to this genre is vast. He is Godzilla.

He also was a fixture of the convention circuit in the US for the last decade or so, where he was always charming and delighted that his work was so appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    Some sad news: Haruo Nakajima, the actor who played Godzilla for the first 12 films in the series, from Godzilla (1954) to Godzilla vs. Gigan, has passed away at the age of 88. In addition to Godzilla, he was also Gaira (the Green Gargantua), King Kong (in King Kong Escapes), the original Rodan, the man in the front of the enormous Mothra larva costume in the original Mothra film, and even contributed to the early Ultraman episodes to impart his knowledge of monster wrestling. His contribution to this genre is vast. He is Godzilla.

He also was a fixture of the convention circuit in the US for the last decade or so, where he was always charming and delighted that his work was so appreciated.
    That's sad.

He lived a long, fruitful life. Glad to have had him as part of Godzilla. As you said, he is Godzilla.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Have not seen Shin Godzilla yet, is it worth grabbing? Is it similar to Final War style Godzilla?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    That's sad.

He lived a long, fruitful life. Glad to have had him as part of Godzilla. As you said, he is Godzilla.
    He was Godzilla for my parents' generation and a few after that, too. Those films were ubiquitous on television during the '70s when my brothers and I were kids and we just ate it up.

RIP
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Have not seen Shin Godzilla yet, is it worth grabbing? Is it similar to Final War style Godzilla?
    YES! And no, not at all. In a good way.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    no its not like Final War at all it was a bit of a let down for me the godzilla parts are super good but The political stuff witch ther is a lot of is slow long drawn out and boring and just did not work just like godzilla 2014 its still woth a watch tho.

I liked the political stuff. And yes definitely worth seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I liked the political stuff. And yes definitely worth seeing.
    its good in small doses but the movies like 60-70% political stuff.....