Page 84 of 114 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1704
    Ultimate Member

It was going good up until the anime rock song! Great to hear the music again though!

Seriously, though, I hope Rodan and Angilas don't get shafted in this! I liked the Legendary Rodan design but I didn't like him teaming up with Ghidorah, or not teaming up with Godzilla.

Also, who was jet jaguar fighting? And who's Baron?
    Last edited by CosmiComic; 03-12-2021 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    It was going good up until the anime rock song! Great to hear the music again though!

Seriously, though, I hope Rodan and Angilas don't get shafted in this! I liked the Legendary Rodan design but I didn't like him teaming up with Ghidorah, or not teaming up with Godzilla.

Also, who was jet jaguar fighting? And who's Baron?
    Varon.

It was a typo on my part. B & V are next to each other on the keyboard. My bad.

This guy:
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Singular Point looks awesome! Can't wait.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Varon.

It was a typo on my part. B & V are next to each other on the keyboard. My bad.

This guy:
    No problem. I didn't notice him in the trailer

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    Singular Point looks awesome! Can't wait.
    I'm cautious about it. I'm nor a regular anime watcher but I'm a big Godzilla fan
    Last edited by CosmiComic; 03-12-2021 at 07:00 PM.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Smile

This was a Great Bio and History of the Original Godzilla from a Great YouTube Group!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Astonishing Member

I am totally a Godzilla mark but, now that I think about it, are there Kong magazines? There isn't an all things Kong thread is there? Is it just a japanese/anime thing (Godzilla fan clubs and mags over there that have creeped over here?) Or is Godzilla just more popular in the anime/cartoon/magazine/t-shirt sense?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    I am totally a Godzilla mark but, now that I think about it, are there Kong magazines? There isn't an all things Kong thread is there? Is it just a japanese/anime thing (Godzilla fan clubs and mags over there that have creeped over here?) Or is Godzilla just more popular in the anime/cartoon/magazine/t-shirt sense?
    Idk. Kong doesn't have nearly as big of a series of movies as Godzilla does. Plus Godzilla is getting two anime! That's why he's the King!

But I don't have an answer, sorry

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post

Godzilla is far far more popular. In spite of the ads all favoring Kong a poll reported that 41 states want Godzilla to win.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    Godzilla is far far more popular. In spite of the ads all favoring Kong a poll reported that 41 states want Godzilla to win.
    Plus he's just obviously more powerful

Mighty Member

Plus he's just obviously more powerful
    That doesn’t matter to some people and I have 2 or 3 of them on my ignore list. All that matters to them is Kong coming first and their perception of his popularity.

Well, before Legendary had to nix 2 MonsterVerse sequels after King of the Monsters underperformed, one of the sequels after the already green-lit Kong vs. Godzilla was a Kong movie with him seen as king.

I kind of wonder if Legendary has been planning for Kong to win the whole time?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    That doesn’t matter to some people and I have 2 or 3 of them on my ignore list. All that matters to them is Kong coming first and their perception of his popularity.
    I mean, technically King Ghidorah is more powerful than Godzilla, but we all saw how KoTM ended.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Well, before Legendary had to nix 2 MonsterVerse sequels after King of the Monsters underperformed, one of the sequels after the already green-lit Kong vs. Godzilla was a Kong movie with him seen as king.

I kind of wonder if Legendary has been planning for Kong to win the whole time?
    I didn't know all that!

Amazing Member

Just watched Godzilla vs Kong and I liked it, loved the monster brawls, but something was a bit off for me. Felt that the reason why Godzilla and Kong fight didn't quite lined up with the other movies and what seem like would be a driving force of the movie based on the trailers wasn't actually mentioned at all.

It definitely felt like there was more to tell that either got chopped out of the movie or was missing/ignored. I'm here for the monster fights and as far as that went I got what I wanted, but King of the Monsters is still my favorite MonsterVerse movie

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GeekSmark View Post
    Just watched Godzilla vs Kong and I liked it, loved the monster brawls, but something was a bit off for me. Felt that the reason why Godzilla and Kong fight didn't quite lined up with the other movies and what seem like would be a driving force of the movie based on the trailers wasn't actually mentioned at all.

It definitely felt like there was more to tell that either got chopped out of the movie or was missing/ignored. I'm here for the monster fights and as far as that went I got what I wanted, but King of the Monsters is still my favorite MonsterVerse movie
    I liked KotM a lot despite the human plot being sketchy. How is the human plot in GvK? Good or bad?

Astonishing Member

I liked KotM a lot despite the human plot being sketchy. How is the human plot in GvK? Good or bad?
    basically a colossal waste of time (the human interactions), (but not much time actually) the only human of note was the little girl the rest were a waste of dialog. As for the fight I got what I wanted as a result but the film just like the commercials seemed more Kong-centric putting him in a better great light compassionate et al. Godzilla seems to just be all about being "King of the Monsters" any rival to the throne he has to deal with, which I am fine with but you could tell the difference between Kong's treatment (motivations) and Godzilla's.