Page 82 of 114 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1705

So the Super Bowl ad was just a remixed and shortened version of the international ad.

...oh everyone has moved over to the Godzilla vs Kong thread? Alrighty then.

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    Word around town is that the North American home video rights to Return of Godzilla are set to expire soon, so if you don't already you might want to pick up the current Blu-ray or DVD.

Biollante, vs. King Ghidorah, and vs. Mothra are also out of print, but Sony's licenses to the other three Heisei movies (and the Millenium movies) still have a few years before they expire.
    I have all the Hesei but good to know!

I just want what's left of the Showa Era I don't have but the NA versions seem to be gonzo. I guess it is time to get the Criterion set ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    So the Super Bowl ad was just a remixed and shortened version of the international ad.

...oh everyone has moved over to the Godzilla vs Kong thread? Alrighty then.
    Kinda? The other non-Legendary stuff is still here.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Incredible Member

Shout Factory just announced that they'll be releasing a collector's edition Blu/Ray of Dino DeLaurentis' 1976 remake of KING KONG. And to really to amp up the "Wow !" factor, along with the theatrical cut of the flick. The disc will contain the extended, three hour cut that aired on television back in the day. The version that many of us who were introduced to the King of Skull Island for the first time with.

^ For younger folks not familiar with the practice: back in the day a movie might not have been long enough to fill a time slot for TV, so they'd add deleted or extended scenes to beef up the runtime. Movies like Kong '76 and the first Supermam where made into TV "events" that were aired over two nights and, in order to get to that length to occupy two blocks of two hours had an enormous amount of deleted or trimmed stuff added back in. That 30 seconds of Kong banging on that wall in the theatrical version? Now he's banging on it for a couple of minutes!

(I'm always disappointed the extended TV scene of Ash in the windmill from Army of Darkness isn't in the theatrical or director's cut)

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I have all the Hesei but good to know!

I just want what's left of the Showa Era I don't have but the NA versions seem to be gonzo. I guess it is time to get the Criterion set ...
    Get it during the annual Criterion sale (in June or November)! It's totally worth it - but hold on to your previous DVDs, as a lot of the US versions are missing from the Criterion set, 'cause Toho is really weird and mysterious about what materials they'll license to you and what you can use.

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    ^ For younger folks not familiar with the practice: back in the day a movie might not have been long enough to fill a time slot for TV, so they'd add deleted or extended scenes to beef up the runtime. Movies like Kong '76 and the first Supermam where made into TV "events" that were aired over two nights and, in order to get to that length to occupy two blocks of two hours had an enormous amount of deleted or trimmed stuff added back in. That 30 seconds of Kong banging on that wall in the theatrical version? Now he's banging on it for a couple of minutes!

(I'm always disappointed the extended TV scene of Ash in the windmill from Army of Darkness isn't in the theatrical or director's cut)
    For years, the only version of Blazing Saddles I had seen was the version that aired on channel 11 that my parents had taped, which had a bunch of deleted scenes added back in. When I finally bought it years later on dvd and watched it, I was actually disappointed because many scenes that I remember fondly were only included in the deleted scene section and not integrated back into the movie.

"Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Another new trailer:

G's face and light-up eyes are suspect to me. Very MechaG ...

Also, merch has confirmed Warbat and Hellhawk's names.

Another new trailer:

This is starting to be one of the worst kept secrets possible. lol

I kinda want the toys, but I also wanna wait till they release a toy of [said worst kept secret] first.

I liked the first Godzilla vs. Kong trailer. Watched it twice and I don't really want to see anything else before the movie.

I really dig this design. Reminds me of the original GMK design, which was supposed to have a more saurian lower body but just couldn't work with a suit.

Despite the more obvious stylistic flourishes (fangs, ridges on his body, veins on his dorsal plates) it's also a return to Godzilla's traditional color scheme.

Mighty Member

Another new trailer:

I expect a certain scene from 1974 to be replicated with Kong replacing someone.

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    I expect a certain scene from 1974 to be replicated with Kong replacing someone.
    Wasn't King Caeser a stand in for Kong because the rights lapsed?

Seems kind of poetic if you ask me.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 02-16-2021 at 08:29 PM.

Mighty Member

I think I read that somewhere it cannot remember where.

I really hope it is more like Skull Island than the two Godzilla movies.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I thought Kong was public domain?

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I thought Kong was public domain?
    Maybe now, not sure that was the case in the 1970s. Paramount was making a King Kong movie then, maybe that is why.

I can do some more sleuthing but someone with more Godzilla knowledge might know more.

Man, we need to sic Brian Cronin on this!
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 02-17-2021 at 11:52 AM.