Page 51 of 114 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Same comment as before, how could a giant Gorilla - Kong, take that energy output?
    Simple - He's just that big and tough. Dense fur, muscle upon muscle, being a freaking kaiju gorilla. If we can believe Mothra can challenge Godzilla, a giant butterfly-like moth of all things, why is Kong suddenly the bridge too far?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

My body is ready for this movie.

I think I'm gonna hate that "let's invite him for a beer" guy (every blockbuster has one), but I am 100% on board with the rest of this. Whoever edits these trailers is great too, because Millie Brown's scream merging with the falling monster's (Godzilla?) was very neat.

spoilers:
    Also in that 5 minute extended look that got leaked, I love Ghidorah's tail shaking like a rattle snake's upon seeing Godzilla. And the other two heads seem to subtly be deferring to the middle one
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Simple - He's just that big and tough. Dense fur, muscle upon muscle, being a freaking kaiju gorilla. If we can believe Mothra can challenge Godzilla, a giant butterfly-like moth of all things, why is Kong suddenly the bridge too far?
    Plain old flesh and muscle won't do you any good in that blast of energy. The strongest guy on Earth isn't going anywhere after facing a flame thrower. In Kong movie, Kong seems to be a normal but large example. Most of the stuff on the island was hurt by simple gun fire, if not stopped as they were too big. If he is a kaiju that's a different origin or evolutionary path from the ones that evolved before the mammals and in the radiation soaked early Earth.

Same comment as before, how could a giant Gorilla - Kong, take that energy output?
    the same way he took it last time

The J-man

Plain old flesh and muscle won't do you any good in that blast of energy. The strongest guy on Earth isn't going anywhere after facing a flame thrower. In Kong movie, Kong seems to be a normal but large example. Most of the stuff on the island was hurt by simple gun fire, if not stopped as they were too big. If he is a kaiju that's a different origin or evolutionary path from the ones that evolved before the mammals and in the radiation soaked early Earth.
    And Mothra is better able to take that energy how? Being a moth isn't good against flamethrowers either. And he's going to be much, much bigger this time. Plus the MUTOs didn't seem to be armored either. And obviously Kong's evolutionary path is different from everything else on earth, he's a bipedal ape taller than most buildings.

In short, it's a movie, let's not over think this. Kong survived Godzilla's heat ray before with no more than some fur singed in the 60s, he'll probably fair just as well this time around.

*chuckles* not to get into the dispute ... but .... isn't Mothra female?

In the end - I don't care. Looking forward to what I hope is an amazing Monster Movie.

I grew up with this stuff - please deliver.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

Quote Originally Posted by Neko View Post
    *chuckles* not to get into the dispute ... but .... isn't Mothra female?
    She is, my "And he's going to be much, much bigger this time" was about Kong.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    She is, my "And he's going to be much, much bigger this time" was about Kong.
    Okay ... thanks, got lost for a second or two.

I would want Godzilla to beat Kong. I never took to the character.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

Quote Originally Posted by Neko View Post
    Okay ... thanks, got lost for a second or two.

I would want Godzilla to beat Kong. I never took to the character.
    I'm rooting for a tie as I deeply love both characters.

same honestly. Especially since they've bent over backwards to make Godzilla a hero in this new universe. Feels weird for them to fight
    The J-man

Astonishing Member

Towards the last movies, Mothra was clearly not just bug flesh but had energy powers and abilities that denote the kaiju. In the old Kong film besides, tree-fu, Kong came up with some electric powers. Also, unless there are cute singing little fairy gals, it ain't Mothra.

Mighty Member

Godzilla all the way, whenever he is not in the same universe as Godzilla Kong dies via bullets. Having him even tie the big G feels oh so wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    Godzilla all the way, whenever he is not in the same universe as Godzilla Kong dies via bullets. Having him even tie the big G feels oh so wrong.
    Thats normal Kong. Kaiju Kong never loses. He's beaten Godzilla before too.

Plus its not like Godzilla hasn't been killed by humans a number of times ver teh years
    The J-man

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Thats normal Kong. Kaiju Kong never loses. He's beaten Godzilla before too.

Plus its not like Godzilla hasn't been killed by humans a number of times ver teh years
    That didn’t make sense back then and would make a lot less after Godzilla fights Ghidorah. It would have been a mismatch before the upgrade Godzilla has gotten between movies.

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    That didn’t make sense back then and would make a lot less after Godzilla fights Ghidorah. It would have been a mismatch before the upgrade Godzilla has gotten between movies.
    it makes sense in the same way none of these monsters follow any real logic
    The J-man