Page 75 of 114 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1705

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    What's wrong with Destroy All Monsters or Mechagodzilla?
    Destroy All Monsters was goofy AF.

Mecha-G is alight with me. However, in this current Monster-verse time-line, the current technology doesn't appear to be advanced enough to support the sudden appearance of a Mecha-Anything. My thinking is if they did have that technology then why haven't we already seen appearances of smaller Mecha's first, yes?

Unless, G/KK take place in the distant future?

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    More news!

- More info on the possible Toho homage to Kong vs. Godzilla, it does involve a tree and Kong throws it at G's face, not stuffs it. But then he goes and rams a destroyer down Godzilla's throat.
    The fans want the throat stuffing scene again. As A Gz fan I want to see it! I remember it being a particularly savage move on Kong's part to warn him not to try that fire-breath again. This sounds even better.

Is it weird that I'm looking forward to Shin Ultraman more than Godzilla vs Kong? I mean, I'm still excited for the film, but I've seen three big theatrical Godzilla movies in the last decade and seeing a big budget Ultraman feature just seems more exciting to me?

Of course, there have been several seasons of Ultraman TV shows in that same time timeframe, but they're so beholding to pushing whatever toy gimmick they have that year that it gets in the way of storytelling. Seeing Ultraman done in a straightforward manner without that concession is just... I'm really excited about it!

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    Is it weird that I'm looking forward to Shin Ultraman more than Godzilla vs Kong? I mean, I'm still excited for the film, but I've seen three big theatrical Godzilla movies in the last decade and seeing a big budget Ultraman feature just seems more exciting to me?

Of course, there have been several seasons of Ultraman TV shows in that same time timeframe, but they're so beholding to pushing whatever toy gimmick they have that year that it gets in the way of storytelling. Seeing Ultraman done in a straightforward manner without that concession is just... I'm really excited about it!
    There hasn't been a buzz worthy, huge Ultraman release like this in A LONG TIME. And the person doing it just delivered one of the best Godzilla's of all time, so I get the hype.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

In quasi news:

- WB/Legendary/Toho have re-upped the Rodan and Mothra trademark share. Most people think it's only for toys but it opens the door.
    - WB/Legendary/Toho have quietly worked out a trademark share for MechaGodzilla about 6 months ago.
    - WB/Legendary/Toho have quietly worked out a trademark share for another property but nobody knows what it is yet.
    - There's a new Skull Crusher toy and a flying Titan labled Quetzalcoatl. There's a third titan toy labeled "Mega Godzilla" which is the rumored Mecha G in cloned Ghidorah skin.
    - Toy images are back. 1. 2. 3. 4.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 02-18-2020 at 10:41 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

New York Toy Fair art:

They weren't allowed to take the next 6 panels but it's Kong perched atop a Hong Kong building Godzilla is blasting at. A surprise character is shown behind Kong (which they were asked to not spoil till the fair opens Saturday).

Also, here is a list of toy licenses for the movie:

- Playmates for Godzilla vs. Kong, Legendary’s Monsterverse, and classic Toho monster toys. They are expecting to release 50+ toys.
    - Bioworld is making apparel
    - 60Out is making a GvK themed escape room
    - Virtual Reality Company is making a GvK VR game
    - Legendary Comics is making 2 graphic novels, an art book, 2-3 novelizations, and several children’s books
    - Rubies is making costumes
    - Funko is making collectables
    - Monoply
    - Jenga
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 02-21-2020 at 12:06 PM.

Man, watching Return of Ultraman for the first time (the Blu-ray dropped this week) and it's just a smorgasbord of Kaiju goodness. This was the show that kicked off the second "Kaiju Boom" in the early seventies where for a few years multiple TV networks in Japan we're airing dozens of shows featuring giant alien or robot heroes battling giant monsters. If you've never watched an Ultra show before, but are a big Kaiju fan I'd say the first four shows (Ultra Q, Ultraman, Ultraseven, Return of Ultraman) are essential viewing. They were just as influential as any Godzilla or Gamera movie to the genre.

Incredible Member

to be honest , must be terrrifying to be at ground zero at a japanese village when godzilla attacks...

Mighty Member

What is with the Akira look to that guys hair?

^ that's from a movie based on a popular Japanese comic book about a family living in Tokyo in the 50s. The dad's hair going crazy when he's angry is a visual element from the comic. This clip is from the opening of the second movie (Always 2), and it's a dream sequence that alludes to the fact that this film is set right around when the original Godzilla movie came out.

Since it's a dream sequence I suppose they thought they could get away with the crazy comic hair? I don't know if they do that anywhere else in the movie!

This clip was actually a big deal when it came out, because at this point the Godzilla series had gone on hiatus and this was a rare use of the character by Toho, and the first time the character was brought the life entirely with computer animation. We all wondered if it was a test or something. And, of course, people tried to pass off the clip as a teaser for a brand new movie.

Mighty Member

Ok thanks for the information

Incredible Member

i wonder what the plans are for the monsterverse ,if any , after kong. After godzilla king of the monster underperformed , legendery will be hedging all their bets on the film vs kong.

i'm actually hoping that toho will actually produce a live action version of the game 'city shrouded in shadow' where the human element take center stage and all the various franchises - giant kaijus and mechs came together - godzilla, gamera , ultraman , Patlabor and Evangelion etc.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Any updates on the release of the movie?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    i wonder what the plans are for the monsterverse ,if any , after kong. After godzilla king of the monster underperformed , legendery will be hedging all their bets on the film vs kong.

i'm actually hoping that toho will actually produce a live action version of the game 'city shrouded in shadow' where the human element take center stage and all the various franchises - giant kaijus and mechs came together - godzilla, gamera , ultraman , Patlabor and Evangelion etc.

Will never happen - least not with the franchises outside Godzilla. A game is one thing, getting all parties involved to agree on a movie, won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    to be honest , must be terrrifying to be at ground zero at a japanese village when godzilla attacks...

Whoa!

For NOT being a Hollywood production, that was pretty respectable CGI there. The dad going "Super Saiyan" was a nice touch. I gotta track this movie down.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Will never happen - least not with the franchises outside Godzilla. A game is one thing, getting all parties involved to agree on a movie, won't happen.
    Trying to get all those IP's together sounds incredibly complicated.
    Last edited by GOLGO 13; 06-08-2020 at 08:01 AM.