Page 62 of 114 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    cool history lesson

spoilers:
    I think you had it right the first time. There will be no conclusive winner meaning neither one will die, at best one of them wins the final encounter but can't deliver a deathblow because another monster appears or humans or a volcano/landslide gets in the way.

Kong and Godzilla kind of serve the same purpose. Godzilla lives in the ocean and regulates emerging Titans popping up wherever. Kong is the King/God of Skull Island the clear alpha there and he keeps everything peaceful. The local humans and other wildlife live in relative harmony. Every now and then an invasive species (skull crawler) pops up only to get beaten down.

Godzilla and Kong both embody Monarch's vision. Benevolent alphas that allow their ecosystem to flourish, everything living in harmony. Godzilla has claimed the earth as his territory and Kong is content being in Skull Island, which seemingly is becoming Monster Island.

You wouldn't think Godzilla sees Kong as a threat. He knows he's there and seemingly hasn't gone after him. He either respects Kong or doesn't view him as a threat. I believe either humans will bring them together or Godzilla comes into Kong's territory chasing another Titan.

Also there was a cave paitning at the end of KOTM. Does this mean they've fought before? Their ancestors fought? I don't know. Can't wait to see the film.

When Kong and Godzilla clash he probably upsett the new balance Godzilla just established. All the current Titans bowed to him acknowledging him as the alpha. Kong isn't going to bow down. Skull Island's his home, he'll fight to the death if challenged. It will be interesting to see if they fight on Skull Island or if Kong actually leaves the island for some reason.

I know everyone thinks Mecha King Ghidora will eb the villain, but I think it could still be Biolante or the pollution monster if not some new monster all together from human experimentation.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I'm not even sure Kong can leave the island, so under normal circumstances there's a pretty easy equilibrium. As long as Godzilla stays off of Kongs turn, in theory there isn't a problem. But for whatever reason monsters seem to be heading towards Skull island, so in theory something may have to give.

But unless Kong is a really good swimmer he can't do what Godzilla can do as far as dealing with literally the rest of the planet, so he functionally can't take Godzillas place. Nor will he bow to Godzilla or get killed. In wrestling terms here, I almost think we need some sort of DQ or count out victory... no clean wins or loses can happen in the end there, otherwise the equilibrim will be disrupted.
    end of spoilers

has there ever been a dominant aquatic Kaiju in Godzilla lore?

I find it interesting that the King of the sea is reptile. The way Godzilla is built you'd think he'd swim more akin to an alligator or crocodile than an amphibian, but considering how he moves under water he must be amphibious and have gills somewhere. I guess Godzillas just killed off any shark or true aquatic Kaiju he's come across.

I remember Ebirah the giant crab from that one Godzilla movie but I can't think of too many others. I know Gamera has two or 3 in that universe, but Godzilla appears to be as good if not better than any other monster.
    The J-man

spoilers with the films director

The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    has there ever been a dominant aquatic Kaiju in Godzilla lore?

I find it interesting that the King of the sea is reptile. The way Godzilla is built you'd think he'd swim more akin to an alligator or crocodile than an amphibian, but considering how he moves under water he must be amphibious and have gills somewhere. I guess Godzillas just killed off any shark or true aquatic Kaiju he's come across.

I remember Ebirah the giant crab from that one Godzilla movie but I can't think of too many others. I know Gamera has two or 3 in that universe, but Godzilla appears to be as good if not better than any other monster.
    That might be Godzilla niche. A couple monsters can fly, and a couple can dig underground. But Godzilla doesn't have a lot of peers underwater

The Destoroyah might have been aquatic, but all his fights I believe were on land or in the air.

Extraordinary Member

Ok. As a audio-visual experience that was spectacular. Just beautiful.

A couple of things that surprised me:

spoilers:
    Ghidorah never beats Godzilla. I was expecting old 3-heads to be the clear winner in their first fight but it ends in a draw.

Godzilla bite's his head off in their second fight! I expected something like that for the final fight, not the mid-movie.
    end of spoilers

One thing that really bugged me, however:

spoilers:
    They find freaking Atlantis, never acknowledge it as Atlantis, after 1 minute just decide to blow Atlantis up, and that's the end of it? You can't just introduce an ancient underwater civilization like that and do absolutely nothing with it.
    end of spoilers

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post

spoilers:
    Ghidorah never beats Godzilla. I was expecting old 3-heads to be the clear winner in their first fight but it ends in a draw.

