Page 59 of 114 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Some info on the various Titans from the novelization of the movie and other sources.

spoilers:
    Not all made it into the movie but i suppose could show up later in a Director's Cut.

Serizawa states that 17 Titans have been found since Godzilla but it seems like way more than that.

Behemoth/Titanus Behemoth
    Monarch Outpost 58

Ghidorah/Monster Zero
    Monarch Outpost 32

Godzilla
    Monarch Outpost ??

Kong/Titanus Kong
    Monarch Outpost 33

Leafwings
    Monarch Outpost 33

Leviathan
    Monarch Outpost ??

Methuselah/Titanus Methuselah
    Monarch Outpost 67

Mokele-Mbembe/Titanus Mokele-Mbembe
    Monarch Outpost 75

Mothra/Titanus Mosura
    Monarch Outpost 61

MUTO
    Monarch Outpost ??

Rodan
    Monarch Outpost 56

Scylla/Titanus Scylla
    Monarch Outpost 55

Typhon
    Monarch Outpost ??

Undesignated Titan
    Classified Monarch Outpost
    Note: Refered to as "Kraken" by Monarch personel

Unrevealed Titan (presumbaly Abaddon, from sources outside the novel)
    Monarch Outpost ??

Unrevealed Titan
    Monarch Outpost ??

Margygr
    Note: Found in the Arctic after being killed by an unknown Titan

Jinshin-Mushi

MUTOs

2 Shinomura are mention being killed by Godzilla

Germany, Thailand and Wyoming all have Monarch Outpost presumably with Titans of there on.

Not mentioned in the novel by name. Comes from other sources.

Abaddon
    Monarch Outpost ???
    Note: May have been seen on screen that Mark Russell was scanning through?

Baphomet
    Monarch Outpost ???

Bunyip
    Monarch Outpost ???
    Note: Don't remember seeing any reference to him in the movie.

Sargon
    Monarch Outpost ???
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    He states that they have so far identified 17. But it is implied that there might be much more left to be discovered.

I thought the spider titan was Kumonga/Spiga. But I don't remember its name being shown. I also thought that the titan in Germany may have been Anguirus. But it wasn't. The Mammoth looking one was new to me.

Most of the titans were awakened by Ghidorah. The map showed multiple countries being affected. But only a handful were shown on screen. Since all of them are said to be converging on Skull Island during the end credits, we might see much more in Godzilla vs Kong.
    end of spoilers

Also, how is there another spoilers:
    MUTO? I saw it in the film, but I thought the ones in Godzilla were the only ones left. If this one was around, why didn't it become active when the other two did?
    end of spoilers

Finally spoilers:
    I wonder if that lost city Monarch discovered Godzilla in is Atlantis. Because if it is, that might mean they intend to introduce Gamera in the future. The Heisei films revealed Gamera was created by them as a means to defeat Gyaos. The Heisei series was done by Toho. Not Daiei/Kadokawa Pictures (although i think they still own the character). Maybe Legendary can acquire the rights and bring that universe as well,
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    spoilers:
    He states that they have so far identified 17. But it is implied that there might be much more left to be discovered.

I thought the spider titan was Kumonga/Spiga. But I don't remember its name being shown. I also thought that the titan in Germany may have been Anguirus. But it wasn't. The Mammoth looking one was new to me.

Most of the titans were awakened by Ghidorah. The map showed multiple countries being affected. But only a handful were shown on screen. Since all of them are said to be converging on Skull Island during the end credits, we might see much more in Godzilla vs Kong.
    end of spoilers

Also, how is there another spoilers:
    MUTO? I saw it in the film, but I thought the ones in Godzilla were the only ones left. If this one was around, why didn't it become active when the other two did?
    end of spoilers

Finally spoilers:
    I wonder if that lost city Monarch discovered Godzilla in is Atlantis. Because if it is, that might mean they intend to introduce Gamera in the future. The Heisei films revealed Gamera was created by them as a means to defeat Gyaos. The Heisei series was done by Toho. Not Daiei/Kadokawa Pictures (although i think they still own the character). Maybe Legendary can acquire the rights and bring that universe as well,
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    the spider was called Scylla, it was named on the screen that Russell was thumbing through and at the end in the newspaper articles. Methuselah was the German Titan and from the looks of it the most massive Titan. Behemoth was the mammoth from Brazil.

