Page 57 of 114 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107 ... LastLast

I will go opening weekend but pick a daytime showing. I miss the days of 10am shows. Those only happen now if the movies is Star Wars or something. Less people with early shows too.

I do like every trailer I've seen so far. I would like to see the Monsterverse continue too, and it appears the door is open, now sales has to help it out.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

I'll try to go opening weekend, work permitting. This is my most anticipated movie of the year.

Im IMAX on Thursday...then probably again on Sunday
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

I can't wait for this movie. But I got question, in the trailer is the girl touching his snout?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFxN2oDKk0E

And its Godzilla's world, we just live in it. LOL
    Last edited by Neko; 05-23-2019 at 10:30 PM.

Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Neko View Post
    I can't wait for this movie. But I got question, in the trailer is the girl touching his snout?
    If you mean the moment at the beginning of the trailer, that's not Godzilla, but (presumably) Mothra in larva form. If you mean the moment at the end, that looks not to be the girl touching Godzilla, but Ken Watanabe's Serizawa.

Quote Originally Posted by Kai "the spy" View Post
    If you mean the moment at the beginning of the trailer, that's not Godzilla, but (presumably) Mothra in larva form. If you mean the moment at the end, that looks not to be the girl touching Godzilla, but Ken Watanabe's Serizawa.
    Ohhhh, I noticed the girl and Mothra. And its on me for not really paying attention - I'll rewatch. Thanks for the info.

That's supposed to be a big important part of the movie. Not going to end well for him.

given that bugs aren't supposed to live that long compared to reptiles, what is the life cycle of Mothra? Is this a "new" one? Or the "same" as centuries/millennia ago?

7:35pm 3D showing Thursday. Can't wait.

Most of the reviews i’ve read are pretty positive- and then there’s bleeding cool’s.��

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Most of the reviews i’ve read are pretty positive- and then there’s bleeding cool’s.��
    They can't like anything these days unless it falls into the hipster crowd.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member

NYTimes:

"At one point it seems the film could go full “Kramer vs. Kramer” with Godzilla and Monster Zero (a.k.a. Ghidorah) as attorneys for the parental plaintiffs."

I'd pay good money to see that done for real. Maybe Godzilla can work in Perry Mason's law firm.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

So RT hates this movie apparently. Score keeps fluctuating but seems unlikely to leave the 50s.

Kind of a bummer, but the general vibe I'm getting is that the monster spectacle is very good and it's the humans that are dragging things down. So as long as the kaiju are well represented it should be a good time at the movies. Not what I wanted perhaps, but trying to stay positive.

I think the Monsterverse may be dead after GvKK though, unless audiences REALLY love this in spite of the reviews.