Godzilla bite's his head off in their second fight! I expected something like that for the final fight, not the mid-movie.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    They find freaking Atlantis, never acknowledge it as Atlantis, after 1 minute just decide to blow Atlantis up, and that's the end of it? You can't just introduce an ancient underwater civilization like that and do absolutely nothing with it.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I'm hoping for a couple of Titans being created after setting off a nuke in Atlantis. I want there to be some consequence for revitalizing Godzilla the way they did.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    That might be Godzilla niche. A couple monsters can fly, and a couple can dig underground. But Godzilla doesn't have a lot of peers underwater

The Destoroyah might have been aquatic, but all his fights I believe were on land or in the air.
    Ebirah is, and I'm almost absolutely sure this is true, the only purely aquatic monster that Godzilla fights underwater. Godzilla tussles with Battra and the GMK Ghidorah underwater, but I don't necessarily think that's their home turf. Battra spends a lot of time swimming, but I'm not necessarily sure that it can survive underwater for extended periods.

You know, there was supposed to be a big underwater fight in the Gamera trilogy (I'm thinking in 3?) but they decided against it because the final battle in Rebirth of Mothra 2 is underwater.

Curious

spoilers:
    Are Dr. Chen and her family the Shobijin for this continuity? That the feeling I got seeing how every generation of her family is a twin. Chen's twin was present when the larvae became Mothra
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    What bugged me was
    spoilers:
    All the titans are from Earth, but they figure out that King Ghidorah is from space. Meaning aliens exist and no one batted an eye. All we got was Dr. Serizawa spitting out "a pretender!" in disgust.
    end of spoilers

Though it made me think, perhaps for a final movie spoilers:
    Earth is invaded by a bunch of King Ghidorahs. It would give the other Titans something to do besides pop up for a cameo for fans IMO.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    What bugged me was
    spoilers:
    All the titans are from Earth, but they figure out that King Ghidorah is from space. Meaning aliens exist and no one batted an eye. All we got was Dr. Serizawa spitting out "a pretender!" in disgust.
    end of spoilers

Earth is invaded by a bunch of King Ghidorahs. It would give the other Titans something to do besides pop up for a cameo for fans IMO.
    end of spoilers
    They should do a Pacific Rim cross over. That'll really give the Titans something to do.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    What bugged me was
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers

end of spoilers
    I don't mind them acknowledging King Ghidorah's potential alien origins. It isn't outright proven yet. They come to that conclusion as a means of explaining how he survives the Oxygen Destroyer. But Godzilla survived it as well.

A good idea would be to explain that Ghidorah was what ultimately wiped out the dinosaurs. His arrival is what unleashed the radiation possible to give birth to the Titans.

Since we are on the subject, I really hope they avoid bring Aliens into the mix. Each Godzilla series went off the rails once they did. I prefer hard sci-fi such as Biollante and Destoroyah (hopefully the Oxygen Destroyer being used leads to it being introduced down the line.)
    Last edited by Somecrazyaussie; 06-02-2019 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    I don't mind them acknowledging King Ghidorah's potential alien origins. It isn't outright proven yet. They come to that conclusion as a means of explaining how he survives the Oxygen Destroyer. But Godzilla survived it as well.

A good idea would be to explain that Ghidorah was what ultimately wiped out the dinosaurs. His arrival is what unleashed the radiation possible to give birth to the Titans.

Since we are on the subject, I really hope they avoid bring Aliens into the mix. Each Godzilla series went off the rails once they did. I prefer hard sci-fi such as Biollante and Destoroyah (hopefully the Oxygen Destroyer being used leads to it being introduced down the line.)
    I do hope some of the newer Titans from the Heisei era show up. The Destroyah in particular is probably my fave Godzilla opponent, so it would be cool if he showed up again. It seems like only the classic monsters from the Showa films ever return.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post

spoilers:
    I liked that Ghidorah was kept in alien. He wouldn't have a reason to terraform the planet if he was native to it. Ghidorah staying an alien opens the door for space Godzilla and the other cosmic kaijus.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

I don't really want Aliens in Legendary universe either. but I like Gigan and it would be kinda hard to bring in him without explaining where his Cybernetic enhancement came from.
    As for Mecha-monsters, the skeleton found at the beginning of the first legendary Godzilla movie could be used to build Mechagodzilla, though I doubt audience will buy into that jump of technology.

spoilers:

end of spoilers

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Isn't Gamera (or at least the Heisei version) linked to Atlantis? I wonder if maybe that whole Atlantis thing might be foreshadowing to him showing up down the line. Course, I think Gamera was actually created by a different studio, so who knows if they have the rigths to him or not.
    end of spoilers