Yeah the only ones seen i believe were Ghidorah, Godzilla, Mothra, Rodan, MUTO, Kong, Scylla, Methuselah and Behemoth

There seems to be an unending supply of theses.

I assumed this was Atlantis as well.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    spoilers:
    the spider was called Scylla, it was named on the screen that Russell was thumbing through and at the end in the newspaper articles. Methuselah was the German Titan and from the looks of it the most massive Titan. Behemoth was the mammoth from Brazil.

Yeah the only ones seen i believe were Ghidorah, Godzilla, Mothra, Rodan, MUTO, Kong, Scylla, Methuselah and Behemoth

There seems to be an unending supply of theses.

I assumed this was Atlantis as well.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    They must have renamed it. Unless this is meant to be an entirely new one. Kumonga/Spiga aren't exactly "catch names" lol. The rest I'm fine with. Legendary are likely using the favourites as well as creating a stable of newer monsters. Which is great in my opinion.
    end of spoilers

Saw it last night, enjoyed it but mostly because of the little hints and nods to the classic fans. The score was goosebump-worthy for that reason. Great monster fights, eye rolling moments of human plot devices, but overall big-dumb-fun which we come to expect and want, and MUCH better than 2014.

Also, something fun to watch for that most people will miss the first time watching:

spoilers:
    Ziyi Zhang's character Dr. Chen at one point shows some family pictures to Mark and says her family has been working with Monarch for 3 generations. Blink and you miss, but the grandmothers are twins, the mothers are twins, and Chen has a twin in the photograph. In a moment that a distracted viewer won't catch... in the waterfall scene someone talks to Dr Chen before Mothra hatches from the cocoon. Wait... wasn't she somewhere else in the ship with the others? Wait... did he just call her Dr Ling? Check IMDB, and sure enough, she's credited as both characters. This is a nod to the classic "Mothra Twins" and something we might very well see mentioned again especially as the credits confirm a second Mothra "Egg" was found.

Also in the "newspaper" credits there is mention of classic Godzilla monster Manda!

On the "new Muto," I can confirm that it is indeed a third creature. It's a smaller female and has fins on her back unlike the previous film's monster. Maybe a "hatched" child from that big egg sack that perhaps wasn't completely destroyed?

end of spoilers

Needless to say, this is the kind of thing that I hope we see more of as more of these movies get made.
    Last edited by pandafarmer; 05-31-2019 at 07:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    Saw it last night, enjoyed it but mostly because of the little hints and nods to the classic fans. The score was goosebump-worthy for that reason. Great monster fights, eye rolling moments of human plot devices, but overall big-dumb-fun which we come to expect and want, and MUCH better than 2014.

Also, something fun to watch for that most people will miss the first time watching:

spoilers:
    Ziyi Zhang's character Dr. Chen at one point shows some family pictures to Mark and says her family has been working with Monarch for 3 generations. Blink and you miss, but the grandmothers are twins, the mothers are twins, and Chen has a twin in the photograph. In a moment that a distracted viewer won't catch... in the waterfall scene someone talks to Dr Chen before Mothra hatches from the cocoon. Wait... wasn't she somewhere else in the ship with the others? Wait... did he just call her Dr Ling? Check IMDB, and sure enough, she's credited as both characters. This is a nod to the classic "Mothra Twins" and something we might very well see mentioned again especially as the credits confirm a second Mothra "Egg" was found.

Also in the "newspaper" credits there is mention of classic Godzilla monster Manda!

