Page 6 of 114 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
    Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    I refuse to believe any top worst Godzilla moments exist outside of Godzilla vs Megalon, even flying Godzilla can't compare to drop kick Godzilla
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5OY1drc8_U#t=830
    Oh Heck Yeah, Mystery Science Theater 3000's Godzilla vs Megalon was my 1st MST3K I ever saw on Comedy Central and been a Fan Since!

Thanks to Godzilla, was introduced to an Epic Show in MST3K and Godzilla vs Megalon is always a Win Episode indeed. ;-)

As for the new movie, loved it, had a great number of Hell yeah moments(my favorite in particular was the first time he brought out the atomic breath, though the tail whip of death, neck bite on feMuto, and of course the atomic death kiss were all notable)

And MOST importantly, it did what 1998 Zilla didn't, it FELT like a Godzilla movie.
    The Tail, Kiss of Death and Ending made the audience I was watching with it clap and cheer, That was Amazing to be apart of Indeed!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

So does anyone think we'll see him in the eventual sequels to Godzilla 2014?

I thought the movie was good, some pacing problems but generally not bad. I grew up with Godzilla and I've been a huge fan pretty much all my life ( I've seen most of the movies), so I think part of my acceptance and enjoyment of Godzilla 2014 had to do with that. I was so excited to see the big guy on the big screen in a big budget, hollywood movie; I was like a kid on Christmas. I think the general audience who only know Godzilla as that giant, fire breathing lizard, or who have only seen the 98 American movie are going to have a much harder time swallowing this movie..

It was a Godzilla movie with a story, nice action, and nice effects. Win for me!

Bring on the sequel!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    While most aren't deep (aside from the very first Godzilla) the films do tend to revolve around certain theme. It can be a moral like Mothra vs. Godzilla '64 with "greed and distrust is bad, helping your fellow man is good," or even the campy, low-budget Godzilla vs. Gigan patterning itself on comics because of the manga boom.
    I'd say the theme of this latest Godzilla film is that humanity is nothing to nature. And I like that.

I thought the anti-nuke symbolism was a little too heavy handed. If you don't know the Bomb was dropped at 8:15 on August 6th, 1945, then the symbolism is not for you. They really didn't need to explain that one for instance. Silence would've sold that scene better.

"This was my father's from 1945."
    "Why is it stopped at 8:15?"

*stare*
    *surprise*
    *takes back watch*
    *leaves*

Maybe a line from the Doc about knowing what you're doing while he's leaving.

But themes and symbolism are pretty heavy-handed in American movies these days.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 05-17-2014 at 01:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    I'd say the theme of this latest Godzilla film is that humanity is nothing to nature. And I like that.
    I liked that theme, too. Godzilla makes a good Force of Nature stand in.

Should I watch Godzilla vs Space Godzilla or Godzilla: Final Wars first? They both look pretty cool.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Quote Originally Posted by !Pharozonk! View Post
    Should I watch Godzilla vs Space Godzilla or Godzilla: Final Wars first? They both look pretty cool.
    I'd go with Final Wars, although I must warn you that it takes a good deal of time before Godzilla actually shows up in full glory and there are now a ton of human on human fight scenes that try really hard to be a lower-budget Matrix.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    I'd go with Final Wars, although I must warn you that it takes a good deal of time before Godzilla actually shows up in full glory and there are now a ton of human on human fight scenes that try really hard to be a lower-budget Matrix.
    Judging by the trailer, those Matrix inspired scenes and over the top characters, almost hammy seem like a blast to watch.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

Judging by the trailer, those Matrix inspired scenes and over the top characters, almost hammy seem like a blast to watch.
    The main non-monster villain definitely is a part of the movie that's so over-the-top in his acting that you can't help but enjoy his performance. He definitely was a highlight as far as the non-monster side of things went.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    The main non-monster villain definitely is a part of the movie that's so over-the-top in his acting that you can't help but enjoy his performance. He definitely was a highlight as far as the non-monster side of things went.
    The funny thing is that that Japanese Goth youth whom we saw getting hauled away from the police station by his parents in GODZILLA (2014) was somewhat reminiscent of the villain from GODZILLA: FINAL WARS.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

deleted 10
    Last edited by Pharozonk; 06-12-2014 at 07:47 AM.

Of those two, G:FW is certainly the better. Space Godzilla as a concept looked much better on paper, no doubt. But then, Godzilla vs. Destoroyah obliterates both those. It's a contender for best film of the '84-'04 G-revival.

I'm having trouble finding a decent quality stream of Godzilla:FW online. Anyone have any idea of where I could find one?