Page 54 of 114 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    You are not really presenting any, and he just made common sense points that everyone knows.
    Many more movies, games, books, comics, toys and apparel is nothing, bs. Successful sequels are evidence, selling multiple games and other merchandise is evidence. If KK were as popular as Godzilla the owners would have been making a lot more money off of him. KK comes and goes Godzilla is around in one form or another the majority of the time. Everyone knows counts for squat.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    Many more movies, games, books, comics, toys and apparel is nothing, bs. Successful sequels are evidence, selling multiple games and other merchandise is evidence. If KK were as popular as Godzilla the owners would have been making a lot more money off of him. KK comes and goes Godzilla is around in one form or another the majority of the time. Everyone knows counts for squat.
    And yet nobody is saying he is more popular than Godzilla or needs to be except you. Yeah he comes and goes, but people on the street still know him by name alone, more so than any of the other monsters in KoTM which is why none of them are headlining solos and Kong did. And is getting billing with Godzilla in the next one

Mighty Member

And yet nobody is saying he is more popular than Godzilla or needs to be except you. Yeah he comes and goes, but people on the street still know him by name alone, more so than any of the other monsters in KoTM which is why none of them are headlining solos and Kong did. And is getting billing with Godzilla in the next one
    V said as popular which I strongly disputed.

No... they just said popular in his own right and definitely as well known.

Uh, no V ignored all the evidence I presented and gave none of his own.
    Wait, by V do you mean me? What evidence did you give? And why are you saying I didn't give evidence when I know I did? Are you serious? Seriously?

I'm just going to throw my hands up and disengage from this.

I'm pretty sure I didn't. Not gonna go back and read my exact words but yeah, wasn't arguing that he was as popular, just that he is popular, popular enough to get butts in seats. My honor restored, now I'm disengaging.

we live in the golden era of access to information just google King Kong if you aren't familiar with him he's been around for a long time with his own movies shows, memorabilia, etc.

If you're arguing King Kong isn't popular than you've just been stating your opinion this whole time nothing factual.
    The J-man

Mighty Member

As popular damn it learn to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    we live in the golden era of access to information just google King Kong if you aren't familiar with him he's been around for a long time with his own movies shows, memorabilia, etc.

If you're arguing King Kong isn't popular than you've just been stating your opinion this whole time nothing factual.
    Odds are if you ask some random person on the street who Kong is, they will know without ever having seen a single piece of media with him in it.

Throw the names Ghodirah or Rodan at them, odds are less likely they will know who you mean. I mean, they're more likely to know them over any other kaiju to come out of Japan that isn't Godzilla, but that's not saying much. Whenever I tell people at work I'm more pumped about this than Avengers, and say Ghidorah is in it, I get the "who?" response and have to clarify that it's the three headed dragon.

Only some of them connected the dots.

As popular damn it learn to read.
    Right back at you, because nobody said he's as popular, yet you keep arguing with us as if we did.

Mighty Member

Odds are if you ask some random person on the street who Kong is, they will know without ever having seen a single piece of media with him in it.

Throw the names Ghodirah or Rodan at them, odds are less likely they will know who you mean. I mean, they're more likely to know them over any other kaiju to come out of Japan that isn't Godzilla, but that's not saying much. Whenever I tell people at work I'm more pumped about this than Avengers, and say Ghidorah is in it, I get the "who?" response and have to clarify that it's the three headed dragon.

Only some of them connected the dots.

Right back at you, because nobody said he's as popular, yet you keep arguing with us as if we did.
    No V said that and I disputed then Jabare claimed I said KK was not popular so learn to read very much applies.

Editing to add, I am tired of all this.between the 3 of you either have problems with reading comprehension or more likely are just trying too annoy me. To the ignore list.
    Last edited by regnak; 04-29-2019 at 03:19 PM.

Feels like you've just been arguing semantics for a few days now. Not really sure why, but if that's the hill you want to die on knock yourself out. Everyone else has been pretty clear on their intent and message imo.

Also feels like you've wanted to have a rumble board debate, then a popularity debate with your initial comments, but no one really responded in kind to any of those. We all commented generally. Now you're all bent out of shape *shrug*
    The J-man

No V said that and I disputed then Jabare claimed I said KK was not popular so learn to read very much applies.

Editing to add, I am tired of all this.between the 3 of you either have problems with reading comprehension or more likely are just trying too annoy me. To the ignore list.
    This is the most blatant trolling I've seen in quite some time, how have you not been banned banned yet?

I would LOVE to see Biollante, but I imagine MechaG is the most likely license to have been bought by Legendary. They only got a few, and he's the last of the Big 5.

Maybe if the contracts are re-negotiated following GvK and these movies continue, they will get the rights to other monsters, including her. Would also like to see Battra and Angirus.
    Problem with introducing Mech G is that the advanced technology to create/operate a giant honking mecha doesn't seem to exist in current Monster-verse time frame. If it did, we'd have seen plenty of smaller ones, one would think?

Also, yes, Mecha G would have cost Legendary extra to rent him so not necessary for now.

I expect if we see Mecha G in the Legendary series, it will be because of aliens.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Rumor is it will be a new version of Hedorah, but instead of just pollution the creature will also be utilizing cells from other Titans
    The J-man