On the "new Muto," I can confirm that it is indeed a third creature. It's a smaller female and has fins on her back unlike the previous film's monster. Maybe a "hatched" child from that big egg sack that perhaps wasn't completely destroyed?

end of spoilers

Needless to say, this is the kind of thing that I hope we see more of as more of these movies get made.
    spoilers:
    Manda's rights were acquired from Toho, FYI, did they cut that scene? I wonder if it was even pre-vized?
    end of spoilers
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Solid, meat-and-potatoes type of Godzilla movie, similar to the ones Toho has been turning out since the '90s. It's like someone put the '90s movies in a blender with Godzilla Final Wars.

Not the best Godzilla movie, but a solid "play the hits" crowdpleaser.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    spoilers:
    Manda's rights were acquired from Toho, FYI, did they cut that scene? I wonder if it was even pre-vized?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Legendary only had the rights to the "big 4" for this batch of four films, but have sense secured the rights to the rest of the creatures when they renewed the contract with Toho for beyond Kong vs Goji. That's likely the biggest reason they didn't go out of their way to show ALL 17 of the titans as it would allow them to be like "Look it's "Baphomet" but according to legends they called him Baragon" in future films.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Legendary only had the rights to the "big 4" for this batch of four films, but have sense secured the rights to the rest of the creatures when they renewed the contract with Toho for beyond Kong vs Goji. That's likely the biggest reason they didn't go out of their way to show ALL 17 of the titans as it would allow them to be like "Look it's "Baphomet" but according to legends they called him Baragon" in future films.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    They had Manda's rights ahead of that news. Manda was involved in the viral marketing and other advert lead up. They name-checked him on a water set visit 2 years ago saying they were hoping to find a way to use him ... was he cut and/or not used?
    end of spoilers
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    spoilers:
    They had Manda's rights ahead of that news. Manda was involved in the viral marketing and other advert lead up. They name-checked him on a water set visit 2 years ago saying they were hoping to find a way to use him ... was he cut and/or not used?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Interesting, no there was only the "Big 4" and the four extra Legendary kaiju in the film (new MUTO, Scylla, Methuselah and Behemoth) plus shots of Kong and old Mutos in "news" footage and Monarch screens. Manda, Kong, and "Mothra Egg" were mentioned in the pre-credits.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Interesting, no there was only the "Big 4" and the four extra Legendary kaiju in the film (new MUTO, Scylla, Methuselah and Behemoth) plus shots of Kong and old Mutos in "news" footage and Monarch screens. Manda, Kong, and "Mothra Egg" were mentioned in the pre-credits.
    end of spoilers
    NICE! Thank you. I was curious ... can't wait for tonight.

Astonishing Member

spoilers:

end of spoilers

I did catch that! But, unless you are familiar with the Toho stuff, it will likely go over the heads of most viewers . Like you, I do hope they do more of those little nods into this universe moving forward.

I'm a big Godzilla fan, and I didn't like this movie.

My ticket cost US$9.50, which is $5.00 more than the studio paid for this script.

I enjoyed this movie. Godzilla was what I had hoped, trying not to spoil. In fact, all of the monsters were good. I liked the added stuff to the lore. Not that I'm an expert in that but for me it worked. I liked it. It's not suppose to be some Oscar Award Winning Movie ... Its suppose to be a Monster Movie. And it is and I liked it. Its worthy. IMO.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

spoilers:
    Are volcanoes in the Monsterverse smaller than real life ones? As big as these beasties are, mountains in the real world would dwarf them. Rodan and Ghidorah, however, both looked as big as that volcano in Mexico.
    end of spoilers

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    spoilers:
    Are volcanoes in the Monsterverse smaller than real life ones? As big as these beasties are, mountains in the real world would dwarf them. Rodan and Ghidorah, however, both looked as big as that volcano in Mexico.
    end of spoilers

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Could have just been that Volcano that was small