Page 60 of 114 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Yeah hard pass at critics on this one.

Only way this movie could have been better for me is if Earth turned out to be another monster and started flying through space to fight a black hole (which turned out to be more monster).

I guess Kong and that post-credits bit will have to do next.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

spoilers:
    I didn't catch the actual moment that Dr. Vivienne Graham was killed during the first skirmish between Godzilla and Ghidorah in Antarctica. It didn't occur to me at all that she had died until they had her profile open ("Deceased") on the Argo afterwards. How/when did it happen?
    end of spoilers

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    spoilers:
    I didn't catch the actual moment that Dr. Vivienne Graham was killed during the first skirmish between Godzilla and Ghidorah in Antarctica. It didn't occur to me at all that she had died until they had her profile open ("Deceased") on the Argo afterwards. How/when did it happen?
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Ghidorah ate her
    end of spoilers

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    spoilers:
    Ghidorah ate her
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Poor Dr. Graham... At least Godzilla avenged her.
    end of spoilers

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    Yeah hard pass at critics on this one.

Only way this movie could have been better for me is if Earth turned out to be another monster and started flying through space to fight a black hole (which turned out to be more monster).

I guess Kong and that post-credits bit will have to do next.
    I'm actually worried about the next movie. How badly will Godzilla be nerfed in order to allow Kong to last 5 seconds against him?

But yeah... at least this movie was fun.

Extraordinary Member

This movie looks flat and low energy probably wait for on demand.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 06-01-2019 at 05:35 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'm actually worried about the next movie. How badly will Godzilla be nerfed in order to allow Kong to last 5 seconds against him?
    I thought Rampage gave us a passable Kong Vs Zilla preview with other characters.

Mighty Member

Yes, ideally if they had to do a GvsKK it would have worked better before KOTM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    spoilers:
    He states that they have so far identified 17. But it is implied that there might be much more left to be discovered.

I thought the spider titan was Kumonga/Spiga. But I don't remember its name being shown. I also thought that the titan in Germany may have been Anguirus. But it wasn't. The Mammoth looking one was new to me.

Most of the titans were awakened by Ghidorah. The map showed multiple countries being affected. But only a handful were shown on screen. Since all of them are said to be converging on Skull Island during the end credits, we might see much more in Godzilla vs Kong.
    end of spoilers

Also, how is there another spoilers:
    MUTO? I saw it in the film, but I thought the ones in Godzilla were the only ones left. If this one was around, why didn't it become active when the other two did?
    end of spoilers

Finally spoilers:
    I wonder if that lost city Monarch discovered Godzilla in is Atlantis. Because if it is, that might mean they intend to introduce Gamera in the future. The Heisei films revealed Gamera was created by them as a means to defeat Gyaos. The Heisei series was done by Toho. Not Daiei/Kadokawa Pictures (although i think they still own the character). Maybe Legendary can acquire the rights and bring that universe as well,
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    There is a MUTO Prime in Godzilla Aftershock comics, and male and female MUTOs are subspecies of it.
    It got killed by Godzilla but not befoer it destroyed Godzilla's back fins, which explained the change of his design in KOM.
    As for the new female MUTO in KOM, the two MUTOs' eggs were originally discovered at the dig site at the beginning of the first movie.(Where you can see the skeleton of another Godzilla.)
    They are actually siblings from the same batch of eggs, thus they are not connected to the new MUTO in KOM, also we didn't know the new MUTO is a new-born or not.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    We saw Ghidorah's severed head in the credits.
    So maybe the bad guys will give Kong some Ghidorah juice and make him replicate part of its power, just like how Kong in OG GVK movie has lightning powers.
    end of spoilers

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    spoilers:
    We saw Ghidorah's severed head in the credits.
    So maybe the bad guys will give Kong some Ghidorah juice and make him replicate part of its power, just like how Kong in OG GVK movie has lightning powers.
    end of spoilers
    You don't have to do anything special with Kong or nerf Godzilla. As they say in boxing, styles make fights. Kong is way too fast for Godzilla. Also in Skull Island, they made it clear that he was still a baby. I think he will easily hold his own. How can Godzilla hurt him if he can't hit him. Kong is also smarter, arguably meaner, fights dirty, far more agile and has opposable thumbs which allow him to use tools, i.e. weapons.

Check this out:

Last edited by sjackso3; 05-31-2019 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sjackso3 View Post
    You don't have to do anything special with Kong or nerf Godzilla. As they say in boxing, styles make fights. Kong is way too fast for Godzilla. Also in Skull Island, they made it clear that he was still a baby. I think he will easily hold his own. How can Godzilla hurt him if he can't hit him. Kong is also smarter, arguably meaner, fights dirty, far more agile and has opposable thumbs which allow him to use tools, i.e. weapons.
    Yeah. I think people assume "atomic breath = game over" but not necessarily. Either Kong can take it, or DODGE it, then proceed to box the hell out of Godzilla.

Check this out:

Well yeah, I actually expect the fight to go a lot like this, both taking major damage before one wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Yeah. I think people assume "atomic breath = game over" but not necessarily. Either Kong can take it, or DODGE it, then proceed to box the hell out of Godzilla.

Well yeah, I actually expect the fight to go a lot like this, both taking major damage before one wins.
    Atomic breath is certainly Godzilla's ace in the hole. It's a potential one shot win IF he can hit it.

But outside of that, I think Godzilla IMO has a lot more durability, and a better recuperation rate. It's almost a similar fight to say Captain America vs Wolverine, in that even if the fight is even the later is much harder to keep down. It'll take a lot more to put Godzilla away than it would King Kong IMO.

I don't want to get TOO deep into this, as we'll start getting into a Rumbles board scenario but I think Kong has a lot of little advantages while Godzilla has one or two big ones. But cumulatively I think those big advantages overtime will make him the odds on favorite.

Maybe this Kong has immunity to atomic breath making the fight much closer with a battle of strength which im assuming Kong is stronger.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sjackso3 View Post

Check this out:

Kong got wounded by a Helicopter. I doubt he can get that much more durable even full grown. His entire species is wiped out by Skull Crawlers, and they are not really that tough compared to thsoe titans in KOM.
    And Godzilla ate nukes for breakfast and take all kinds of modern weapons like scratches.
    I don't really think any of those factors means much when your opponent is just that much tougher.
    MUTOs are Godzilla's natural enenmy and can weaken atom breath with its EMP charges, and they still got killed.

Also you can only dodge so many rounds of Atomic Breath without audience calling it cheating and plot armor.
    And Godzlla can do close quarter Atomic Breath, if he really wants to kill Kong, he will just fire the breath when he got the bite on Kong instead of allowing Kong to beat him.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 06-01-2019 at 09:12 AM.