Page 81 of 114 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1705

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    The boys... they're back in town!

Sequel or reboot?

I thought I read somewhere this was a sequel to the OG series.

Either way, looks bananas. Shin Godzilla became my favorite Godzilla after Gojira, so this is getting an immediate watch!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

The boys... they're back in town!

Yes! Godzilla vs Kong and Godzilla: Singular Point and Shin Ultraman! What an exciting time to be a kaiju fan!

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Yes! Godzilla vs Kong and Godzilla: Singular Point and Shin Ultraman! What an exciting time to be a kaiju fan!
    And ...

Sounds like it is coming this April!
    https://m-78.jp/news/post-5553
    https://anime.heros-ultraman.com/spe...suhisa-suzuki/
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Oh and Pacific Rim : The Black is set to come out later this year, too.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 01-28-2021 at 10:59 PM.

March 4 is Pacific Rim : The Black

And a Skull Island anime is coming now.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 02-01-2021 at 11:42 AM.

Has anyone else seen Howl from Beyond the Fog yet? I got the blu-ray a few weeks back and it's really, really good.

^ Got it for Christmas! Excited for that group's next kaiju short (also using classic effects techniques). Also, the distributor, SRS, is releasing an ultra obscure Korean kaiju movie from the '80s that practically no one has seen where all the monster footage is stock footage licensed from '60s-'70s Ultraman shows (mostly Return of Ultraman). I've got a bit of morbid curiosity about this thing!

New teaser for Singular Point focusing on the human characters and their robot mascot - Jet Jaguar!

The standard edition sets of Arrow's Gamera blu-ray sets are out now, so if you didn't get the limited edition a few months ago hop on it! The best kaiju home video release ever!

Any other news? Ah, yes: Super 7 has picked up the Godzilla license for collectable toys in the US (NECA's license recently expired) and has big plans and rights to all the Toho monsters aside from Kong/Mechanikong!

^ Got it for Christmas! Excited for that group's next kaiju short (also using classic effects techniques). Also, the distributor, SRS, is releasing an ultra obscure Korean kaiju movie from the '80s that practically no one has seen where all the monster footage is stock footage licensed from '60s-'70s Ultraman shows (mostly Return of Ultraman). I've got a bit of morbid curiosity about this thing!

New teaser for Singular Point focusing on the human characters and their robot mascot - Jet Jaguar!

The standard edition sets of Arrow's Gamera blu-ray sets are out now, so if you didn't get the limited edition a few months ago hop on it! The best kaiju home video release ever!

Any other news? Ah, yes: Super 7 has picked up the Godzilla license for collectable toys in the US (NECA's license recently expired) and has big plans and rights to all the Toho monsters aside from Kong/Mechanikong!
    Was not expecting Jet Jaguar!

Are they (guys who made Howl) planning on doing more kaiju shorts? I would love that! Whether it's a return to Howl's creature or a new kaiju, after that first short film they've totally earned my faith. That short was so beautiful. The choice to use puppets, the rural period setting, and the suit all really give this a dreamlike quality and a look that's unlike anything else in the genre (in a good way - while I love the standard average kaiju flick, variety in any genre is welcome). I'm really glad I splurged a bit for the blu-ray, although it looks like it might be getting a wider release on dvd later this year (I browsed SRS's "Coming Soon" section).

I saw that, "War of the God Monsters". I'm a little torn. On the one hand I'm a bit of a completionist, but on the other I'm not sure about a movie that's all using Ultraman clips - I am collecting all of the Ultraman series through Mill Creek, so I have all the kaiju scenes for this already. Maybe if it reaches the "dvd at wal mart", I'd feel more comfortable risking $10 on this than $25.

I might also grab Konga TNT when it gets a dvd (already out on Blu-ray). While it looks...terrible visually, I like that someone basically made a giant monster movie at home with family and friends during the covid lockdown. Sure, the suit is a Halloween gorilla costume, but I really want more amateur attempts in this genre. Amateur superhero films, while also not terribly good, exist. I kind of want kaiju films to have that feel of accessibility to everyone that "Maybe I can make a giant monster movie too?" If nothing else it'd be better than more cheap shark movies...

^ Their post-Howl project is called "Brush of the God"

https://mobile.twitter.com/Kaminofude

I did say my curiosity for War of the God Monsters is mostly morbid curiosity, but a film can do worse then build itself from (mostly) Return of Ultraman kaiju footage! I'm in awe of how great the monster and model effects (primarily in the first half of the series) are. There are episodes of that show that rival anything that Toho did on the big screen in the '50s-'60s heyday!

^ Their post-Howl project is called "Brush of the God"

https://mobile.twitter.com/Kaminofude

I did say my curiosity for War of the God Monsters is mostly morbid curiosity, but a film can do worse then build itself from (mostly) Return of Ultraman kaiju footage! I'm in awe of how great the monster and model effects (primarily in the first half of the series) are. There are episodes of that show that rival anything that Toho did on the big screen in the '50s-'60s heyday!
    I saw the kickstarter for Brush of God but didn't realize it was the same guys! Awesome! Then hopefully we can expect that same level of quality then. Also, considering how quick Howl came over here, that's good news for my odds of getting to see Brush of God sooner than later too.

And I...need to finally watch my copy of Return of Ultraman...after I finish my copy of Ultraseven this weekend...

I know the 1998 movie isn't very good but I did like Godzilla's design in that film. Admittedly, that might be because I grew up on the animated series that was based on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    And I...need to finally watch my copy of Return of Ultraman...after I finish my copy of Ultraseven this weekend...
    Ishiro Honda directs a bunch of episodes of Return, including the premier and finale!

JJ in something new? After almost 50 years, my heart is racing! I'm so HAPPY!

Word around town is that the North American home video rights to Return of Godzilla are set to expire soon, so if you don't already you might want to pick up the current Blu-ray or DVD.

Biollante, vs. King Ghidorah, and vs. Mothra are also out of print, but Sony's licenses to the other three Heisei movies (and the Millenium movies) still have a few years before they expire.